It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Filipino, Colombian or Chinese??  (Read 19914 times)

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Filipino, Colombian or Chinese??
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2009, 10:41:02 PM »

Before I met my wife I thought about which country would be best. I think it really depends on which culture and attributes of the women are most appealing but after I met my wife it really wasn't that important where she was from.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Heruamen

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2009, 12:36:43 AM »
  crashfire I just returned from a 3 month stay in the phils. I was like you this time last year undecided whether to go latin or asian or whatever.  This website really helped me make my decision.  First of all it is a total myth that Filipinas don't have curves like latinas.  I saw so many full breasted,curvy,round behinded women in the Phils that it made my head spin.  I spent plenty of time in the malls (SM and Limketkai) in Cagayan and it had me wondering whether i should have just came to the phils single(but i only wondered for a moment I love my girl hehehe)  I never seen such a collection of beautiful women in my life all skin shades and many different kinds of looks because they are a mixed race people. On average most of the women i met there were very friendly feminine and hospitable.   Before I choose the phils I would listen to the latina vs asian debates on this website they were informative in me making my decision.   The inner qualities that many men said the asian women possess really struck a cord with me. Of course thats a generalization you will find good and bad in every group of women.  But you cant escape culture. For example you dont walk down the street in the phils seeing womens breast half hanging out.  Just looking at some of the photos on the Latin site I observed that culturally its not a problem for them to do that.  If thats a quality you like in a life partner than choose to go somewhere where its more culturally accepted to do so.   No offense to any guys with latin wives I am just relaying what I have seen after looking a hundreds of websites and of course thats a generalization as well.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2009, 03:50:34 AM »

Heruamen,

I agree with your perception that filipinas are more modest(generally speaking) than latinas.I went to the beach with my ex-fiancee and most of the women wore bathing suits that were not that revealing.However, the exception to the rule in was Bogota.Most of the women there dress more conservatively but it is mostly due to the weather IMO.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2009, 03:50:34 AM »

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2009, 05:52:08 AM »
First of all it is a total myth that Filipinas don't have curves like latinas.  I saw so many full breasted,curvy,round behinded women in the Phils that it made my head spin. 

Hey Heruamen,

Very true! Filipinas come in all shapes, sizes and colors. Many are very curvacious, As you said, they just don't show it or flaunt it in public. You even see some thick ladies here.

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline satori

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2009, 12:06:56 PM »
Which industry is that? The baseless rumor industry?

No scientific studies, no hard evidence, just a bunch of worthless nonsense.

Sorry, but I have no respect for all these stupid Interent theories that are based on nothing more than ignorance and scare tactics.

Please come back when you have a solid scientific study to back up the nonsense...

I'll tell you what...you keep shaking with fear over a bunch of silly urban legends and I'll keep enjoying my Rum & Diet Cokes...

HIC!   :P

Nothing in that post was a baseless rumor.  Have you ever spoken to managment at this company?  Research scientists?  Attorneys?  The FDA?  Calculated potential payments for product liabilities?  Analyzed how new products are brought to market?  Your post clearly demonstrates that you have very limited knowledge of the subject and know little about biochemistry. 

Recall that my post started with 'with all due respect...' and included 'you MAYwant to rethink....'.   I support you right to drink rum and diet coke and do as you please.  Your lack of similar tolerance suggests something about you.

Offline Ray

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »

And after frantically searching the Internet all week looking for that scientific study, THAT was all you could come up with?

It's still just baseless nonsense...  :P

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2009, 04:29:44 PM »
OK guys--let's be more tolerant of others posts w/o bashing one another! I am a believer in scientific research and  empirical truth being thoroughly established before stating any research findings.

Like statistics, we can probably each find sources/figures to support what we feel are 'the facts'. Whatever side of an issue we choose to endorse, we can find sources with data to support it. Of course, others can question those sources.

I, however am INFALLIABLE!, I use a panel of sage individuals, consiting of the experts 'Me' 'Myself'' and 'I' and we know with all certainty that the moon REALLY is made out of cheese!

For all you naysayers, I have done a 'double blind' study to verify my findings, using late night TV and found credible resources verifying my facts. The late Reverend Ike--who sent me my 'lucky coin', Madame Cleo, the psychic who sees all, and Dion Warwick--with the  'My Psychic Friends Network' as well as  Jerry Falwell have all verified that I speak the truth! And I paid them good money to further my findings!

Now unless, you can go up to the moon and bring me back some pieces (and even then--they'll probably be an anomaly) I know that I am right!

Anyone who disagrees will have to go to scientology headquarters in Los Angeles and be wired up so that they may 'become clear'.....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Dave H

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2009, 11:53:15 PM »
Hey Rob,

Reverend Ike may have recently departed, but at least we still have Reverend Horton Heat!

Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYALiTct1_I&feature=related
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 12:05:58 AM by Dave H »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2009, 06:18:40 PM »
I have noticed some real differences between the way Filipinas interact with foreign guys compared to how American women interact with American men.

Even in the Philippines, where there's a reputation for some younger women being quite willing to marry older guys,(especially foreigners) they're quick to notice and comment positively if a guy who's in his 30's or older and changes his appearance and it makes him look younger.

On the other hand, I think they're usually very unlikely to make a personal comment to the effect that someone's getting old, is fat, etc.

When I am into weight lifting, a little lighter in weight and more toned up than usual, and then again when I shaved off my beard and mustache, practically all the Filipinas
both in the USA and 'over there' made nice comments on how I 'looked younger'. I tend to get into fitness kicks for a while--usually in the spring and summer and they invariably notice even small differences.

My wife and her family never made any mention of disliking my beard and mustache before I married, but they were all very verbally positive about it when I shaved off my goatee and mustache.

Interestingly, almost no AW make positive comments about physical appearance to me. They might say 'Nice jacket'--'Ohh, I like that shirt', but virtually nothing about physical changes, even if I lose 20--25 pounds. I think that most Filpinas are much more sensitive and conscious about physical appearance, both their own and that of their 'significant other' and more so than AW. I could go from 215 pounds to 210 and the 50 or so Filipinas I work around would notice...

I get an occasional and appropriate comment from my Filipina wife that I should cut away the fat from a piece of meat, get the low fat ice cream or butter substitute and perhaps go for a walk after dinner with her. AW are a lot more likely to criticize in harsher ways and much less prone to compliment.

On the same subject, Filipinas I know on a casual, social basis would have never said anything negative to me about my appearance and I imagine I could be wearing glittering gold spandex and they just wouldn't say anything.

But my wife looks me up and down every morning and likes to suggest I wear 'this shirt' or 'that tie'. There's no getting out of the house with shaving cream in my ear!

It about drives me crazy with HER getting dressed. She has very good taste and I rarely make suggestions that she change, but nonetheless, she'll change her clothes several times before she (and me) agree that she looks really nice. I don't know why I bought her nice jewelry. She refuses to wear much gold, as she feels it's too pretentious. Maybe I should melt it down for $$ and fix up our boat. (not)

I think most American wives wouldn't notice if their husband's shirts were inside out and the men couldn't tell the cops what their wife was last wearing if she disappeared!

Now get those same Filipinas alone in a room together (just the females) and there's NO telling what they might say--the claws come out and the fur flies. My wife was absolutely appalled when one Filipina saw another who'd put on some pounds and told her THREE times that she was 'getting as big as a barrel'.--Totally tactless, down right rude.

I think women in general will look at guys say things to them in ways that they think the guys want to see and hear, especially when there's a possible romance element in play. From my experience, the words and looks AW give off just tend to be more blunt and it doesn't matter if the woman is particularly attractive either.

Offline Bear

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2009, 08:17:51 PM »
I call the the "worst Filipina trait" that they think they have the right to criticize and insult others.  My wife pretty much refuses to participate in any Filipino functions, with a few exception, because of that.  I think it has something to do with improving/solidifying each others position within "the crowd".  One insult I heard so much it shocked me when I learned what it meant.  To say a child looks like the father is a compliment but to say it looks like the mother is an insult.  After the first I had to tell the nurses at the hospital not to comment on who it looks like because I was afraid she get emotional while her hormones were all screwed up.  Of course the Filipina nurse still had to make her comment.

The Bear Family

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2009, 08:31:42 PM »
To say a child looks like the father is a compliment but to say it looks like the mother is an insult. 
WOW  :o. Thanks for that bit of info. 
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2009, 06:17:45 AM »
That's true--and a lot of Filipinas are very sensitive about noses, feeling theirs are too small. If you say 'oh that baby's nose is cute as a button' --not an unusual expression here, you might really offend them.

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2009, 02:16:26 AM »
  crashfire I just returned from a 3 month stay in the phils. I was like you this time last year undecided whether to go latin or asian or whatever.  This website really helped me make my decision.  First of all it is a total myth that Filipinas don't have curves like latinas.  I saw so many full breasted,curvy,round behinded women in the Phils that it made my head spin.  I spent plenty of time in the malls (SM and Limketkai) in Cagayan and it had me wondering whether i should have just came to the phils single(but i only wondered for a moment I love my girl hehehe)  I never seen such a collection of beautiful women in my life all skin shades and many different kinds of looks because they are a mixed race people. On average most of the women i met there were very friendly feminine and hospitable.   Before I choose the phils I would listen to the latina vs asian debates on this website they were informative in me making my decision.   The inner qualities that many men said the asian women possess really struck a cord with me. Of course thats a generalization you will find good and bad in every group of women.  But you cant escape culture. For example you dont walk down the street in the phils seeing womens breast half hanging out.  Just looking at some of the photos on the Latin site I observed that culturally its not a problem for them to do that.  If thats a quality you like in a life partner than choose to go somewhere where its more culturally accepted to do so.   No offense to any guys with latin wives I am just relaying what I have seen after looking a hundreds of websites and of course thats a generalization as well.

I agree with you 100% and that is why I ended up in PH. The woman I am talking to has a very suprisingly little round butt and not the stereotypical flat butt. Maybe its the spanish blood?Also the genuine qualities they possess ultimately made the decision for me. Congrats!!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2009, 02:16:26 AM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2009, 08:08:58 AM »

I agree with you 100% and that is why I ended up in PH. The woman I am talking to has a very suprisingly little round butt and not the stereotypical flat butt. Maybe its the spanish blood?

Sterotypical flat butt?? Where do you get that nonsense from?

Offline william3rd

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2009, 08:31:13 AM »
Oh lawdy lawdy lawdy- he came back to baffle us with his BS, to leave us laughing with his sheer lameness. . .As he so aptly pointed out yet doesnt do, the Ignore button is to the left. To keep your sanity, push once and let PMS babble on without an audience :D.

So how does one find out about a little round butt on a webcam. Do you offer to stick yours . . . if she will?LOL
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline Ray

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2009, 08:53:06 AM »

So how does one find out about a little round butt on a webcam.

William, I was wondering the same thing... 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2009, 10:09:22 AM »
Some of those new fangled webcams --I had one but scrapped it--have a wide angle that's more like a fish eye lens and they make EVERYTHING round. It was able to show my entire living room, but it distorted things. it even would track my face if I moved around--too weird

Maybe he's got the fish eye--ha ha.

They've got as many types of butts in the RP as they do in Brooklyn. And while a lot of people have smaller, somewhat flat noses, there are plenty that have more ( more typical in other countries ) Spanish--European style noses.  Part of the charm of the RP is the variety, (the land of eye candy of many types) from gals from those who describe their eyes as 'chinky' (Chinese) to some gals with really white skin and complexions right out of Spain's royal family to gals with thick coarse wavy hair and features not that different from African Americans. Some look quite Indian.

If any one sees someone who can pass as Frieda Pinto's twin sister--call me immediately, please.

Offline Dave H

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2009, 07:44:40 AM »

But my wife looks me up and down every morning and likes to suggest I wear 'this shirt' or 'that tie'. There's no getting out of the house with shaving cream in my ear!

Hey Rob,

My wife just checks to make sure my fly is zipped before I leave the house...it usually is down.  ::) I tell her that it makes it easier to piss everywhere in public like Filipinos!  ;D

Dave

Offline Dave H

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2009, 08:05:45 AM »
gals with thick coarse wavy hair and features not that different from African Americans.

I took a picture with some Mamanwa ladies who passed by my house the other day. They were around 4 feet tall. They come to town during Christmas season to collect gifts (food, clothing etc.) from the Christian Filipinos. A few years ago a large group of Mamanwa women and children saw me and chased me down the street, shouting "Kano, Kano, Kano..."  :o Man, they are fast! Many were even barefoot on the hot road.

Dave
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:08:31 AM by Dave H »

Offline satori

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2009, 04:47:32 PM »
And after frantically searching the Internet all week looking for that scientific study, THAT was all you could come up with?

It's still just baseless nonsense...  :P

There is not much that needs to be presented as it is basic biochemistry.  Nothing more is required than a basic textbook although that is probably well beyond your intellectual ability.  Relying on someone else to interpret a study or scientific data because you do not have the underlying expertise, as you do, is ignorant.  What is baseless nonsense is your education and knowledge of the subject (and likely many other things).  The only thing you can come up with to support your position is your ignorance.  THAT is precisely why you are rude and obnoxious-you have no substance and are incapable of adding anything of value. 

I will let you get the last word here as I know that is all someone of your diminutive stature can attain.  You cannot compete in the real world where educated, successful people make decisions on things like this that have real consequences. 

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2009, 11:00:53 PM »
I took a picture with some Mamanwa ladies who passed by my house the other day. They were around 4 feet tall. They come to town during Christmas season to collect gifts (food, clothing etc.) from the Christian Filipinos. A few years ago a large group of Mamanwa women and children saw me and chased me down the street, shouting "Kano, Kano, Kano..."  :o Man, they are fast! Many were even barefoot on the hot road.

Dave

Ya Dave i heard that they were all going to get the day off from school/work for "chase the kano day"  ;D ;D ;D

piglett
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Ray

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2009, 01:37:20 AM »
There is not much that needs to be presented as it is basic biochemistry.  Nothing more is required than a basic textbook although that is probably well beyond your intellectual ability.  Relying on someone else to interpret a study or scientific data because you do not have the underlying expertise, as you do, is ignorant.  What is baseless nonsense is your education and knowledge of the subject (and likely many other things).  The only thing you can come up with to support your position is your ignorance.  THAT is precisely why you are rude and obnoxious-you have no substance and are incapable of adding anything of value. 

I will let you get the last word here as I know that is all someone of your diminutive stature can attain.  You cannot compete in the real world where educated, successful people make decisions on things like this that have real consequences. 

English translation = “There is absolutely no evidence to support my idiotic fear-mongering nonsense, so instead I will pretend that I have an IQ above 60.”

So now your cover is blown and you just proved to everyone what a dumb bozo you really are…

And the winner is… satori!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2009, 09:56:25 AM »
So many butts--so little time....

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2009, 09:56:25 AM »

Offline Dave H

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2009, 11:01:35 PM »
That's true--and a lot of Filipinas are very sensitive about noses, feeling theirs are too small. If you say 'oh that baby's nose is cute as a button' --not an unusual expression here, you might really offend them.

True...No Filipina, married to a foreigner wants to hear "Your baby has your nose!" That is a VERY BIG insult! Usually said by jealous women. A lady in the barangay said that to my wife once without ever having seen the baby. The baby was completely covered by the roof of the stroller. I am CERTAIN that she will stay clear of my wife in the future!!!!!

Dave

Offline Heruamen

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2009, 12:14:32 AM »
    thats why they are always complimenting my nose.  Good thing I told my girls sister that her kids look like their father ( They really do though).  Crashfire I am glad you made that decision.  After being there in the Phils I wonder why I even thought about traveling someplace else.  I envy you Dave to be able to look out your window and watch filipina women go down the street heheehe.  I tell you its not the same talking to my girl in cam like before since I have seen her and been with her so many months.  That cam thrill is gone because I miss her laying next to me.  My lady is into all the things I like.  She is even more of a video game fanatic then myself.  Never thought that was possible in a female. 

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878
Latest: Wileycauch
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 65