It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Filipino, Colombian or Chinese??  (Read 19917 times)

Offline crashfirepm53

Filipino, Colombian or Chinese??
« on: November 17, 2009, 05:03:26 AM »
I have been gathering information for a couple of years about foreign brides so I make an informed decision. Now I am planning a trip about 6 months out and I cannot truly decide which way to go.
The factors to consider are in no order, physical appearance, sincerity of being a good wife, education and overall economics of visiting her in her country. Obviously there are many others but this is the bulk.

Physically speaking, there are no more beautiful, sexy and passionate woman more than Latinas. I know this is debatable but there is nothing sexier than a woman who is built like this..

Asian women are plenty sexy but just not typically with the curves as a latina.
Filipinas speak english more commonly, are educated and that education can transfer over nicely in the U.S. in many situations. I understand that the Chinese women speak English is fairly common as well.

As far as sincerity, I think Asian women are more sincere about finding a good husband and being a good wife. My vibe o meter just registers higher than with the SA women. I've read posts where some Asian ladies consider the online chat prior to meeting as dating and that you are thier boyfriend committing to you somewhat anyways.

Latinas on the other hand tend to play you more so until you actually visit and even then may still be running a few guys in the background while you aren't there.

Economically, SA is less expensive to visit for me and I can be there in a matter of hours other 12 plus hours on a jet to Asia. Of course airfare is alot more as well.

Everything I said is a generalization so please don't be offended.
Anyone face the same delima and if so what did you decide and why?

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Filipino, Colombian or Chinese??
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 07:50:10 AM »
If you want your Latina bride to look like that for very long, you'd better plan on trading her in every couple of years on a new, younger model, as long as we're talking generalizations, here.

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 08:13:11 AM »
Maybe he isn't really looking for a bride, maybe he wants a "trophy" to show off.
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 08:13:11 AM »

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 09:35:35 AM »
No need to be harsh. The looks of Latinas are certainly luring.

It is a very very small percentage of Chinese girls who can speak English. It's just there are a ton of Chinese girls.

Yes, chances are an Asian girl will consider you a committed boyfriend upon your arrival there. That totally threw me off.

I think Filipinas are a bit sexier, but I don't find their faces as attractive. I honestly am not very attracted to most Chinese girls.

EDIT:
I should re-phrase that. I think there are a lot of Chinese girls who look decent or cute, but not a lot who knock my socks off.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:40:24 AM by jm21-2 »

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 11:59:18 AM »
Maybe he isn't really looking for a bride, maybe he wants a "trophy" to show off.

DITTO
your rite on the money KFC
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 01:09:04 PM »

I think for a good match, you should go with a less-intelligent girl with a big booty...  ;D

Offline jm21-2

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 01:52:28 PM »
From what I've seen so far, as far as looks go, I'd have to say Japanese girls win pretty much hands down in Asia. There were several times when I caught myself staring at a hottie and then she walked over to her two children. That's pretty amazing in my book. The youngish girls seem to have a more western body (probably from an increasingly western diet?) and take care of their looks...

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 05:55:04 PM »
I think for a good match, you should go with a less-intelligent girl with a big booty...  ;D

:o ;D :o
ha ha ha

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 06:27:11 PM »
Kind of funny, but when I mentioned to my wife the old USA pop hit "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life--never make a pretty woman your wife"--she mentioned that they have the same song over there--but in their language. I bet most nations also have some variation of it.

From an aesthetic point of view, I personally find Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese and Chinese women to be the most physically attractive and think that many of them age amazingly well. They tend to stay a bit thinner over time (generally) from what I see. No wonder those horribly bad Chinese beauty products for skin whiteners and other junk ("pearl drops, etc) TV commercials in the PI are all over the TV. Women here is the USA gush over my wife's light, creamy tan complexion. Back home, she always wanted to be ten shades lighter and she stays out of the sun as much as possible here!

My wife gets a lot of compliments on her beauty and simple, yet elegant way of dressing, while wearing little or no make up. Five years ago, she was 5'0 tall and 90 pounds and give or take a pound, she still is that weight and yet can eat me under the table at the all you can eat Asian buffet! She does take pride in her appearance and is always asking me if her outfit looks 'OK" and she'll change her outfit several times before going off to work, which kind of drives me crazy, but she also makes sure I look good--she doesn't let me mix cowboy plaid shirts with striped pants--ha ha--has tasteful 'contemporary classic' style, with a few cutting edge clothes thrown in--nothing too suggestive. But--in the car, I tease her about wearing out the vanity mirror, but she is far, far from being a vain woman. She has a wonderful balance of pride and modesty.

Sometimes it almost scares me how lovely she is and how little she shows her age, while time marches on for me, but that's life. Today is the present and I accept it like a gift.

In many Filipina's appearance--I see the mix of many, many nation's physical characteristics--a real melting pot--to me they epitomize the perfect blend of every woman--very 'international' looking, exotic and often hard to peg. I can more readilly tell a Korean from a Chinese, from a Thai or Vietnamese lady than I can Filipinas at times--there's just more variations among Filipinos, I find. An interresting web link is this one>> http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2009/03/16/the-peopling-of-the-philippines/

Filipinas are very often gorgeous (and hey--a 10 is a 10 ANYWHERE) and the Miss World and Universe beauty pageants pick Filipinas as 'Most Photogenic" more than any other nationality pretty consistently, so go figure.

I have noticed that for some reason, Filipinas more than other Asian women tend to get at least a little bit of the 'jelly belly' and I really don't know why that is and it's not all due to diet, I don't think. Not that I have wash board abs--just an observation.

All I know that for disposition, generally speaking, I find Filipinas to (again 'generally') to be easier to live with long term than most women from other nations, and while all of us want a better life, they seem to be more sentimental--romantic. To me anyways,  provincially raised women seem to be better temperament than metropolitan raised woman overall and many eventually go to the cities for college and or work and gain some additional 'sophistication' without losing their values.

Now in terms of looks---about those gals down in Brazil--oh me oh myo--I think I'd best just head back to the PI with family and a pair of dark sunglasses all the same..... Like the "Boss " -- sings "You can look but you better not touch" --and when in the PI--watch out for the tampo fall out just in case!!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 07:23:31 PM »
I knew their would be some "trophy wife " comments so I'm bothered by that. I didn't say that's the type of woman I 'm chasing I just said that this is what I find sexy. Plenty of curves in Latinas as compared to a 90lb 5 footer no offense to anyone. Of course over the years I think those curves may catch up to them where the thin Asian has some growing room.
 In all honesty, who doesn't want a woman who looks like that? If all things being equal, I d take the prettier one.
Now Io love to look at the hard body Latinas but that isn't what I'm going for and a matter of fact, I won't write or email the young drop dead hot women.I'm 38, and in great shape but I don't see a long future or them being a good wife even though some I'm sure can be.
I'm really looking at the 30 y/o attractive woman that I feel like is sincere from her pics and words in wanting to be a wife and raise a family not drink and dance all night long.
I guess what I'm saying that the look of the Latinas are typically more to my liking but there are plenty of Filipinas that are beautiful but I just get a better feel about sincerity of the Filipinas or Asian women over the Latinas. Maybe the odds of meeting a quality dedicated woman is higher??
As far as the Filipina assuming that you are her boyfriend when you visit her the 1st time, I think that's great. If our communication has been so good that we wanted to meet then I'd appreciate her dedication and commitment which is after all what we are looking for in a mate right?
I would much rather have her commited to me on my arrival based on our communication prior than to have her talking, meeting and boning a few guys while she is wanting/waiting for me to go meet her.
Sorry for any typos, I'm on my Blackberry.
I appreciate any info you have shared.

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 05:33:33 AM »
There are plenty of 5 foot 90 pound Latinas as well. Personally I like the "spinners".

Offline Capstone

• Spouse's Country: China
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 07:39:13 AM »
In my opinion the most important factor to consider is the culture of the countries that you are thinking about looking in for a wife. You would be better served researching the cultures of each of the countries that you are considering because no matter which one that you choose you will be stuck with that culture for life - there is no way around it. Most of the other factors that you have mentioned are mostly all short term considerations (looks fade in time, you will probably not make trips back to her home country as often after getting married, she can go to school and improve her education in the US, etc.) but her culture and way of life is something that you will have to live and deal with constantly for the rest of your life. If there are certain things that you really can not tolerate about a particular country's culture then you should cross it off your list and move on to the next country. Like I have said on here many times before, I love Chinese culture but I also know that it is definitely not for everyone either and there are better choices for some guys.

Offline Ray

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 07:51:22 AM »

In all honesty, who doesn't want a woman who looks like that? If all things being equal, I d take the prettier one.

I'll pass...

That's a mistake a lot of guys make...taking the best-looking one.   ;D

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 07:51:22 AM »

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 11:37:24 AM »
If all things being equal, I d take the prettier one.
The catch is, things are never equal.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 12:22:47 PM »
There are plenty of 5 foot 90 pound Latinas as well. Personally I like the "spinners".

Yea you can find anything when it comes to latinas. You can find, tall, slender, and with a nice rack (believe me you can  ;D). The generalization is latinas can get heavy and the asians are more likely to stay thin (obviously as Jeff mentioned) . While a generalization... if petite (5'0) and rail thin (85-90lbs) is a must have... you might prefer asia.

My girl just leads to much of an active lifestyle to get heavy. If you like latinas but you are worried about your future wife turning into a fatass... then pick an active woman. That same logic would make sense in whatever country around the world you are in.

You listed 3 possible countries to visit. What about Peru, Honduras, Nicaragua, Chile, Thailand, Vietnam, etc? Read about a country, the women, and its culture and just go with what clicks for you as you'll find beauty in any one of them.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline jm21-2

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 01:23:55 PM »
Being active doesn't have nearly as much to do with being thin as diet does. I'd look for a girl that eats healthily and watches her calories. Chances are the active girl will be less and less active as she gets older and may balloon during a pregnancy. And if you're really concerned, look for a girl who has been out in the workforce for several years...most people were much more fit in high school/college than they are a few years out.

Offline Ray

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 02:29:26 PM »

Being active doesn't have nearly as much to do with being thin as diet does. I'd look for a girl that eats healthily and watches her calories.

Not necessarily so. Probably the biggest factor is genetic/metabolism. A better test would be to take a look at her mama’s ass.

My wife NEVER pays any attention to calorie intake. Yes, she is active, but she also eats whatever she wants and can’t even reach 100lb if she tries. Like Robert’s wife, she can eat me under the table at the Chinese buffet anytime!   :D

A girl who is counting her calories does so for one reason…she has already been to fat-ass land and it’s in her genes (or is that jeans?). And it’s almost guaranteed that she will revert to fat-ass status sooner or later…

Ray

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 02:37:19 PM by Ray »

Offline Bear

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 05:38:02 PM »
Looks are what gets you interested but looks will change and if thats all that means anything then please don't get married.

I am here with my trophy wife (who BTW is quite proud to be called that because a trophy is something both earned and treasured) and I'm just so confused about some of the statements on looks.  It doesn't matter where I go I see pretty women (and ugly ones) but thats only the initial attraction.  I'm prejudice because I look at my wife and know beyond a shadow of a doubt there is no one more beautiful that her in all God's universes.  I could put a girl in a room with a million men and 1 % would think she's pretty, 1% would say she's ugly and the 98% wouldn't care much either way, but a woman who you see do things for you that comfort and care for you puts you behind the proverbial "rose colored glasses"  You can't see the faults.  The other day I was particularly dirty after mowing the grass and doing some chores and it was a long time that day before I could clean up.  I made a comment to my wife not to get too close because she'd probably decide to rum me off and get someone new because of my smell.  She got real close and honestly said she it wasn't too bad?! I could smell myself and was ready to puke!?  [Funny when I say this it reminds me of my grand ma who once told me that back when she was young one of the consierations of finding a mate was whether or not you could deal with their smell!!!] When you fall in love with someone you change (and so does she).  If looks is what's improtant then I think you chances of a successful marriage will start falling right after "I do" and you see her in her natural attitudes.

Also when I met my wife (after being married to a 300+ pound AW) all I would tell her, when she expressed concerns about what would happen when she grew old and fat, was to take care of herself - she didn't have to be a hardbodied teenager for me, and I'd be happy because my "ex" didn't.  Honey whines all the time because she weights 106# and I just smile cause she works hard to take care of herself.  She's not a hard bodied teenager anymore but she takes care of herself.  I'm happy.

Her religion was close enough to mine we could agree on many beliefs and her politics mirror mine.  The only problems we have are not whether or not we're compatible but health issues and non-immediate family issues. I think that means we have a much better chance of a successful marriage than if I'd married her for that teenage hard body she used to have.  

Now did the possibilities of an overweight wife come into my considerations?  Yes!  I know as many fat Latinas as AWs but I only know 1 fat Asian.

The Bear Family
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:22:31 PM by Bear »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 06:41:19 PM »
Being active doesn't have nearly as much to do with being thin as diet does. Chances are the active girl will be less and less active as she gets older and may balloon during a pregnancy.

Lots of factors sure. But growing up I ate whatever I wanted (plenty of unhealthy stuff surely) and never got fat. Of course our parents kicked us out the door with a football or basketball. When I look at my younger cousins they have a lot more fatass classmates than I had. It must be due to sitting around playing computer, video games, etc. Just flat out lack of activity on top of overeating/ poor diet.

If you do active things with your wife no problems. I contend that while diet matters and mom's ass matters (hehe).... being active is a huge plus. Seriously get a girl that kicks the soccer ball around the beach.

Personally speaking my girl's mom aint a lardo and her family is active. I take that as a great sign.

Offline jm21-2

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 07:40:04 PM »
Ray,

I think the mom's asses tell as much about household habits as they do about genetics. The friends I had growing up who were fat had families that ate like crap. I jsut do not buy the genetic argument (my best friend uses it all the time, then goes and chugs a 2 liter of coke and wonders why he can't lose weight).

And I think a lot of Chinese girls start calorie counting when they go from a size -3 to a size -2. Their "fat ass" XXXL is about our ideal weight.

Bcc,

Isn't the stereotypical nerdy guy thin? Seriously, I was a nerdy guy, and still am for the most part, although I was pretty active in the summer, and was almost unhealthily thin. The extra beer and fast food/prepared food now that I work pretty long hours is killing me right now though.

There was an article I read a while back about how hitting the gym can actually cause weight gain in people who are already overweight because they reward themselves for the exercise with foods that are unhealthy and worth more calories than what they burned.

I think if you stay away from pop, beer, mixed drinks, fast food, pre-made snacks, and prepared food, you can basically eat almost anything you want and be OK.

Being active does make for a much nicer bod on a girl though, for sure...but as they get older it's harder to find enough women to get together to play soccer, especially if she's working and/or raising kids, and if she moves up to your clime much of the year will be too cold to play soccer outside. Not saying your girl is going to get fat, but it just seems like a ton of girls who were hot stuff in college wind up pretty overweight by 30. Same for guys.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 07:43:27 PM »
but as they get older it's harder to find enough women to get together to play soccer, especially if she's working and/or raising kids, and if she moves up to your clime much of the year will be too cold to play soccer outside.

We got some indoor places here. I'll keep her membership up to date.  ;D  Plenty of amateur leagues an opportunities.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 07:59:40 PM »
If you do active things with your wife no problems..

would keeping her active in the bedroom count??? ;D ;D ;D ;)

ha ha
piglett

Offline Capstone

• Spouse's Country: China
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 07:49:33 AM »
I think the mom's asses tell as much about household habits as they do about genetics. The friends I had growing up who were fat had families that ate like crap. I jsut do not buy the genetic argument (my best friend uses it all the time, then goes and chugs a 2 liter of coke and wonders why he can't lose weight).

I think that genetics does play a large part in many people's weight - not in all cases of course but in some it definitely does (and more so in regards to staying thin than to say someone is genetically engineered to be a fat ass). My wife is 32 and eats twice as much as I do and is very slender and her Mom is the exact same way. And contrary to popular belief the normal Chinese diet does not consist of all healthy foods - in fact, when it comes down to it, the Chinese tend to eat a lot of greasy and/or fried crap.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 07:55:19 AM by Capstone »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 07:49:33 AM »

Offline jm21-2

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 08:48:24 AM »
I think that genetics does play a large part in many people's weight - not in all cases of course but in some it definitely does (and more so in regards to staying thin than to say someone is genetically engineered to be a fat ass). My wife is 32 and eats twice as much as I do and is very slender and her Mom is the exact same way. And contrary to popular belief the normal Chinese diet does not consist of all healthy foods - in fact, when it comes down to it, the Chinese tend to eat a lot of greasy and/or fried crap.

Yes, but compared to a bag of doritos and a 2 liter of coke it's pretty darn healthy....or a fast food meal. Now they have those of course but not quite as affordable as here. It's really those cheap, massive concentrations of calories that get us here in the US. I'm amazed how they even cram so many calories into that stuff. And then government subsidies to lower the costs.

Actually the diet in Qingdao was very healthy save for the beer. Lots of seafood and vegetables in very light sauces.

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2009, 10:38:25 AM »
Yes, but compared to a bag of doritos and a 2 liter of coke it's pretty darn healthy....or a fast food meal. Now they have those of course but not quite as affordable as here. It's really those cheap, massive concentrations of calories that get us here in the US. I'm amazed how they even cram so many calories into that stuff. And then government subsidies to lower the costs.

Actually the diet in Qingdao was very healthy save for the beer. Lots of seafood and vegetables in very light sauces.
I agree, except about the beer part.  In many countries, beer is still safer, and therefore healthier, to drink than the local water.  But on a general basis, Chinese (along with Koreans & Japanese, don't know about Filipinos) will prefer unsweetened tea (oolong, green, whatever), so drink less "empty" calories than North Americans.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878
Latest: Wileycauch
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864