Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 23, 2024, 04:09:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REAL LIFE REAL TIME CALI STORIES  (Read 26262 times)
Pete E
« on: September 24, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Ok guys, I decided a few days ago, after Ted correctly observed that lots of what was being said had nothing to do with latinas, we were just giving opinions on stuff like politics  something I do, and even worse in my mind playing gotcha if someone seemed to be doing something stupid instead of being helpful.
So, I think, lets get back to talking about Calenas.  I think the best way to do it is a series of posts  with real stories of how guys including myself have screwed up proceeding to some stories of how guys have done it right in my opinion.
I even stated a post on my ex girlfriend of a year ago, trying to explain why she was so hard to read, it was that she really was or was trying to be what she purported to be most of the time, but then there was a big part that did not fit, which eventually emerged to kill the deal.  I lost the post after 30 minutes, frustrated the hell out of me.  But, as Soltero has told me, do it first on word, then post.  You will never lose it plus you will have it there to use  as part of that book I think you need to write.  Thanks AMIGO, once again very good practical input.  And if someone who knows you well thinks you have a book in you, well, it makes you think, he MIGHT be right.  It’s ego inflating at least.
AND, I have a better idea of what to do right now. - STORIES IN PROGRESS – Things that are happening right now.  We don't know how it will turn out yet.  And we can ask questions mid-stream if we want, or more exciting, MAYBE WE CAN EVEN AFFECT THE OUTCOME if we come up with something useful.  REAL TIME BOY MEETS GIRL IN COLOMBIA.  SOUND INTERESTING?  If you say no, I have to do a HODA on you.  You are dead and stinking.
OK, the motivation.  Two guys show up here last night.  They will stay 10 days but one, my friend Charlie will do a side trip to Barranquilla for a few days to meet a woman in person he has been writing.  I posted about that and I thought it was probably a mittake to do,now IO do not.
OK, I have know Charlie about 5.5 years,  Ever since I first took my Calena ex back to San Jose and we started having get-togethers at my house every month or so with gringos, Colombiana wives, girlfriends, other friends, or anybody interested. Charlie’s story is unusual.  I will brief it with to me he is a guy for whom a high stress big $$ lifestyle did not work and did not make him happy so he has chosen what I will call an "under the radar" lifestyle that I think does make him happy.  But it is not as simple as with most of us.  I get on guys.  You can be here NEXT SATURDAY if you really wanted to.  Who me?  What about my job?  Hey, take a vacation, a leave of absence with out pay.  Quit, you could do that.  Money?  You probably waste more than you need to be here,  You don't have the money?  Borrow it.  You will get in debt?  Sell something.  In short, you don't HAVE TO wait..  Once you ADMIT that you might take a shorter term approach,  instead of waiting five years, or quitting next week, you might figure out how to be here in lets say, three months, IF you are SERIOUS.  If not, you are doing mind f- - ks.  The guy who lurks forever never gets his butt on a plane, always has a reason to not have what he wants now, and maybe dies never having lived his life.  LIFE IS NOW.  WE DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH TIME WE HAVE.  DON'T PUT OFF YOR HAPPINESS.
So Charlie, for whom it IS more difficult, lines up his ducks to get here.  Then he is thrilled.  We have been talking two weeks about him coming.  He is soaring,  It’s like somebody just let him out of jail, the self imposed jail of his chosen lifestyle, but a hard one to change.  Making it THAT MUCH MORE EXCITING to change, it seems Charlie is like a kid in a candy store and he hasn't even got to the candy store yet,  All he did was drive in from the airport in the rain last night and hang out  four hours with us last  night and he is thrilled to be here.  So, with that attitude, you think he will have a good time.  You better believe it.
He shows me the girl in Barranquilla on a web site.  They have been writing,  She writes a lot and is always anxious to hear from him.  She is very pretty and looks very sweet and sincere.  She is very anxious to meet him.  I changed my mind,  Go for it; it looks real good.  And I am a guy who knocks writing because I have seen a lot of disappointment after the meeting,  But I must admit a lot of success also.  Jimmy St Louis, I thought he was setting himself up for a fall.  Wrong!  They are thrilled with each other,  Seemingly happily married.  Congratulations Jimmy!  I have not posted much re you, because I am more Cali oriented, but I followed.  You did well guy.  Another friend of mine from San Jose, met a girl on the internet.  He came to Cali and met,  It worked, they  have been married five years.  They seem very happy.Charlie say ONCE you have DECIDED to come its OK to write,before that you are just jerking the girl around.A huge number o guys write and never come.In have heard stories of a girl getting mails from 100 guys and nobody ever coming here.Thats not an exclusive group.If she is even answering you she is probably new at it.
SO, I  think we will get some good Charlie stories.  He says I am so happy to just be here, even if nothing else happpens, How can he go wrong?
The other guy who came, Charlie’s friend, is even MORE interesting.  This just could be really AMAZING.  I will call him Ted.  I don't want to intrude to where he would be recognized, at least not without his permission.  He meets a girl last night that he had been mailing.  It looks real good.  It could be the one.  Just like that, it COULD be that simple.
Here’s a little of the story.  He has been here, several times before,  He just broke up with a girl from here.  He found the new girl on CALI VIP.  OK, I need to clear something re Cali VIP.  I have given Mike a bad time in the past, so I THINK  I should be allowed to say some good things without being called a shill.  Basically, I took someone else’s side of a story - a friend of  mine who had a dispute with Mike.  I do not know what the facts really are, but there are two sides to the story.  I took one, and gave Mike a bad time.
I did just what I criticize others for doing here.  I played gotcha with someone.  Any bad rumors, I spread them.  Negative story, I told it.  It really is not like me to do that, if you know me, but I did.  And of course Mike did not appreciate it and let me know he did not.  When my friend Jesse met him he liked him, and knowing me for years was
amazed we could fight over things.  It was so unlike me.  That perhaps was the beginning of me taking another look at my behavior.  When I heard Mike had found the woman he wanted to marry, exactly why he said he was doing this, I was truly happy for him, but didn't get around to apologizing and congratulating him until last week.  Mike was very gracious about it.  We will have lunch next week when he returns.  Only one objection Mike, the lunch is on me.  It’s always on you, and I am the one who owes you the lunch on this deal.
OK, I have said some good things on Cali Vip before.  Like I love the house,  I stayed there twenty-one days in 1999 and 2000.  And now Mike has fixed it up a lot.  He has added computers, refrigerators, and ac in every room.  So, at $100 a night, which was what I paid in 1999, it’s an even better deal.  AND, I thought that was good six years ago.  You need to remember some things on costs.  A hotel will charge you tax on the room rate.  I think you will pay 12%.  I think you will pay for laundry, phone calls, and probably get no or little food.  I tell people that when I merely rent them a room.  So, add to that the services of an agency, introductions, translations, and a good place to meet.  I loved it because if the girl was late or did not show I could be lying by the pool or working out in the gym.  I didn’t need to look at my watch in some office thinking, “Where is she?”  It's ust much more comfortable.    Even at my place agencies will send the girl over here to me guys.  Remember, you pay the taxi.  Be happy you didn't have to do the trip too.  Expect to pay 3,000 to 10,000 pesos EACH way depending on where she lives.  Don't be the cheap ass here.  They cannot afford to pay for a taxi.  OK, two other good things about Cali VIP.  My girl friend was very impressed with the on-line English lessons they provide for their girls.  As she was studying it, she kept saying, “Thank you Cali Vip.”
BUT, much more important, Ted, the guy I am telling you about, finds a girl on the Cali Vip exclusive gallery.  Now I am not a big write advocate, but if you are going to do that, it a REAL PLUS if you have seen 50 pictures of her.  At least you know what you are getting.  In this case the girl looks even better.  They are REALLY hitting it off,They both seem thrilled with each other.I am thinking it looks like there is a good chance here 2 people just found each other  It could be trhast simple.I hasve seen it before but not for awhile.It seems most guy around here are not looking for a wife anymore,but mybe just to play. She just showed up here this morning with the cutest little girl.  IT COULD BE that simple.
OK, I need to cook breakfast.  I am it on the weekends.
This is fun.  Reminds me how exited I was the first time I came here
I weill keep you posted on both of these guys,because I am exciterd for trhem.ASnd we can use somne good news.Sometimes we just don’t haerv the outcome.Guys quit posting after  they find the right woman.

Pete

oakham
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to REAL LIFE REAL TIME CALI STORIES, posted by Pete E on Sep 24, 2005

hey fellow searcher you sound terrific....the "right woman" ...ok man you got our attention.....by the way how are you and your calena doing?   i hear you're back with lupe?...give us the full story don't skip any delicious nuggets....best of luck to you maestro....
Seeker
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to REAL LIFE REAL TIME CALI STORIES, posted by Pete E on Sep 24, 2005

Thanks Pete for attempting to steer the ship in the right direction. All of the bickering and B.S. surrounding politics, "playing gotcha", etc. on this forum is discouraging and alienating, IMHO. I have a fascinating "Story in Progress" that I would like to be sharing with this forum, but sometimes feel like I have nothing to gain from a forum that often illicits criticism and ridicule. Anyways, your Captain's call has inspired me and I'll hopefully have my personal "Real Story" on the forum shelves soon, for all to enjoy. I'm willing to follow your lead and encourage others to do the same.
Calipro
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: REAL LIFE REAL TIME CALI STORIES, posted by Seeker on Sep 25, 2005

S,
I followed your story about the Medellin Girl.It sounds good to me.Sorry I did't respond much before but I followed the story,I am happy for you,hope its still goin well.I should have given you congratualations at the time after all your support of me,I was preoccupied.

Pete

Pete E
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: REAL LIFE REAL TIME CALI STORIES, posted by Calipro on Sep 25, 2005

He logged in on my computer,I guess I was in guest,not my
account,so it showed ass him.

Pete

OkieMan
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Not  from Casi pro, posted by Pete E on Sep 25, 2005

Pete,

So, Calipro is staying at your place right now?  How is that going?

Pete E
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Not  from Casi pro, posted by OkieMan on Sep 25, 2005

No,he bought an apartment.He used the computer sometime past,I guess I was in guest not my account so it posted as him,his cookie was logged in I guess.

Pete

OkieMan
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: REAL LIFE REAL TIME CALI STORIES, posted by Seeker on Sep 25, 2005

Seeker,

Please share your story.  I get criticized here too sometimes, and I know I still have a lot more to learn.  But, Pete is right.  We need to get back to the "basics".  If so, then I think we will all benefit.  So, please share your story.  Take care.

OkieMan

JimmySTLOUIS
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Thanks for the kind words.

I did real well but writing and chatting so much before meeting my wife but that method does have its risks.

My wife is working now everyday and her english only gets better. Life is good.

believe it or not we are actually working on our suitcases for Peru at Christmas!

TE AMO PERU!!!!!!!!!

jim

Pete E
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: REAL LIFE REAL TIME CALI STORIES, posted by JimmySTLOUIS on Sep 25, 2005

Jimmy,
Good for you.Writing can work,as a starter.Plus From You and Red Clay I have a very high opinion of women from Peru.

Pete

Red Clay
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: REAL LIFE REAL TIME CALI STORIES, posted by Pete E on Sep 25, 2005

Thanks Pete.

My wife and I had the pleasure of finally meeting Jimmy and his wife Labor Day weekend. It's always fun to meet other "MOB" couples to compare stories. We saw a video of their wedding in Peru, a KILLER ceremony on the beach with full catering, live band, etc., for only a couple thousand dollars if I remember right. Price even included a bunch of hotel rooms (14 was it?) for the night!

Thanks for the hospitality, Jim. We had a great time!

OkieMan
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Pete,

Thanks for sharing.  I wish those men the best. I just hope that both the men and the ladies are straight up with each other.  Even if it doesn't work out with those particular women, at least they will have had a shot at it, and then move on to someone else.  What I hated about my deal is I thought the girl was being straight with me-- but she wasn't!!   So, next time, I will just be more careful.  Maybe the next one won't lie to me.

OkieMan

Kiltboy1
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: REAL LIFE REAL TIME CALI STORIES, posted by OkieMan on Sep 24, 2005

Pete is correct
YOU DO NOT GET IT OKIE !

All these woman lie to some extent  be it just not wanting a confrontation. There is no logic in there thinking as we are all taught to believe in. They are not like AW in there thought patterns and being STRAIT UP  is something there are TAUGHT BY THERE MOTHERS, not to do, never give away your angle in latin life or it might get you killed, or screwed. YOU NEED TO FORGET WESTERN LOGIC HERE OKIE AND GO WITH PLAYER LOGIC, THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THEM

OkieMan
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: REAL LIFE REAL TIME CALI STORIES, posted by Kiltboy1 on Sep 25, 2005

Kiltboy 1,

So, based on what you are saying there is not way in hell that a woman is going to tell me straight out, so I might as well forget it?  Well, isn't that comforting!!  It's like I've gone from fat into the fire!  I thought we were supposed to be sick of the head games the AW were playing. So, what is this now, I have to start acting like a Colombian jerk-- the one she is supposed to be sick of?  I know I have a lot to learn, but I will not ever play those games.  I'll quit going to latina land first!!  However, something tells me that there is some "middle ground" that I can find, and still better understand the latina.  Utimately, we have to make our own way, so that's what I will do.  But, to wind this up, I am not so convinced that at the end of the day, these latinas are really that fed up with "Hector".  Who knows, maybe they like getting treated like crap?  I certainly don't claim to know.

OkieMan

utopiacowboy
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: REAL LIFE REAL TIME CALI STO..., posted by OkieMan on Sep 25, 2005

Nice guys will always complain that chicks often go for bad boys but there's one thing about bad boys. They usually know what they want and go after it. That kid of assertiveness is appealing to a woman and you don't have to be a convicted felon to have it.

Also some of the Latinas are logical and straight-up. My wife is a chemical engineer and she thinks like a man. Any issue is simply a problem to be solved so let's solve it and get on with it is her attitude.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: