It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: I'm totally amazed  (Read 62731 times)

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: I'm totally amazed
« Reply #375 on: January 23, 2011, 10:31:18 AM »

Call it crap as you wish, but to some its a very useful tool. You simply have to control it.Bill

well maybe that's it, i have just never heard anything but "this person is talking sh*t about me on FB"
i thought FB was a chick thing, really that's what i thought
i still don't think i want to sign up though
but if it's working 4 you then hey rock on  :D

pig
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #376 on: January 23, 2011, 01:15:41 PM »
I had dinner with Robert and his beautiful wife last night at another Filipina's home here in Savannah. I showed the pictures of Cris to those present and five out of five Filipinas, experts in my opinion, say ladyboy. They say the biggest give away is that the face is too perfect. They say it's a face that only a plastic surgeon could create. I wonder who paid for that.

I also had offers of introductions to, I think 4 sisters still living in the Philippines. It may have only been three but it could have been five as well. :)

Bill
"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #377 on: January 23, 2011, 02:18:11 PM »
I had dinner with Robert and his beautiful wife last night at another Filipina's home here in Savannah.

Hey Pig, now we know why Robert was not posting!  :D

Zulu

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #377 on: January 23, 2011, 02:18:11 PM »

Offline william3rd

« Reply #378 on: January 23, 2011, 02:35:41 PM »
the face is too perfect. They say it's a face that only a plastic surgeon could create. I wonder who paid for that.

In Thailand, it would be paid from the service fees paid by all of the dumbazz farang who thought it was a woman. . . .
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #379 on: January 23, 2011, 02:46:10 PM »
In Thailand, it would be paid from the service fees paid by all of the dumbazz farang who thought it was a woman. . . .

W3,

OUCH!!  THAT HURT!!!

You Ray's distant cousin!   ;D

Zulu

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #380 on: January 23, 2011, 03:00:39 PM »
I prefer brutal and blunt truth over candy coated nothing.

Bill
"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #381 on: January 23, 2011, 04:10:13 PM »
Re:

>>Quote from: Bill_McC on Today at 03:15:41 PM
I had dinner with Robert and his beautiful wife last night at another Filipina's home here in Savannah.

Hey Pig, now we know why Robert was not posting!  

Zulu

Well lads, when it involves a personal friend, it's hard to be objective and even surprisingly hard to step in and say 'Oh no you don't'--to tell him that another person's /persons unclearly expressed 'suspicion'(suspicion' really doesn't describe something never articulated ) is correct, not when you respect that somebody and aren't pretty damn sure that some undescribed hunch that you're not even clear on should be given credence, especially after he's invested time, emotion and other capitol.

I am a little irked that these Filipinas that Bill and I know here in the USA, not even my wife, ever came straight out with their suspicions, suspicions they were afraid to 'go public on' based just one not so great photo, as seen on a telephone.

But if you know a good Filipina, you might not be surprised. These women all like Bill, to the point where they wouldn't hesitate to introduce them to a sister, (heck, one recently divorced Filipina has unrequited designs on him, lol) but they weren't going to mess with a relationship he was in, in order to do so.

Think of how bad they or I or maybe even you, would've looked/felt if they were wrong and had derailed the whole thing, all for naught? Most guys would just listen, then brush the naysayer hens off anyway and continue pursuit.

Their comment in English was 'Hello Doctor' and as they mentioned that she looked very intelligent, I assumed that's what they meant--that she looked as intelligent as a doctor. What they said in Visayan, I have no idea. They didn't want to let off, lest they were wrong, so they kept too much in reserve, looking back.

What 'Hello Doctor' actually meant (as 6 or 8 people are having a lively dinner) I later found out, was 'Looks like she's had some plastic surgery'.

As for the aftermath, I wish we all had handled it better, here on P-L as well as on the home front here, but again, sometimes you have to stay out of the fray. Maybe if Ray lived here, it'd be different. I think he could smell a rat at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, from the top most observation platform.

To be totally honest, I was completely surprised at how things turned out and I can't say that the ladies knew any where near 100% that he was a she--I think not. If they came out and told me "I/we have no doubt" I'd have stepped in, but Bill's no dummy, he's earned too much respect hereabouts to be treated otherwise and I wasn't going to possibly ruin something on mere hunches, barely even whispers. None of the ladies ever told me they thought 'he' was a 'she'.

No, it's not like Bill's 'The Emperor who had no Clothes"--Then and now, he's approached the people he's met in a logical way, with eyes wide open, listening and learning, as he asked intelligent questions. If he can get screwed over, just about anyone can, I figure. Don't put yourself in some category to think "Oh I could never get fooled". Fate has a way of bitch slapping folks like that.

We all know now that he shouldn't have sent a chunk of money w/o going there and the guy has shared this in spades, trying to prevent other guys from getting burned. That takes guts. At least it would have not cost him anymore to go over there in person and look under her dress--same end game result.  

He already had plans in motion to go to the RP, figuring she had a snowball's chance in hell at getting a tourist visa, but this Filipino produced very convincing forged documents on cam. My wife told me afterwards that it's not too hard to get forged, counterfeit or even illegal, but yet govt. made documents in the RP, if you have the money. It seems like money can buy anything in the Philippines sometimes.

Again, if we knew what we know now then, I'd have acted differently, but one partial body picture of someone without any makeup on wasn't enough to make a call on. When we saw other pictures and pieces of the puzzle, it all became clearer. Yea, hindsight is almost always 20-20, although some insane people do repeat the same thing over and over, expecting different results. But not in this case!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:22:12 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #382 on: January 23, 2011, 04:19:10 PM »
Quote from: robert angel link=topic=5879.msg74488#msg74488
As for the aftermath, I wish we all had handled it better, here on P-L as well as on the home front here, but again, sometimes you have to stay out of the fray. Maybe if Ray lived here, it'd be different. I think he could smell a rat at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, from the top most observation platform.

Ray could smell the rat, count the hairs on the rats' ass, tell when the rat last took a dump then nail the sucker between the eyes with his bullshyt calibrated Smith & Wesson!  (American made model of course!)  ;D

Zulu

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #383 on: January 23, 2011, 04:32:22 PM »
We all know now that he shouldn't have sent a chunk of money w/o going there and the guy has shared this in spades, trying to prevent other guys from getting burned. That takes guts. At least it would have not cost him anymore to go over there in person and look under her dress--same end game result.  

Rob,

But goosh dammitt!! He's in the freakin Philippines!!

Once he did his plumbing check of Chris and got a hankering of the thick pipe he/she/it was hauling around, he's got freakin arm candy ALL OVER THE JOINT!!!!!  He can spend the next week or so making moves on some hot pinays up close and personal!!!

So.....

He screwed up, nice sugar coating for a stand up guy with balls of steel that we all respect, but.... Bill ignored the red flags and got bushwacked (no pun intended), plain and simple.

Nothing to be ashamed of.....but...... VERY avoidable if you are a P-L member!

Even if this dude/babe Cris(topher) ;D was totally honest about everything, there is no way any sane guy should send a few kilobucks through western union!!!  Dumb move no matter how you look at it!! 

Emotions making all the decisions and he got taken!!

Come on Rob!!

We still love ya Bill!!  ;D

Zulu

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #384 on: January 23, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »
Yea--I have to give the "Perry Mason, Old Ironsides" award to Ray. To ferret out that the date on a USA document was actually issued on a Philippine national Holiday, and realize that the issuing USA authority in the RP was closed as such, was really something.

Wasn't someone else in on that scoop too? Too many past posts to go back on, I don't know if other than "Tribute to Pete' on Latin Forums, if this thread's gotten the most reads on P-L. I think it might have the record for the most replies, but I'm not sure....

If it's helped one in a hundred guys, it's worth it.

Yea--Ray gets the 'Old Ironsides award' all right--like the Civil War era battle ships, "The Navy guy" let off one helluva of a broad side there. It was definitely one of those 'read it and weep moments'.

You should have heard me yell 'sonofabitch!!!' when I read that one!

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #385 on: January 23, 2011, 04:56:25 PM »
Rob,

W3 and myself caught whiff of the scam from day 1 of this thread!

I was dropping hints with my every post, but I think it was pissing Bill off to no end!!  W3 posted some hints also, but without all of the fact we were both just pissing in the wind!

I posted an apology after the news broke, not for his screw up, that's on him, but for not having the balls to speak my mind when it counted!!

As Pig so eloquently put it, No one wanted to be a DICK!

Would it have made a difference? 

Probably not, but at least he would have had a heads up!

Zulu

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #386 on: January 23, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »
Robert, I was chatting with my wife earlier. She was in her sister's cafe.
There is a gay guy (Joyce) who frequent the cafe & was there at the time (where my wife sits, I can see the entire cafe). I told her to tell the Joyce to come over, I want to ask him something. 

I showed Joyce the picture that Ray posted on page 22 & ask him if he knew that person, he said no but have seen that person a few times before in Malate - I later found out through my wife that Joyce is a singer in a gay bar in Malate. Joyce also said that "Cris" is wearing to much make up.
I did not go in any details about the situation with "Cris" with them.

If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2011, 05:15:07 PM »
Yea,

Almost anybody would love to have a look around as a 'Plan B', but Bill isn't the kind to go over there to spend a couple of weeks, trying to scoop up random 'eye candy'--he doesn't strike me as a 'mall troller'. Sure it'd be nice to have a 'look see' with that money, seeing how it was spent and unrefundable, but it'd be with, to put it mildly, 'a bittersweet taste', after finding out the bad news and plus, when you're in a choice position, new in a big company and doing big things,then  having two weeks vacation basically fall to pieces, leaving you with maybe a year to recoup, it doesn't sound too great to me....

Re:

>>But goosh dammitt!! He's in the freakin Philippines!!

Once he did his plumbing check of Chris and got a hankering of the thick pipe he/she/it was hauling around, he's got freakin arm candy ALL OVER THE JOINT!!!!!  He can spend the next week or so making moves on some hot pinays up close and personal!!!

So.....

He screwed up, nice sugar coating for a stand up guy with balls of steel that we all respect, but.... Bill ignored the red flags and got bushwacked (no pun intended), plain and simple.

Nothing to be ashamed of.....but...... VERY avoidable if you are a P-L member!

Even if this dude/babe Cris(topher)  was totally honest about everything, there is no way any sane guy should send a few kilobucks through western union!!!  Dumb move no matter how you look at it!!  

Emotions making all the decisions and he got taken!!<<

Zulu---You seem to be driving pretty good, driving from the backseat up there and looking down, reiterating stuff that's already been doled out dozens of times. In otherwords, I think the points you're trying to make have been made repeatedly--let's add something new and helpful for the readership or otherwise let it go. It's starting to get sophomoronic. ;)

How many times have you actually been to the Philippines anyways, obi wan?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2011, 05:15:07 PM »

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2011, 05:16:39 PM »
Rob,
I posted an apology after the news broke, not for his screw up, that's on him, but for not having the balls to speak my mind when it counted!!
Zulu

No one owes anyone any apologies period. You all did what you could short of grabbing me by the throat and holding me down.

Lessons learned:
1) Never ever let your guard down until you have met in person and you know beyond any shadow of a doubt that this woman is true and not playing you. Even 8 months isn't long enough.

2) Any and I mean any inconsistency is a flag period. No matter what the explanation, it is a flag. Get your shields up at full power and charge the phasers.

3) Listen to the old pros on here even when it's pissing you off and you don't want to hear it. That's why we're here in the first place.

4) Documents can be forged and if you haven't met in person, you can't believe them unless you have them in your hands. Even then if you don't know what you're looking at they could still be forged.

5) An Itinerary is NOT a ticket. Its an itinerary and nothing more.

6) Never ever send money for any reason to someone that you haven't met even is its a measly $50.00 for internet time. If she can't afford it then find someone that can.

Again no one owes me any apologies. I walked into this and did a total face plant. You all tried to stop me so you did what you could and I thank all of you.

Bill
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:23:05 PM by Bill_McC »

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #389 on: January 23, 2011, 05:38:09 PM »
Rob,

I was trying to lighten things up, no one is ball busting Bill, least of all me.

I've never been to the Philippines.  I've been to Taipei and Ho Chi Mhin City (Saigon).  My best friend, who lives in Tokyo, was in Manila two weeks ago, he dates a pinay and visits her family there.  I have 2 cousins married to a Pinays, the third one is dead now, a fourth is married to a Thai, his first wife was pinay.   I've dated a Korean, Chinese (Taiwan), Cambodian and Viet, so I got a bit of experience.

Rob, to get more serious, my point was, regardless of the results of a plumbing check and subsequent heartbreak, with cris(topher), Bill would have had a great time in the Philippines, that was the gist of my post.

Zulu

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #390 on: January 23, 2011, 05:43:58 PM »
No one owes anyone any apologies period. You all did what you could short of grabbing me by the throat and holding me down.

Lessons learned:
1) Never ever let your guard down until you have met in person and you know beyond any shadow of a doubt that this woman is true and not playing you. Even 8 months isn't long enough.

2) Any and I mean any inconsistency is a flag period. No matter what the explanation, it is a flag. Get your shields up at full power and charge the phasers.

3) Listen to the old pros on here even when it's pissing you off and you don't want to hear it. That's why we're here in the first place.

4) Documents can be forged and if you haven't met in person, you can't believe them unless you have them in your hands. Even then if you don't know what you're looking at they could still be forged.

5) An Itinerary is NOT a ticket. Its an itinerary and nothing more.

6) Never ever send money for any reason to someone that you haven't met even is its a measly $50.00 for internet time. If she can't afford it then find someone that can.

Again no one owes me any apologies. I walked into this and did a total face plant. You all tried to stop me so you did what you could and I thank all of you.

Bill

Bill,

7) Ask whether the potential babe was born with equipment!    :D

Zulu

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #391 on: January 24, 2011, 06:24:09 AM »

Yea--I have to give the "Perry Mason, Old Ironsides" award to Ray. To ferret out that the date on a USA document was actually issued on a Philippine national Holiday, and realize that the issuing USA authority in the RP was closed as such, was really something.

Uh, that credit goes to Capstone, not I.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #392 on: January 24, 2011, 06:34:19 AM »
Aye and a nod to "The Cap."!

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #393 on: January 24, 2011, 06:51:37 AM »

As Pig so eloquently put it, No one wanted to be a DICK!

Would it have made a difference? 

Probably not, but at least he would have had a heads up!

Zulu

Baloney!

Nobody has to be a “dick” and it is not the responsibility of the members here to save everyone from himself. That isn’t my job and it isn’t yours either.

One wouldn’t even have to read the posts here or ask questions of the members to have had the necessary knowledge to avoid this whole scam. By clicking on “Avoiding Scams” in the Information Section at the left of your screen, you could have read useful and important info like “A good rule of thumb for avoiding scams is to not send money” and this…

She offers to come visit you

But of course, she needs money for a visa, airline ticket, etc. In many of these countries, very few ladies can qualify for a tourist visa. Perhaps some are naive enough to believe they can get one, but more likely they simply want the cash.

I don’t think Dan put this stuff up there for his health…

Ray

Offline Dave H

« Reply #394 on: January 24, 2011, 08:22:26 AM »
kfc,

This was a few years back, but the last time I checked, home Interent access over there was somewhere around $35/month and that's with a limited number of minutes/month.

Is that still the case from your knowlege?

Dave H?

Ray

Hey Ray,

I pay Php 899 ($20) per month for Bayan DSL (unlimited). Other companies now are offering similar prices.

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline Dave H

« Reply #395 on: January 24, 2011, 09:00:05 AM »
I have a neighbor who is a ladyboy...I suppose very convincing on the Internet. An Australian came to visit him several years ago. He was worried about the visit. Eventually he formulated a plan. He went to the airport dressed like a man (being his biological self), and brought along a pretty 18 year old niece. He told the Australian that his "sister" was very sorry, but had decided to marry another foreigner whom she had known for some time and was now in Manila. One look at the younger, cuter, 18 year old niece and the Australian never looked back. They married before he returned home. He bought a lot and built her a house. The niece eventually immigrated to Australia. Her "aunt" (ladyboy) now lives in her house in the Philippines.  ;D And they all lived happily after ever... Honest, I couldn't make stuff like this up!

Offline Dave H

« Reply #396 on: January 24, 2011, 09:05:32 AM »

If she is too beautiful to be true...she may be a ladyboy! Better to go with Ray's advice and drop down a bit from a 9 or 10!!!

Dave

That’s exactly right Dave.

Or when a Filipina is overdressed and wears too much makeup, better take a closer look…

Ray

We may have to make this Rule #2, right after Rule # 1 "NEVER SEND MONEY!"

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #397 on: January 24, 2011, 10:20:54 AM »
Once he did his plumbing check of Chris and got a hankering of the thick pipe he/she/it was hauling around,
Ew.  I mean, I'd rather pay the 2 grand to NOT have to do a plumbing check on a ladyboy.  EWWWW!

...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #397 on: January 24, 2011, 10:20:54 AM »

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #398 on: January 24, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »
Hey Ray,

I pay Php 899 ($20) per month for Bayan DSL (unlimited). Other companies now are offering similar prices.

Dave
What my wife pay is for both DSL (unlimited ) and ground line, she also said something about tv.....not sure that is.
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline Dave H

« Reply #399 on: January 24, 2011, 10:45:16 AM »
What my wife pay is for both DSL (unlimited ) and ground line, she also said something about tv.....not sure that is.

Hey thekfc,

I pay another Php 300 for my land line.

Dave

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878
Latest: Wileycauch
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0