It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.  (Read 20373 times)

Offline BigBlock502

Hello all, I just got this online notification from USCIS so I dont know yet what information they might want. Is it typical for them to send this kind of notice requestining more info? I sent these people my initial paperwork around January 27th or so... is it weird so much time has passed and now they are wanting more info???? thanks guys...

Mike...

On May 10, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

Offline william3rd

You have to understand that when your file arrives, it is placed in a big box with all of the other files. Cases are usually processed in date order unless pulled out for training or mistake.

We used to see about 3% of our cases get RFEs (Requests For Evidence). The reasons for RFE are generally a) they do not have enough evidence from your filing to clearly approve the petition- clarity, etc. b) there is a conflict between the documents-ex-DOBs c) there has been a rule or procedure change that requires that you send something else, d) you forgot to send something, or e) they lost something.

If they lost something, your cover letter dont mean squat because you will have to replace it anyway.

The good news is- they have reached your case and have reviewed it. But for the RFE, your case would have been approved.  After you respond to the RFE, your approval should be forthcoming shortly after they receive your response.
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline BigBlock502

Thank William, you lifted my spirts a little,,, I called my friend who also married a Vietnamese girl and he told me he did not get a RFE so I was like huh?... well if they sent it out on the 10th it should be here shortly hopefully its something simple...

Mike...

Planet-Love.com

Offline flipflop

This is the part where your petition is delayed while you ask that skank miller muro from the TJC and her accomplice and high priestess of pain maria cantrell for permission to get a visa for your fiance/wife.

IMBRA: Time To End Feminist Destruction Of Marriage and Free Speech
By Guest: David R. Usher on (Feb 14, 07)

Feminists’ success destroying marriage in America, and exporting it to many foreign nations via the United Nations under the guise of “Democracy” is now legendary.  Feminist victim-politics—in which demands for “equal rights” mask powerful agenda mandating unequal wrongs—must be ended.

A substantial number of moderate and conservative women’s organizations now oppose the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).  Not only did the outgoing Congress ignore the will of the people in reauthorizing VAWA last year, it added a dangerous anti-marriage known as IMBRA – the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act – a new and alarming legal construct to arbitrarily interfere with our constitutional right to free association.

IMBRA is a brute blockade making it impossible for foreign women to meet American men for marriage.  American men must provide hardcopy about their criminal, family court orders, and arrest records to marriage introduction services, which must then show it to the woman and get her signature, before sharing contact information.

Since few foreign women are within visiting distance of the introduction service, and where less than half have access to the internet, they are effectively denied the possibility of marrying-up in the world.  American men cannot freely meet or marry a nice woman who truly understands the value of marriage, and does not see men as just another sexual conquest leading to alimony and a huge child support order.

Feminists abhor American men having a way to find a marriage partner worth taking a risk on.  Most American men who look overseas for marriage do so because in many foreign countries, women truly understand the purpose and value of marriage and having a husband.  These women were not raised into a cult believing marriage is a war for domination and submission.  They do not see marriage as being a trap hindering post-Kinsey sexual freedoms such as single-mother stripping and looting of Duke University students, or prostitution so staunchly defended by the National Organization for Women.

Having spent some time working in Korea, China, and Singapore I can testify to the vast attitudinal differences towards marriage between foreign women in these countries and their brainwashed American counterparts.

The first tip-off that IMBRA is a feminist social cartel:  IMBRA does not provide information to American women because matchmaking services with more than 50% of female American clients are exempt.

IMBRA was invented by feminists on the fabrication that violent abusive American men like to wed foreign women because they are easier to abuse for lack of social protections and supports. Never mind that, as part of the immigration process, all potential foreign brides receive a nice pile of contact information for embassies, hotlines and women’s abuse centers which also contains embedded agitprop about how nasty American men are.

There is not one whit of scientific evidence suggesting that foreign brides are abused to any notable degree.  Feminists have a very small number of cases cited as mass gospel, inflated by hubristic rumor-mill anecdote to paint an image tantamount to Edvard Munch’s “The Shriek”.

Here is the truth of the matter: the only scientific study done on marriages involving foreign brides was published by the Immigration and Naturalization Service in 1999, written by Dr. Robert Scholes.  It found that between 4000 and 6000 international marriages occur as a result of international matchmaking agencies each year.  Divorce rates are miniscule: 80% of these marriages “survive over the years”, compared to less than 50% of marriages with American women. Despite a lack of scientific evidence of abuse rates in these marriages, the report is laden with imaginary feminist pontifications.

Feminists also claim that international matchmaking somehow constitutes sex trafficking, despite the fact that there is no evidence that organized sex traffickers use these services.  Feminists consider all marriages with foreign women to be “servile” sex trafficking and inherently abusive and provide no science to support the notion:

“Bringing a woman to the U.S. is not always considered to be sex trafficking.  Some of the men treat their wives well and are looking for companionship, not just a housekeeper who provides sex”.

One major promoter of IMBRA is the Tahirih Justice Center.  Tahirih receives federal VAWA grants, spending some of it on helping abused women, but apparently spending greatly on paid lobbyists and “Public Policy Advocacy” not itemized in its annual report.  This is the traditional alarmist self-aggrandizing fundraising technique used by radical women’s advocates.

Where the Constitution guarantees the right of free association, and where Newt Gingrich and many others oppose speech censorship in the name of national security, I maintain that IMBRA is invalid.  American men do have an unfettered right to “say hello” (which is exactly what International matchmaking services do).

The danger of IMBRA to free speech cannot be understated.  If IMBRA stands court tests, virtually any speech can be blocked on the internet for any manufactured reason whatsoever.  Speak now, before the liberal elite holds your speech for you.

David R. Usher is Senior Policy Analyst for the True Equality Network and President of the American Coalition for Fathers and Children, Missouri Coalition

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
William's explanation of the RFE is about the best I've seen.

Good reply William!  :)

Offline william3rd

I appreciate the compliment :)

Offline BigBlock502

For an update, I got the letter about a week ago and all they wanted was for me to also fill out the G-325a form as she did over there. For some reason I didn't think I needed to fill one of those out. But out of all the boxes for on the REF they could have checked that is the only one... Yes I'm happy, I really hope this is almost the end of it but I know it must still go over there and Vietnam needs to schedule her an interview. I've been doing good I think, I have almost hand written her a letter every single day and have records of phone conversation I've already sent her and shes received, I copied almost 500 pages of conversation we have exchanged over the internet and have also sent that to her and shes has received. She will take all this and about 100 photographs of us together to her interview... I think were in good shape... And another big thank you to all those here that have provided me with information along the way. :)

Any guesses on how much longer???? ha ha...

Mike... 

Offline Bear

My wife who was one of the 1st to get a K-3 visa received a RFE.  It was for a copy of my divorce decree which I had taken with me to her St Luke's Hospital examination and tried to give to them there but it was refused as unnecessary.  I called my congressman and b!thced and then I called the embassy and did the same.  They allowed Honey to fax it to them but Honey didn't call and confirm the fax and they claimed they never received it.  So I b!thced again and they allowed her to fax it one more time.  She got her Visa 10 days later. 

Since then they have stopped allowing the info to be faxed so I am not sure what the procedure will be now.

I'd say your 30 days from being reunited with your girl.

The Bear Family.

Offline william3rd

You got an RFE from the service center asking for your G325. OK. That means they are working on your case. You are probably 30 days from approval of the petition after you submit the G325, assuming the H1B stuff doesnt get in the way.

Then on to the NVC and finally on to HCM. Figure 90 days to interview. Maybe a little more.

Offline BigBlock502

An update, Heres what they have sent back to me.... 60 days or less..... I really hope Vietnam can provide us with a quick interview, I would love for her to get here while we have some warm weather left. I live in Idaho and our winters can seem to last forever. But heres what they have sent me...

Mike

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On May 31, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 12:46:42 PM by BigBlock502 »

Offline william3rd

The approval will come pretty fast. Then off to NVC. I wouldnt be planning on anything quick in DOS these days. Lots of A/R going on.

At least you will be out of USCIS soon.

Offline BigBlock502

Could you elaborate on your abbreviations? I don't know what those are, thanks!

Mike...

Offline william3rd

Sure-

National Visa Center

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Administrative Review

Planet-Love.com

Offline BigBlock502

DOS?

Offline Ray

DOS = Department of State (overseas embassy)

Offline BigBlock502

WOO HOO!!!!! This was quick! excited yes! heres what they have sent me.

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 1, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this
I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice.
If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

Offline william3rd

At least you are out of the service center now. I like seeing forward progress.

Offline Ray

Congratulations on clearing the first hurdle Mike!

Your petition should be out of the NVC within a week or two at the most and then on to Ho Chi Mihn City Saigon...

Offline BigBlock502

How does this next part work? will the VN embassy send her a letter requesting she appear for an interview, or is it a phone call. I have another friend who went through this and he said all they had was 7 hand written letters and they were approved. My future wife must have at least 100 from me by now. 500 pages of internet conversation, over 100 pictures of us together, a phone bill statement showing I have called her about 10 times, copys of reciets of the things I bought for her and her family when I was there including our rings, copys of my plane tickets. I guess I just dont know what the interview in Vietnam is all about, what are they looking for at this point???

Mike...

Offline Ray

They will send her an instruction packet by mail (after 2 months?). The interview will be scheduled about (3 months?) after she sends in her response. See info here:

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/kv_visas.html

For the interview, they will be looking for any sign of visa fraud. She will need to show that your relationship is genuine. There are people who use the fiancée visa process not for a legitimate marriage, but only to facilitate the entry of a foreign national into the U.S. The girl’s family will sometimes pay a U.S. citizen to petition her and this is one of the things they are looking for.

She should expect some questions about you and your personal life. The more knowledgeable she is the better. They might ask about how and when you met, how many times and for how long you have visited, where you work, the names of your brothers/sisters/parents/pets, your ex-wife if applicable, etc…

It sounds like she has good evidence. Have her screen the letters and messages for anything incriminating. Mushy love letters are good. Letters/cards from any of your family are also good to have. She can pick out 10-12 letters and a like number of e-mails for submission and bring the rest as backup if they want to see more. Try to have letters in original envelopes with postmarks and try to cover a sample of the entire time since you first started corresponding. She can put a couple dozen photos in a small scrapbook with other receipts and misc. evidence so it's easy to scan quickly. Again, have the rest with her as a back up if needed.

They will also look closely at your financial status based on your I-134 affidavit and your tax/employment records in order to insure that you can support a wife and family.

Make sure she has all her required documents and passport. The list is on the link I gave you. She will need a certified copy plus photocopy of your birth certificate, any divorce decrees (complete), and your I-134 affidavit with financial evidence.

Good luck and keep us updated…

Ray

Offline BigBlock502

I sent her a copy of my birth certificate but it was just a copy i made from my printer here at home, its not color, just black and white, is this going to be ok, besides that everything should be in order. I have sent her my W-2's for the past 3 years, ummmm, ya just the black and white copy of my birth certificate is all thats questionable right now at this point, ohhh and one more thing it says in 2 months they send her a packet and in 3 months she'll get an interview, now is this 3 months total or 5 months total waiting time.... if its 5 shes going to get just in time to make a snowball.... but at 3 we'll still have some great camping weather up here in the mountains, she wants to go fishing so bad because over there she says all there streams and rivers have been fished to death because of all the poor folks needing to eat, shes amazed when I tell her we can catch fish all day long here if we wanted to... fingers crossed on the total of 3 months...

Mike...

Offline Ray

For the birth certificate, the Web site states: "Birth Certificate of the petitioner (original and photocopy)"

Original means a certified copy with raised seal issued by your county or state where the birth is recorded. It shoud be the original of the copy you sent in with your petition.

It looks like they are saying at least 5 months from receipt of the petition to interview  :(

Offline BigBlock502

wanna go ice fishing? ha ha.. thanks Ray.... I've waited 1 year and 4 months, whats another 5 months....  Sigh....

Mike...

Planet-Love.com

Offline Ray

Hang in there Mike.

The time will fly by so quickly that you won't even notice the wait...  ;)

Offline BigBlock502

Recived letter today in mail saying on June 14th NVC approved visa and they had sent everything over to Ho Chi Minh City which would take a week, and then they will schedule her an interview. I went to the Ho Chi Minh site and their site says they have a waiting period right now of about 17 days to get an interview..... We are close!!!! I told her today and she was so excited.... I'll keep ya posted...

Mike...

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878
Latest: Wileycauch
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864