It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.  (Read 20376 times)

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Current Status
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2007, 04:25:05 AM »
Mike,

Of course their hours are Vietnam local time. Try calling late morning before lunch (their time), but keep trying.

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/general_information3.html

Ray

Offline BigBlock502

Re: Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2007, 02:17:06 PM »
Alrighty I got through to them yesterday. I got ahold of a lady, Vietnamese of course and I made her repeat to me 7 times "yes its ok if you mail it to us" then I asked if a fax is ok and she said yes to that as well but I felt like she was just telling me what ever I wanted to hear to get me off the phone... So today me and my friend Rick who also married a girl from over there are coming to my house today as we leave to go see some land we bought in texas blah blah blah anyway I am going to have her call the embassy on my phone and I want her to hear it for herself that yes it is ok to use use systems such as a mailing service so you dont have to make a 1000 mile trek to turn in papers... I have no idea why these 2 girls are under the assumption that they needed to hand deliver their papers but now this is planted into my futures wifes head so the only way to get this solved it to have Thuy hear it for herself and then I'm going to have her call my future wifes house and relay the message. I try my best to communicate with her but on the phone it is really hard to understand each other as its pretty static sounding being so far away. But I think today when My friends wife Thuy gets here everything should be cleared up and I'm even going to have her ask about faxing the papers as this would be ideal. The bad news is, is I asked what the current wait times are and they told me 3 months after they recieve the packet back..... Anyone reading this, and is wanting to go through the ropes of marrying a forign girl.. your in for one heck of a hurrry up and wait situation. Febuary will be 2 years since I opened communication with my girl. I didnt jump into things fast as I didnt want to make the flight over there till I was sure she was the one for me. I just dont understand the wait times, are these people interviewing a 100 people a day everyday? I dont know, why cant we make systems that flow a little better... I dont know.... but alrighty 3+ months and counting ha ha I dont even have furniture as I'm waiting for her to get here so we can buy it together... I better buy a more comfy lawn chair for my living room..... ha ha  thanks guys... we'll get there...   

Mike...

Offline BigBlock502

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2007, 12:44:37 PM »
We have an interview date! They (HCMC) emaild me this morning, October 16th she goes for her interview, she should have visa in hand on that day... our long long wait is almost over... I just went to the post office and mailed her our newest phone calling records. all other papers are in order... :):):)

Mike...

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2007, 12:44:37 PM »

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2007, 08:01:07 PM »
Well that's great, Michael. Best of luck in the interview and may you be happily reunited soon.

Offline Ray

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2007, 11:06:58 PM »

Great news Mike!

Was she able to fax the paperwork to the consulate? I was curious how that worked out...

Ray

Offline BigBlock502

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2007, 07:02:25 PM »
Couple more days!!!! Shes been in HCM since the 6th going through her medical test crap, I'm excited and scared all at the same time... Fingers crossed, no red tape, no red tape...

yes she was able to fax it, that was a crazy ordeal trying to explain to her what exactly that was...

Keep ya all posted...

Mike...

Offline Ray

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2007, 03:19:12 AM »

I'm excited and scared all at the same time... Fingers crossed, no red tape, no red tape...

I think I know exactly how you feel Mike.

We're all rooting for her...

Offline BigBlock502

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2007, 09:50:50 AM »
She had her Interview and we were denied,

1. They want proof of how I paid for my airline ticket, I did send this information. And explaind to them I cashed a 401K check into my parents account and then used their card to purchase the airline ticket. I guess were going to the bank today and going to see how we can prove it was my check going into my mothers account that paid for the ticket. (lame)

2. They said she could not speak english, and I find this to be weird as I call her on the telephone and have conversations with her in english. Although hard to hear, she needs to work on pronouncing the words correctly but she is still saying and knows the words she knows them all...

3. They say "in a sworn statement" I need to write down a timeline of our relationship, how we met, when things got serious, when I proposed, ect ect... whats a sworn statement? do I just start off the paper with "I swear"

4. And they also want to know how many times I've been to Vietnam to see her, and they was a detailed description of my visits... I've only been there the one time back in January....

I'll gather up all this information they want, but I still dont know why they said she doesnt speak english, she does, I talk to her, and all we want is to get started with our lives, we've waited almost 2 years... thats long enough. I hate the way our system is working, its not fair to those of us who are not out to cheat it...

Offline william3rd

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2007, 02:27:07 PM »
denied pending the receipt of the requested information.

Give them what they want and I think that you will ultimately prevail.

Since they recently busted a fraudulent K1 ring involving dozens of girls, the procedure has been toughened up for vietnam.

The scam was to fly a bunch of deadbeat guys over for a couple of weeks of  *expletive deleted*. THey get photos with the girl and sign some papers and then they are good to go.

Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline Ray

Re: Visa Denial
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2007, 06:01:46 PM »
I'm sorry to hear the bad news Mike, but it isn't over yet. No, it isn’t fair for guys like you, but there is so much visa fraud at some posts, including Vietnam, that everyone is suspect.

Assuming that your income and financial evidence was OK, it sounds like they want evidence of who purchased your ticket to make sure some relative of hers in the States didn’t buy your ticket as part of a visa scam. It happens more often than you may think. A relative wants to bring in a niece or sister or whatever, so they pay an American citizen like you, including all travel expenses and a substantial amount of cash, to petition her as a fiancée. There will be a sham marriage and then an application to adjust status and a petition to remove conditions in 2 years. When she gets her permanent green card, the fake marriage can be terminated by divorce. That is likely how that consular officer thinks when a K-1 applicant comes in for an interview. If you submit good proof that your mom purchased the ticket, that should take care of that particular concern.

Step one is to have her FAX to you or send an email scan of the 221(g) denial form so you can see exactly what they want.

What kind of evidence of relationship did she submit at her interview? You will want to give them lots of photos of you two together, phone bill copies, original letters in the envelope with clearly readable postmarks, any money transfer receipts, a photocopy copy of your complete passport showing entry/exit stamps, airline ticket stubs or baggage claim receipts, hotel receipts, restaurant bills, etc.  Give them anything that establishes your relationship as genuine and try to cover as much of the timeline as possible all the way back to your first letter is available. Include mushy love letters too. E-mail prints or chat transcripts can also be submitted.

For the affidavit, I would type up a statement, addressed to U.S. Consular Officer, clearly telling them in plain English everything about your relationship as they requested. Include your full name, address, SSN, Date of Birth, reference her full name, Date of Birth, address, petition file number, etc. Sign and date it in front of a U.S. notary so you can have your signature notarized. I would also include a phone number where they can reach you anytime just in case they want to call you (rare, but possible).

You can mail the evidence by registered mail but I would have your fiancée hand carry it to the consulate so she can submit in person and be available to answer any questions. If you could easily jump on a plane and go over there it would help, but that’s optional. As posted on the consulate Web site, she can bring the documents and evidence, along with the denial form, to the consulate in person between 1 pm and 3 pm M-F except holidays.

This doesn’t send you back to the end of the line and she doesn’t need to make another interview appointment unless specifically stated on the form.

As far as the English language comment, I am guessing that there was some difficulty in communication which isn’t that unusual. These interviews are often rushed for time and misunderstandings do happen. She should understand that she should NOT answer any question unless she is absolutely sure of what was said to her. Trying to guess can sometimes be disastrous. She can also request a translator if she is really having difficulty understanding the interviewing officer.

Just hang in there and play the game a little longer. When they see that you are serious, they “should” approve her.

BTW, for that proof of who paid for the plane ticket, you can submit proof of payment along with evidence that you withdrew a similar amount from your 401(K) during the same time frame.

Ray

Offline BigBlock502

« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2007, 09:59:47 AM »
She has typed out the form for me to read, this is what they have gave us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* the consulate general is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible under the following section(s)of the us . immigration and nationality act, as amended:
  *section 221(g) of the act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the document required in connection with the visa application , or who has failed to submit sufficient credible evidence to support the claimed petitionable relationship . the follwong remarks apply in your case :
  * petitiner : provide us with credit card statements that prove that you purchased your airline tickets to visa vietnam . if you no longer have the specific statement , request it from your credit card company . each statement needs to clearly indicate the name to which the credit card is issued , the purchase date and the cost of purchase . do not submit the receipt you were given by the travel agency . if you claim you paid for your airline tickets with card , provide us with the bank statement that shows you withdrew cash from your account for the purchase ( please hi_ light this withdrawal on the statement ). submit for all trips to vietnam that you visited your fiance/ spouse .
  * petitioner : in a sworn statement , please provide a time-line of your relationship . please explain clearly when and how you first met , how you were introduced , and when . when you began corresponding with each other , when you felt your relationship becam serious , when you decided to propose, and under what circumstances you proposed ( location , time , place, situation , setting , etc....) . did you propose in person , over the phone, etc....? where was your  fiance/ spouse when you proposed ( give exact location )? did she accept immediately or ask for time to think about it ? if you did not officially propose , when did you first begin discussing marriage ? how many trips did you make to vietnam to visit your fiance / spouse ? how many times have you seen her in total ? how long did you stay each visit ? please give as many details as possible ...
  *petitioner : beneficiary has cliamed that the two of you communicate by phone . however , beneficiary has demonstrated at interview that she can not speak english . in addition , she has explained that you do not speak vietnamese . please explain how you are able to communicate by phone . if you do claim to speak vietnamese , please submit a video tape of yourself speak vietnamese . please do not read from a script .
 * please do not submit anythink until you have all of the items requested above . if you do not submit all of the requested items at the same time, processing delays with result . consular officers will not make a decision on your case until all of the items we requested are submitted . if you are unable obtain a requested items , please submit a writen explanation . please label and itemize all materials submitted .
please turn in the requested items with this form at window B between 1 pm and 3pm monday-friday .

Offline BigBlock502

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2007, 06:22:23 PM »
WE GOT OUR VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I scanned and emailed her, faxed to teh embassy and emailed to the embassy the papers they requested I write and aquire, and in 2 days of having those papers they have approved our visa and she will be holding it on the 30th of October, and will be here about a week after that.... I cant believe its finally over, all this waiting and going crazy is finally over... woo hoo :)

Thank you to all the replies I have recived to all my questions, this website helped me keep my sanity throughout this whole ordeal, thank you everyone, I'll have to post a picture of us once she gets here...

Mike...

Offline michaelb

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2007, 07:45:12 PM »
Congratulations on the great news, Mike. I know both of you are excited y quiero lo mas bueno para los dos.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2007, 07:45:12 PM »

Offline Bear

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2007, 08:28:33 PM »
Feally Awesome Dude!

The adventure begins.

The Bear Family

Offline Ray

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2007, 09:25:09 PM »

I'll drink to that...      

See, that wasn't so hard was it?

Chúc mừng!

Offline BigBlock502

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2007, 04:46:46 PM »
woo hoo, her plane lands her on November 4th

They are making me buy a round trip ticket though, they said if for somereadon we didnt get married she would have to have a way back???? I dont know if thats the airline trying to get more money out of me or if theres any truth to that. At any rate I paid it with a 35% refund after I send them a copy of the marrige license, Ticket cost $1600..... so now its a 7 day wait....

Mike...

Offline michaelb

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2007, 05:20:45 PM »
Another hurdle crossed. Soon she will be here and that's great. About the round trip ticket---I think somebody ripped you off. I didn't have to buy a round trip for my wife and stepson (finance at the time, K-1 visa, K-2 for him). Unless they've changed it since 2003, the U.S. government certainly doesn't have any such regulation. William? Ray? Have they changed the law?

Offline Bear

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2007, 05:23:35 PM »
I didn't have to buy a round trip either but the cost of one-way was almost as high.

The Bear Family

Offline william3rd

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2007, 05:36:12 PM »
Who is this mysterious THEY? Probably the travel agency, eh?

You can buy a one-way if you wish. There is no requirement for a fiancee visa to have a return ticket. Tourist visas yes, evidence of an intention to return home after a temporary visit. Fiancee visas are "forever." Equates to an immigrant visa with a condition. . . .

Usually round trips have been cheaper over the years.
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline Ray

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2007, 08:11:04 PM »
More good news Mike!

On the round trip ticket, this has been an ongoing problem in the Philippines over the years. Some travel agents are simply ignorant and mistakenly believe that she needs a round-trip. The usual solution is to either demand a one-way or simply go to another travel agent.

Unless the Vietnamese government has some strange policy on this, it sounds like a case of ticket agent ignorance in your case also. When she arrives in the U.S. on a K-1 visa, there is no requirement that she have a round-trip ticket.

If they give you a 35% ($560?) refund later, then it doesn’t sound too bad. What would the price have been for a one-way if they had sold you one?

Like Bear and William said, sometimes the cost of a round trip ticket can be very close to the price of a one-way, or possibly even cheaper. Some airlines used to offer a discounted one-way rate to folks with immigrant visas.

Who did you purchase the ticket from?

Ray

Offline BigBlock502

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2007, 05:24:08 PM »
For an update, all went well with her flight, and she landed here on November 4th. My parents and brothers and I were all at the airport to greet her along with my friend and his vietnamese wife and the another couple who also the wife is vietnamese. I think we had a good welcoming party. Now being together has begun or should I have said the teaching. everythign from debit cards, microwaves, to vaccums are a mystery to her. Its fun to show her her all these "magic" devices we all here in america take for granted. But the biggest problem I see her having is the fact that she has just left her family, and she misses them all dearly. Shes very homesick, and I do my best to make her feel better. when we get some pictures I'll post them, no wedding date set as of yet but I think it will be soon, write more later.

Mike.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2007, 07:21:44 PM »
Congrats Mike! Yes, there'll be some homesickness but it'll pass with time (years.) Can't wait to see pictures!

- Jeff

Offline michaelb

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2007, 08:34:16 PM »
I predict the marriage will be on or before February 2, 2008. And make sure you show her how to use these things safely, like no forks in the microwave, no hair dryer in the bathtub...little things like that. Have those two Vietnamese woman you mentioned help you explain things to her.

But the big point is, she's HERE, so congratulations.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2007, 08:34:16 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878
Latest: Wileycauch
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864