It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: BAQ Trip  (Read 9189 times)

Offline seablock

• Probie
BAQ Trip
« on: February 05, 2011, 09:24:36 AM »
Hi  New here.  I am  53 and live in Washington DC.  I have been to Colombia many times.   I have a friend who is from Colombia but has lived in USA for 30+ years. His father lives in Cali so we have gone there together and since he works for the airlines, I have traveled on a buddy pass.  I have not used the agencies but have gone to 1 party at Cali Charm several years ago.  I speak basic spanish and have used the amigos.com, cybercupido.com and colombiancupid.com.  I was in BAQ for 7 days in December and stayed at the Windsor Hotel (130k single).  I had about 8-9 girls to meet (got their numbers and did a conference call with my spanish fluent buddy) in the age range of 25 to 41.  I had a cheap ticket on Spirit and arrived in the middle of the night and the hotel was accommodating.  My buddy was flying down to CTG and was going to meet me a day or two later.  I was able to meet one girl after another the first few days and I found that the cybercupido lack of photos was a disavantage because some only had head shots and you end up with a cute face and large everything else. I met two 25yos that were sweet but both had  a kid.  My friend showed up and he had a couple of women to meet so I went to the Portal mall with one of the 25yos, and while waiting for my friend she wanted me to buy her jeans so she could stay another night.   Ordinarily, I would not have but paid 30k for some jeans for her future "stay' in BQ.  We met my friend and his girl who was heavyset and he was not interested.   The 25 yo and i returned to the Windsor hotel and we danced to some music in the room and I tried to get romantic but it was clear she was not interested so I was annoyed and she decided to go to Santa Marta.  Then I had a date later with the other 25yo, who agreed to meet me but then never showed (later she said she had phone troubles).  Not missing a beat, I met another that night (26 and a little chubby) and she had a couple of beers with me and returned to the hotel room.  In any event, I met another 6-7 girls and actually asked 3 to bring girlfriends if they could and they did.  (one 21yo, one 29 yo and one 30yo).  All were better looking than the girl I had.  In fact, the last one looked like a model and ended up going to CTG with my friend after i left!   It was his and my first time staying in BAQ so it was a learning experience as there was no real love connection.  Windsor hotel was very good about just letting girls come to the room with no hassles.  And Spirit airlines does have  some good flights but in the middle of the night which is a killer.  The hotel assured me upon booking that was getting early check in (3am)  but tried to charge me for another day when I checked out (which they did with another young gringo from Ohio who was on my incoming flight).  My lawyer training came in handy and I went to the son (?) of the owners and they waived the fee.

I was able to make dates on my own and with the help of my buddy (carries around 3 phone) but if there were any complications I had to have my friend help.  So a little knowledge of spanish is essential.

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: BAQ Trip
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 09:34:25 AM »
Hate to dump on a newbie seablock, but your post sounds more suited to ISG than this forum.

Most of the guys here are serious about meeting lifetime mates, not seeing how many girls half their age they can bring back to their hotel room ...
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 09:48:44 AM »
 The 25 yo and i returned to the Windsor hotel and we danced to some music in the room and I tried to get romantic but it was clear she was not interested so I was annoyed and she decided to go to Santa Marta. 

What do you expect?  You are 53 years old and she is 25 years old.  Maybe in her eyes, you are too old for her. 

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 09:48:44 AM »

Offline Colgando

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 09:52:53 AM »
Hate to dump on a newbie seablock, but your post sounds more suited to ISG than this forum.

What is ISG?
So let mercy come and wash away, what I've done

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 10:44:18 AM »
Any chick who wants you to buy her something shortly after meeting her deserves a first class boot to the curb.

Offline seablock

• Probie
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 11:53:46 AM »
ISG=International Sex Guide for Sex tourists.  Not for me.  I have already brought someone back from Bulgaria on a fiance visa (that didn't work) so I know what I am am looking for.  But on a short trip like this you need to ascertain the lady's intentions quickly.  If they are are not interested in you physically, then it is a waste of time.  As far as the age difference is concerned, any  reader of this forum should know that this is a different culture in Colombia with respect to relationships vis-a-vis ages and age gaps are not looked at the same as it is here.  However, under 30 is a bit young for myself especially when I hear someone talking about getting a tattoo.    My friend's Colombian cousins are all in their 40s and dating women in their early 20s and his father is 70 something with a 50 something yo wife.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 12:13:22 PM »
I have to laugh when I read about the old age gaps are not looked upon the same way. Believe me, any Colombian who sees a big disparity in ages in a couple knows exactly what is going on.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 12:31:16 PM »
ISG=International Sex Guide for Sex tourists.  Not for me.  I have already brought someone back from Bulgaria on a fiance visa (that didn't work) so I know what I am am looking for.  But on a short trip like this you need to ascertain the lady's intentions quickly.  If they are are not interested in you physically, then it is a waste of time.  As far as the age difference is concerned, any  reader of this forum should know that this is a different culture in Colombia with respect to relationships vis-a-vis ages and age gaps are not looked at the same as it is here.  However, under 30 is a bit young for myself especially when I hear someone talking about getting a tattoo.    My friend's Colombian cousins are all in their 40s and dating women in their early 20s and his father is 70 something with a 50 something yo wife.

If you have a 20 years old daughter, would you like her to date a 53 years old man ?

Offline Colgando

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 12:45:12 PM »
ISG=International Sex Guide for Sex tourists. 

Oh, ok, I did not know such a guide existed. I do not even want to contemplate what would be included in such a guide, sounds very dirty.

Offline Woody

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 12:45:45 PM »
If you have a 20 years old daughter, would you like her to date a 53 years old man ?

The allowable age disparity exists for one reason: Economics.
I have no issues with taking advantage of that, but don't pretend that it is not the core reason. Now, why it still works for importing(most of the time) is because you can actually get your foot in the door and she is open to dating significantly older men.

Since my daughter will not be economically disadvantaged, she will likely be more selective about the age of a potential mate.  

Offline seablock

• Probie
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 12:59:52 PM »
Economics probably is the reason.  In the states, women can afford to buy a car and live alone without a man so the man's job or financial status is not as important.  When I went to work for a boutique law firm, my phone was not ringing off the hook.  50 years before,  it was probably a different story.  I don't think they have gasolineras (women that only date men with cars) in the United States.  Here, you don't have that with the exception of the rock stars (Billy Joel with a 20 something) and the rich.  +

Interesting, the  only negative comments are frm. those who are not looking for a wife/novia.  It would be more credible coming from those who don't have to be politically correct.  Those that still can leave their underwear on the floor and drink aquardiente.

Offline Colgando

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 01:13:53 PM »

Interesting, the  only negative comments are frm. those who are not looking for a wife/novia.  It would be more credible coming from those who don't have to be politically correct.  Those that still can leave their underwear on the floor and drink aquardiente.

I am heading to Colombia in March for the 1st time, going to date women with the hope of finding a mate in my quest and enjoying my time in the process. The way you wrote your post makes it seem as though you were going to get laid. In a subsequent post, you mentioned you had a Bulgarian wife before so now you know what you are looking for, so that added to your story and it seems you are indeed looking for a wife. Your hunting method seems to be to determine sexual compatibility first and foremost, then move on to other areas of compatibility. Other men may have different methods and may view your method as just trying to get laid and not going about it in the best way to find a mate.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 01:39:55 PM »
Economics probably is the reason.  In the states, women can afford to buy a car and live alone without a man so the man's job or financial status is not as important.  When I went to work for a boutique law firm, my phone was not ringing off the hook.  50 years before,  it was probably a different story.  I don't think they have gasolineras (women that only date men with cars) in the United States.  Here, you don't have that with the exception of the rock stars (Billy Joel with a 20 something) and the rich.  +

I have to be politically correct? Give me a break - I'm married to a Colombiana, dude, so by definition that means I can do what I want when I want. BTW, I am not being negative - just realistic. Do not have any delusions that a hot young Colombiana wants to snuggle up with a paunchy balding old gringo - if she could get the same kind of financial deal she would prefer a hot young Colombiano. The fact of the matter is there aren't enough of them to go around so a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 01:39:55 PM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »
Economics probably is the reason.  In the states, women can afford to buy a car and live alone without a man so the man's job or financial status is not as important. 

In your words, your 25yo girl only want your money - nothing more!  You will not feel loved in this way. 

Offline seablock

• Probie
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 04:30:05 PM »
There was a site called "Poor but Happy" which was a site for gringos interested in and living in Colombia.  But instead of sharing information, a few persons spent all their time attacking others (in their mind, scoring points for being "honest") that they could do from the safety of their cave and the site was closed down.   Is that the case on this site?

Offline whitey

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 09:26:45 PM »

Aguardiente is gross ... I prefer having a few shots of rum and then wearing my underwear on my head ...

By the way, my Colombian wife is 13 years younger than me ... I took the time to know her a little first before trying to jump her up in my hotel room ...

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 09:30:30 PM »
Seablock,

I can't speak for Whitey or anyone else for that matter, but the tone of your post was "hey guys check out how many hot babes I banged on my trip".  In my opinion he wasn't attacking your post or you for that matter, just telling you politely that P-L is about men looking for foreign wives.   In that context your post seems a bit off base and out of place.

As far as the age difference is concerned, I for one agree with you that women marry for security.  But, that's ALL women!  As you get older and less physically attractive, obviously your wallet will talk louder, but women are looking for security even from the young studs, and that's a fact!

If you are here seeking advice and conversation about seeking a foreign wife with like minded guys, welcome.

If your conversation is about your blow by blow sex exploits in Colombia, then I would suggest a more monger centric web forum for your posts.

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline JaxPaul24

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 02:30:37 AM »
Alrighty...here comes my first post!  I have lurked around this site in the past when I thought I was bout ready to make that trip to Colombia but then I wasn't able to do so. Once again, I've been checking things again because I'm hoping to head to BQ in late February or early March.  I have gotten lots of great information and have enjoyed reading the various trip reports.  That being said, I always wondered why no one ever brought up sex?  I thought geez, these guys are over in a Country like Colombia, being around all those beautiful women, spending all that money and not having any kind of fun, fun? That kind of sucks...

So I just assume many guys do hook up but this forum is not the place to really discuss that.  I respect that but I am also under the impression many a dudes do go over there for a week or so and really don't hook up.  I have read numerous trip reports where guys are saying goodnight to their dates, putting them in taxis and calling it a night!  Then they do it all over again the next day with girl #?? and before you know it their trip is over and it's time to head back home. 

Now I'm not a sex crazed guy who is interested in strip clubs and prostitutes (not knocking it, just not my thing) but yea...I would like to have some fun!  I'm not looking to go down and just see girl after girl like an interview process and then head back home with a girl or two's number and email address.  I would instead like to go and have fun, see some sights, enjoy the food and dance to some salsa/merengue/reggae with a beautiful Colombiana at my side!   In the process of having that fun, hopefully be able to meet someone special to spend some quality time with and pursue a serious relationship with.

Im 39 year old Mexican American, speak decent Spanish and I lived abroad for about 10 years while in the military.  I dated quite a few Colombianas while stationed in Italy and my best friend is Colombiano and lives in Italy. I love Colombianas and I just like to think that maybe my soul mate is somewhere over there in Colombia.  I love the people, food, music, everything about Colombia! 

Anyways, I was thinking about using Jaimes agency.  I figured I would do that for a week and get to know some girls while I wait for my best friend to arrive from Italy.  He has a vacation house/apartment? in Santa Marta so we plan to go chill there for a week or two.  Maybe if I met someone nice through the agency and got to know her, she can come to Santa Marta for a couple of days when she is able to get away.  I'm told it is a nice place to spend sometime with someone special.  So I guess my questions to some of you fellas would be:

1.  Can I have my cake and eat it too?  LOL..  Is it possible to do the agency thing but still be able to go out and have some fun?  Do all these girls just have dinner and call it night?  I'm sure some do because of work, kids, ect.  But dang...my buddy tells me Colombia is hopping every night of the week, granted he is from the Cali area.  Or do say I good night to my date and go out and have fun on my own being careful of course...

2.  Should I even do the agency thing in the first place?  Maybe I should just show up with my buddy, do a few days in BQ and then head to Santa Marta? I checked out Jaimes site and he definitely has some beautiful girls on there! Not a lot that I was attracted to that were closer to my age but I'm sure many will look much better in person.  That and I hear that the younger girls end up being much more open and better company anyways.  Ideally for me, I'm looking for someone between 24 - 35.     

3.  Lastly...don't get mad at me....but is it really that hard to hook up?  I mean again, not trying to be a Dawg or Rico Suave but I lived around Colombianas in Italy for over 5 years and they like to have some fun!  They tend to get adapted real quick to the Italian lifestyle and before you know they act just like Italian women and expect to be wine and dined and wear expensive clothing, jewelry, ect.  Not a big deal though, not all were like that but the ones that were...oh well good for them! I dated em' anyways as long as they were good women!  Soooo...I'm hoping since it is Colombia that the women are plentiful and love to have a good time and if that involves hooking up so be it! Again...not talking about prepagados either. 

This post may be coming off as elementary....but like I said, those trip reports got me thinking that a lot of dudes are going home with nada or they are just very disciplined and not releasing that type of info on this forum.

Alright fellas, appreciate any guidance...
A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots. - Marcus Garvey

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 03:03:36 AM »

Hi Sir JaxPaul and welcome to the board.To answer your question, no it isn't hard to hookup.There is nothing wrong with having fun but the longer I was at this the more I saw that it really wasn't to my advantage to do so.Many times some form of "messiness" that came along with it.It was better, for me, to not try and rush into sex with these women. Either the woman took it as a sign that we were practically engaged or I would have some angry brother or father come looking for the gringo that" deflowered" his innocent daughter.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline whitey

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 05:17:31 PM »
That being said, I always wondered why no one ever brought up sex?  I thought geez, these guys are over in a Country like Colombia, being around all those beautiful women, spending all that money and not having any kind of fun, fun? That kind of sucks...

So I just assume many guys do hook up but this forum is not the place to really discuss that.  I respect that but I am also under the impression many a dudes do go over there for a week or so and really don't hook up.  I have read numerous trip reports where guys are saying goodnight to their dates, putting them in taxis and calling it a night!  Then they do it all over again the next day with girl #?? and before you know it their trip is over and it's time to head back home. 

Right, we don't really talk about having sex here ... the forum is more about sharing information on relationships, countries, cultures, experiences, etc.  We sometimes allude to the passionate side of relationships (often one of the best things about foreign women!), but don't get into the details ... that's really better discussed amongst best buddies rather than bragging online IMO.

Now I'm not a sex crazed guy who is interested in strip clubs and prostitutes (not knocking it, just not my thing) but yea...I would like to have some fun!  I'm not looking to go down and just see girl after girl like an interview process and then head back home with a girl or two's number and email address.  I would instead like to go and have fun, see some sights, enjoy the food and dance to some salsa/merengue/reggae with a beautiful Colombiana at my side!   In the process of having that fun, hopefully be able to meet someone special to spend some quality time with and pursue a serious relationship with.

3.  Lastly...don't get mad at me....but is it really that hard to hook up?  I mean again, not trying to be a Dawg or Rico Suave but I lived around Colombianas in Italy for over 5 years and they like to have some fun!  They tend to get adapted real quick to the Italian lifestyle and before you know they act just like Italian women and expect to be wine and dined and wear expensive clothing, jewelry, ect.  Not a big deal though, not all were like that but the ones that were...oh well good for them! I dated em' anyways as long as they were good women!  Soooo...I'm hoping since it is Colombia that the women are plentiful and love to have a good time and if that involves hooking up so be it! Again...not talking about prepagados either. 

Almost any single woman in Colombia is going to be living at home with her parents, and if she's out at a bar, she'll usually be with a group of friends ... so not too likely you'll find someone to pick up and stay the night ... unless she's looking for money or a good time in one form or another.

If you do find someone like that, just be aware that she wouldn't be someone suitable for a long term, serious relationship.  Nothing wrong with just wanting to have fun, as long as everyone is honest about their intentions and you don't confuse the "fun" girls with the "good" girls.

Offline flash

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 09:23:39 PM »
I'm new to the board and I'm especially enjoying this forum. That said. I may be new to PL, but I'm not new to life. I like the focus and the discipline of the guys here. If your looking to have a good time, whether its part-time or full-time on your trip, save your money. There are plenty of places in the good ole US where the girls wont speak any english and you can find what your looking for. After, you won't have any problems finding an emergency room or clinic to help you shake the after effects of that good time. I just gave you some good advice.

Offline JaxPaul24

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 09:57:23 PM »
Hi Sir JaxPaul and welcome to the board.To answer your question, no it isn't hard to hookup.There is nothing wrong with having fun but the longer I was at this the more I saw that it really wasn't to my advantage to do so.Many times some form of "messiness" that came along with it.It was better, for me, to not try and rush into sex with these women. Either the woman took it as a sign that we were practically engaged or I would have some angry brother or father come looking for the gringo that" deflowered" his innocent daughter.

Right on Researcher, I definitely feel what your saying.  I've done that before where I had a real hottie on my hands who's great in the bed and all but the other "messiness" that came with her just made it not worth it.  So I hear ya, take my time, be smart about it and it will come just no need to rush and cause myself any unnecessary drama..

If you do find someone like that, just be aware that she wouldn't be someone suitable for a long term, serious relationship.  Nothing wrong with just wanting to have fun, as long as everyone is honest about their intentions and you don't confuse the "fun" girls with the "good" girls.

Good advice Whitey, definitely makes sense.  The majority of the Colombianas that I have either dated or just had as friends were all pretty good people as were most of the fellas while I was living in Italy.  Actually being in Colombia I'm sure will be much different and I'm gonna need to be on my toes so I don't get the FUN and the GOOD confused...  LOL....

I'm new to the board and I'm especially enjoying this forum. That said. I may be new to PL, but I'm not new to life. I like the focus and the discipline of the guys here. If your looking to have a good time, whether its part-time or full-time on your trip, save your money. There are plenty of places in the good ole US where the girls wont speak any english and you can find what your looking for. After, you won't have any problems finding an emergency room or clinic to help you shake the after effects of that good time. I just gave you some good advice.

As for your advice Mr. Flash....well NEWSFLASH...it was whack!  Thanks anyways..
A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots. - Marcus Garvey

Offline flash

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 07:06:51 PM »
Sometimes the truth hurts.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 07:06:51 PM »

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 03:52:43 AM »

and...his name is Ray on the Asian board.  ;)

Zulu
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:54:40 AM by z_k_g »
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline JaxPaul24

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 07:05:57 PM »

Truth about what dude?  LOL. C'mon now....
and...his name is Ray on the Asian board.  ;)

Zulu

Ray? Nah...wrong guy. I love my Latinas brotha..

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 130