Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 24, 2024, 08:14:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question for FilapinaCupid  (Read 15723 times)
A1A
« on: October 26, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Hello Jean, The asian sweetie site has you listed as living in Hong Kong.  I am sure you know many OCW filipinas working there.  My question is, if we visit a girl in Hong Kong, would they be able to spend time with a guy other than on Sundays?  Say for lunch, or in the evenings during the week.  Do you know of any guys that have successful in Hong Kong?  I have a pen pal now on Mindanao, but I'm getting more and more red flags.  I've always wanted to visit Hong Kong, and would like to know if meeting filipinas there would be realistic.  I'd love to hear you thoughts.
Thanks,
A1A
FilipinaCupid
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to question for FilapinaCupid, posted by A1A on Oct 26, 2001

Hi A1A.  It depends on woman's relationship with her employer.  Most OCW work Monday through Saturday but there are exceptions to this.  Also, if you are visiting a certain individual try to time your trip with:

1. Hong Kong holidays where she may have 2 to 4 days off in a row;

2. her employer's vacation as often she can more easily take time off;

3. her personal holidays (vacation) as she may have full week off;

4. other special situations that will give you more than just her day off together.

Discuss this with her and you will find opportunities.  I know it seems rude but she may ask you help her deceive employer.  Please try to understand this may be her only choice as many Chinese employers very, very strict.  An example would be for you to hang-up phone if her employer answers, instead of asking for her or not write anything personal in postcards where others can read.

Yes, I know of many successful coutships and marriages of OCW working here in Hong Kong and other countries also.  In one recent 3 day holiday I personally introduced an American man to five matches I had selected on his behalf.

Blessings on your search for true love,

Jean

@^:^@

Jimbo
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: question for FilipinaCupid  - -  Ans..., posted by FilipinaCupid on Oct 28, 2001

Everything depends upon the employer - they may be inflexible or they may be somewhat understanding, but in either case they will most likely be strict in their approach to the situation.

Sally's employer in Mei Foo was very good to us, although it took a while for her to warm up to the idea.  On my second visit, she allowed Sally to go out after 5:30 on weeknights and stay out until 8:30 or 9:00.  Often Sally's employer took vacation time on Saturdays so we could have the whole weekend together.  She even helped us to arrange visits to the Lantau Island Giant Budda and Cheung Chau Island.

But on my very first trip, Sally couldn't go out on weeknights so I left after a long weekend and went to the RP.  On the homeward leg I stopped in again for a week.  Sally had asked for and been given Saturday off.  I met her employer at her home in Mei Foo Sun Chuen, and things opened up after that.  She was a nice lady, and seemed very surprised that an American man would begin the conversation by thanking her for giving Sally extra time to visit with me.  She was used to dealing with the British, but not Americans, so I think she had a prejudiced view that an American would be forceful and arrogant (on my part I had a view that she would be suspicious of my motives).  But being polite worked wonders.

Regarding some degree of deception on the employer - this was true for us too!  Before meeting her employer, Sally asked me to go along with a story that we had initially met in Manila, not through a penpal service.  Her employer didn't like or trust penpal services and, to me, seemed to be acting like a parent.  I went along with it but almost blew it:

EMPLOYER: So, Mr. Holt,

JIM:  Please, call me Jim.

EMPLOYER:  So Jim, have you ever been to Asia before?

JIM:  No. (--doh!)

EMPLOYER:  ..But, Sally told me that you met her in the-

JIM:  Oh, that time - well, it's just that I never considered the Philippines as a part of Asia.  It's quite Westernized in many ways, and not part of the main continent so I tend to think of it as like the South Pacific.

EMPLOYER: I see.  But it really is a part of Asia because, in many ways... (long explanation follows)

JIM:  (steals a glance at Sally's alarmed face, and takes a deep breath)

Shocked)

Ray
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Good advice Jean, posted by Jimbo on Oct 29, 2001

ROFL!

You sly devil you! I've known several Chinese ladies and they all impressed me as being very intelligent and very savvy to the ways of us men :-)

Oh, the things we go through in our pursuit of happiness.

Ray

Jimbo
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Mr. Jim-bangles, posted by Ray on Oct 29, 2001

Hi Ray,

Yes, I landed on my feet somehow!  Today we remain friends with her former employers.  We visit them on each trip back.  The woman speaks excellent English as she works for the HongKong Police as an English translator.  I enjoy talking politics with them and hearing their opinions on issues like the Chinese takeover.  Sally was lucky; they are good people.

Jim

Dave H
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to "Then he lightly touched down", posted by Jimbo on Oct 29, 2001

I knew a man Jim-bangles and he danced for you
In old Mei Foo
With brown hair, round eyes and sun burned skin
The old white lie
He seemed so high, got tongue-tied, then he lightly crashed down

I met him in a house in Mei Foo Sun Chuen
He was trying to take Sally out
He looked to me to be American
As he spoke right out
He talked of his ex-wife, he talked of his ex-wife, he laughed, then looked at Sally and bit his lip

Mr. Jim-bangles, Mr. Jim-bangles, Mr. Jim-bangles, squirm!

He said call me Jim-bangles, then he danced a lick, in his chair
He wiped the sweat, cleared his throat, and gave it another try
Then he crossed his fingers and
He let go a lie, he let go a lie,
Shook back his clothes all around

Mr. Jim-bangles, Mr. Jim-bangles, Mr. Jim-bangles, lie!

He didn't disclose that he wrote to those, (but not the Ho's) in pen-pal clubs
Through out Hong Kong and the Philippines
He spoke with tears of fifteen years how AW's had beaten him down
His Mojo up and died, it up and died,
After twenty years it finally came back

Mr. Jim-bangles, Mr. Jim-bangles, Mr. Jim-bangles, cheers!

He took Sally out to dance and eat fish heads and rice
Now most of the time he spends on Planet Love and Asian boards
Talking politics and helping out
He shook his head and as pinched himself to see if it was a dream
I heard someone ask him `Please' Please ..........

Mr. Jim-bangles, Mr. Jim-bangles, Mr. Jim-bangles, more!

"Nitty Gritty" Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Mr. Jim-bangles...dance..., posted by Dave H on Oct 30, 2001

Thanks Dave!

Another classic for the PL archives.

I think married life must be treating you well. It even seems to have sharpened your wit :-)

Ray

Jimbo
Oy!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Mr. Jim-bangles...dance..., posted by Dave H on Oct 30, 2001

Hi Dave,

That's what I get for being honest on the board -ROFL!

Beautiful!  I see Marife hasn't put a damper on your creative talent Shocked))

But... a lie?  I said 'No' and then followed up with a explanation of how I considered the Philippines, geographically speaking.  So more accurately I guess you could say I MISLED the woman.  Now I'm starting to sound like Bill Clinton....

Jim Shocked)

Dave H
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Oy!, posted by Jimbo on Oct 30, 2001

You're right! I used creative license when I used "lie." Perhaps, "He let go a 'Clinton!'" would have worked. ;o)))

Dave "The Candy Man" H.

Dave H
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sorry Jim!, posted by Dave H on Oct 30, 2001

"He let go a Clinton" sounds a bit dirty. 8-0

Dave H.

Jimbo
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to But then again..., posted by Dave H on Oct 30, 2001

You're up to your old tricks again but I know where you're going with this (blue dress!) --- so forget it, I'm not going with you!  Please Marife, stand behind him while he's posting!!

Jim "Gentleman" bo
-LOL!

Dave H
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to not going there David :-O, posted by Jimbo on Oct 30, 2001

Hi Jim'bo,

Yes, I'm back at it! ;o)) Marife is watching Michael Jordan, so I'm without adult supervision. Did Monica give you the pig tie for Christmas? I think it was meant for Bill. "Oh Monica, squeal like a pig! Let's make some bacon in the Lincoln bedroom." ;o)))

Dave H.

Jimbo
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I am... :-O, posted by Dave H on Oct 30, 2001

Can you lift that golden axe?  Try to give him a wack, it won't hurt him much, he's been chased around before with sharp objects.  Don't let him get started!

Jim :oO

Jeff S
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Good advice Jean, posted by Jimbo on Oct 29, 2001

Sounds like you did a good job at tap dancing. We'll have to start calling you Mr. Jim-bangles. LOL
-- Jeff
Jimbo
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Busted, eh Jim?, posted by Jeff S on Oct 29, 2001

Jeff,

That was the first time I saw the quick flash of consternation in the dark, lovely eyes of my Sally.  I knew then that she was no meek little pushover.  Later, however, she allowed that I had made a good recovery Shocked))

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: