Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 03:14:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Jimbo!  (Read 22961 times)
Jimbo
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Hey Jimbo!, posted by Keith NC on Oct 4, 2005

Hi Keith,

I don't think the Red Sox pitching will get them through the playoffs.  But if their bats get very hot they might be able to overcome the mediocre pitching.

Patriots 2-2, Bolts 2-2, Carolina 2-2... all starting off slow... who's going to be on top in December?  I'll bet that Indy and Pittsburg will be left crying in their beer again and Ray will be crying in his Tanduay -LOL

Jim

Keith NC
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Jimbo!, posted by Jimbo on Oct 5, 2005

Jimbo,

The Carolina Panthers were picked to win the NFC Championship and the SuperBowl this year by Sports Illustrated.  I think the Panthers will win more games but I don't think they will be in the Superbowl or win the NFC.  No team wants to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated as winning it all.  It usually ends up being the death nail in the coffin for any team.  I knew the Panthers season was doomed when I saw the cover.

I hope the Panthers or the Cowboys will be on top in December.  That is wishful thinking on my part. Hehe. Any given Sunday a team could win.  

Go Braves,

Keith  

Ray
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hey Jimbo!, posted by Keith NC on Oct 2, 2005

Yeah Keith, the Patriots need a good ass-whooping once in a while to keep them humble.

Rivers is the backup guy and isn’t getting any playing time to speak of. I think the plan was for Rivers to be the No. 1 QB last year but he showed up late for training camp and by the time he got his shit together, Brees had completely turned around and became one of the best QB’s in the league. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Chargers traded one of them after the season. He’s nice to have around for a backup but he isn’t getting any real experience and he gets a huge paycheck.

Did you happen to see the Chargers whoop ass on the Giants last week and that little panzy-ass Eli Manning? I almost died laughing!

Ray

Keith NC
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Hey Jimbo!, posted by Ray on Oct 2, 2005

There is bad blood between the Panther fans and the Patriot fans ever since the Panthers lost to them in the superbowl almost two years ago.  We are still bitter about that, LOL.  I don't know what Rivers was thinking when he held out for a better deal.  I think he would have been their man but he screwed up.  Rivers is a good QB but not that good.  I think sometimes it is their agents that cause alot of the problems.  Brees did have a dramatic turnaround.  I think at this point the Chargers will keep Brees and trade Rivers.

Who was the guy that the Chargers drafted from Washington State a few years ago that turned out to be a total joke?  I can't remember his name but he isn't a QB in the NFL anymore.  I still remember the Fouts and Winslow days.  Those were some classics.

I did watch that game with Eli last week.  He was flustered.  He didn't know what to do with the Chargers defense and that crowd at Qualcom Stadium.  It is never good to piss off a bunch of fans.  If they only attend one game a year they will make sure it is the game when the Chargers play the Giants.  Those fans were a big factor in that game.  Not to take anything away from the Chargers defense because they played a hell of a game.  

Keith

Rota20
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Hey Jimbo!, posted by Keith NC on Oct 2, 2005

You're thinking of Ryan Leaf.  It's not that he didn't have the talent to compete in the NFL but was too immature and arrogant according to his coaches and teammates.
Keith NC
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Jimbo!, posted by Rota20 on Oct 3, 2005

Thanks Rota20,

I had a brain fart and couldn't remember his name.  Ryan Leaf did have a lot of talent as a football player.  I should have been more specific.  He seemed to lose his temper easily and didn't quit know how to handle the pressure that comes with playing in the NFL.

Keith

Rota20
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Jimbo!, posted by Keith NC on Oct 3, 2005

He certainly was no where near as big a failure as Lawrence Phillips(running back Nebraska) was.  At least Leaf wasn't constantly getting arrested and had an IQ better than 75.  Fortunately, after the success of Marshall Faulk and Steven Jackson, as a Rams fan I've been able to forget that horrible blunder.
Keith NC
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Jimbo!, posted by Rota20 on Oct 4, 2005

[This message has been edited by Keith NC]

I remember that guy.  He was pretty bad.  The Panthers had a guy named Ray Caruth.  You may remember him.  He had is pregnant girlfriend assassinated while she was driving her car near downtown Charlotte one nite.  He hired two thugs to make it look like just a random murder.  He didn't want to pay child support was his reason.  He is spending life in prison now.  He played his college ball at Colorado. Thankfully those days are behind the Panthers too.

What is your take on Torry Holt?  He played college ball at North Carolina State.  

Keith

Rota20
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Jimbo!, posted by Keith NC on Oct 4, 2005

I don't think anyone has forgotten Ray Caruth.  I only wish O.J. Simpson was his inmate.  

Torry Holt has been an awesome receiver but Isaac Bruce is still my favorite player on the team.  The Rams offense certainly isn't what it used to be and Mike Martz has never really seemed to care about defense.  I think it's about time for him to go and to hire a head coach who isn't just offensive-minded.  

That's alright though, GO CARDINALS!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: