Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 11:58:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Jimbo!  (Read 22966 times)
Ray
« on: October 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Just in case you missed it…

BOLTS 41, PATS 17

Aray mo!

I think I’ll go crack that bottle of Tanduay 18-Year-Old  :-)

Ray

Dave H
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Jimbo!, posted by Ray on Oct 2, 2005

Hey Ray,

...Opening your vintage Tanduay? I haven't seen any 18-Year-Old Tanduay yet, but saw some bottles of 15-Year-Old at an astronomical P233 per bottle. ;o))) I figure I could wait 3 years to open it and have 18-year old. LOL

Dave H.

Ray
Yes
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Are You Nuts..., posted by Dave H on Oct 8, 2005

Did I say 18-year-old? OOPS! I meant to say 15-year-old.

My brother-in-law sent me a bottle of that 15-year Tanduay by “special courier” earlier this year. It’s called “Tanduay 1854” with a blue label and a fancy see-thru box. I also have a few bottles of Superior 12-year-old (black label) and one has been sitting in my closet with my smelly sneakers for over 4 years now, so it should be getting ripe by now.

Hey, make sure you bring a bunch of that stuff back with you because it’s virtually impossible to find it here in the States. I used to be able to buy Tanduay 5-year-old here on the Navy base, but they haven’t had any in years. About 6-7 years ago they had a bunch for about $5.25/bottle and I bought about 60 bottles (hic!).

The wife asked the customs inspectors how many bottles she could bring in and they said nobody would say anything if she brought 6 or 7 bottles and they were packed in her checked baggage. Just be sure to claim it. Even if you did get some hard-ass ICE Officer that enforced the 1 liter/adult rule, the revenue tax and duty really aren’t that much.

Are you still in Butuan now? What do you do over there to keep busy? I think I could get bored after a month or so of sitting around the house and going to the mall. Girl watching is always fun if the wife doesn’t mind too much :-). Don’t forget the Aswang Festival later this month in Capiz. I think it’s just a short boat ride from Boracay.

Ray

Rota20
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yes, posted by Ray on Oct 8, 2005

Is Tanduay sold throughout the US or just in a few special places?
Dave H
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yes, posted by Ray on Oct 8, 2005

Hey Ray,

I was getting worried, I couldn't find 18-year-old anywhere. 60 bottles!!! ROFLMAOPASIMFPPUMFG!!! Really nice looking packaging! I am going to buy a bottle or two...although I probably won't open it...unless I get drunk on the cheap stuff first. LOL

I am still here in Butuan. Besides the occasional birthday parties or wedding, things I do for fun:

I bought a cheap mountain bike to ride around town and the bundok. Sometimes I play chicken with the vehicles driving down the wrong side of the road. =8-O I can really get out and see a lot on the bike….errr no girl watching though. 8-O I ride the motorcycle around once in a while. I haven’t done much driving in the multicab or van, as I figure some of the locals would run into me on purpose in attempt to get some cash. No doubt the Kano would be charged with the accident!

I took a rusty nail to the head the other day. It was protruding from a bamboo fence. I was trying to jump around mud (Huh) puddles on a barangay path. I went to the hospital for two tetanus shots. OUCH!!!

I like to take the pump boat up and down the river. I want to swim across the river but have been advised that the crocks and/or current (swirling) will get me before I make it across. So far it's a no go, so I might buy a small boat to cruise around.  

Watched the locals catch, kill, and eat a 15 foot python in the barangay the other day. Hell...we are in town and nowhere near the bundok! =8-O

In the works:

We were going on a trip to Surigao and Siargo Island on Monday, but canceled when something else came up. We may make it yet.

We are also planning to burn up some of our Mabuhay miles by going to Manila and  maybe another trip to Hong Kong later. Planning on taking the ferry to Cebu and Bohol. Travel is a bit tough with a little one.

I am trying to find a Magic Sing karaoke microphone so we can compete with some of the “smoooooooth” crooners around here.

I am trying to learn Tagalog and Cebuano. Picked up a few useful phrases like, “Gamay ug lagay!” ;o)))

Dave H.

Jimbo
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Just For Fun..., posted by Dave H on Oct 12, 2005

Hi Dave,

I'm jealous too.  Sounds like you're having great fun over there.  Maybe the little one will feel better out at places like Camiguin and Bohol.

Go easy on the Chippy!

Jim

Dave H
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Me too!, posted by Jimbo on Oct 13, 2005

Hi Jim,

Had some "fun" last night driving the motorcycle downtown on Montilla Blvd. Unlighted and poorly lighted tricycles and motorized tricycads were going all over the place. With the smoke and darkness, they were often not visable until the last second. =8oO I think I will stick to driving in the daytime from now on. Now I know why Filipinos are constantly on the horn! I had to flash the high beam and hit the horn half of the time. I used bigger vehicles to block when I could.  

There are a lot of viruses, dengue fever, and typhoid going around at the moment. We are looking for a larger piece of land to build on. We want a less congested area on the outskirts of town, but are considering Bohol and CDO as well.

I have to cut back on the Chippy, otap, and pan de sal! ;o)

Say hi to Sally for us. I almost got slipped a fish head in the soup the other day! 8oQ

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Dave,

I’m glad to hear that you are having fun and finding things to keep the adrenaline pumping. Sorry to hear that you ran into a fence with your bike. Was the fence O.K.?

If you decide to make that swim across the river with the crocs, be sure and get some photos for Stephen, video would be better. Let us know how the Butuan crocodiles compare to those Flodida gators that you are used to swimming with.

How do you cook a 15-ft python? Did they put the whole thing on a big stick and take turns holding it over the fire? :-) I guess python sinugba would go good with San Miguel beer.

So you almost made it to Siargao? I missed it on my last trip because the damn boat left 3 hours early. Don’t ever trust having reserved seat tickets in the Phils! I think that Sept-Oct is usually the high season for surfing at Siargao so it could be difficult to find some digs to stay in at the beaches.

Have you guys been to Camiguin Island yet? It’s nice for a short weekend trip. I think the Lanzones Festival might be this month(?). If you do go, make damn sure that you have lunch on the lagoon at J&A Fishpen! Outstanding seafod!

Happy krack-e-okie singing,

Ray

P.S.  I didn’t drink all of those 60 bottles of Tanduay. I gave half of them away as gifts :-)

Dave H
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Just For Fun..., posted by Ray on Oct 13, 2005

Hi Ray,

...hipppp... You had me worried for a minute. LOL

Actually, I was walking and carrying my daughter when I hit the fence with my head. The fence survived, but I probably owe them a new nail. LOL

My brother-in-law says the crocs are further up river now...but you never know! A couple of years ago when I was here, I was watching the TV news and saw two young girls cut out of a huge crocs stomach somewhere in the PI...nothing like the TV news in Philippines! Shocked( I don't think Florida gators can compete!

Te snake was divided up and cooked over a fire, sipping Red Horse and "week-old" Tanduay. Shocked)

We were going to travel to Siargao with some staff from a local hotel. They have several hotels on the island, including a real cool looking primitive one that isn't open yet. We have to go to CDO soon, so plan on spending some time on Camiguin Island. I will definately check out J&A Fishpen! Thanks!

Dave H.

Keith NC
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi Dave,

Good to see that you are enjoying your stay in Butuan City.  Hopefully Anecita and I will be able to spend more than two weeks at a time there in the very near future.  

Watch out for those rusty nails and keep us updated on how things are going in Butuan City and any where else you visit.  Glad your doing well.

Keith

Dave H
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I am jealous!  , posted by Keith NC on Oct 12, 2005

Hi Keith,

We were planning on spending a little over 4 months here, but will likely return after about 2, since our daughter(2) has gotten sick several times. We eventually plan to move here. Our doctor says that foreign born childrens' immunities improve at around 7.

Dave H.

Jimbo
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Man, that was terrible.  In our house no less.  Not having Rodney in there really showed.

Well, it's a long season.  Congrats to the Bolts.  Enjoy it while you can Ray :-)

It ain't easy being on top, everybody's gunning for you.  I remember the Dallas dynasty and how much I hated hearing about "America's Team."

Now we've got Atlanta and then Denver on the road!  Let's see how the Champions bounce back!!

Jim

Keith NC
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Keith NC]

Ray,

Anybody but the Patriots.  Sorry Jimbo.  My Carolina Panthers beat them two weeks ago.  I have a friend that is a die hard Patriots fan.  He is still depressed about it.  

Is Phillip Rivers getting any playtime with the Chargers?  He set a lot of records at North Carolina State.  I guess he is back up to Drew Brees.  

Keith

Jimbo
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hey Jimbo!, posted by Keith NC on Oct 2, 2005

Hi Keith,

I don't know about bad blood with the Panthers.  That was a great superbowl - well played and exciting.  I like the Panthers, and San Diego too ever since the bombs-away days of Dan Fouts!

When I think about bad blood I think:  Red Sox / Yankees.  The Red Sox finally took out those over-paid bums last year, four straight after dropping the first three.  It was wonderful... well, maybe not for Hoda - sorry guy, but actually, not really :-)

Jim

Jim

Keith NC
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Hey Jimbo!, posted by Jimbo on Oct 4, 2005

[This message has been edited by Keith NC]

Hi Jim,

I was just teasing about the bad blood.  It was a hell of a game though.  I am biased because I am a Panther fan. But I would have to say that it will go down as one of the best SuperBowls ever played.  It came down to who had the ball last and was able to score.  The Patriots were the better team that night.  The Dallas Cowboys were always my number one team until Charlotte landed the Carolina Panthers.  I am still a Cowboy fan.  My Dad loves the Redskins so were are always butting heads when they play each other.

Do you think the Red Sox will win again this year?  I am an Altanta Braves fan but I don't have much faith for them in the playoffs.  They always have a great regular season but then they choke in the playoffs.  

Keith

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: