Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 06:51:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medical Exams in Kiev for K1  (Read 79778 times)
geh
« on: September 09, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Okay, I have met a very beautiful and respectful woman from Kharkov on the internet -- no scam, no worries.  I have emailed her (both of us have sent messages everyday for 2 months), talked to her on the phone (I have her home, work and parents phone number and I have called her twice a week for the last month & she even called me once), sent a flowers and post card to her apartment, and received numerous photos (even of her parents, sister, brother-in-law, cat, dog, etc).  We will be meeting in Kiev in November and then likely starting the dreaded K1 process.  I was wondering if anyone can tell me the cost of the medical exam in Kiev for the K1 visa?  What form of payment do they accept -- cash (USD or Hr), check, money order, Master Card?  More to come! ..... Gene
Stevo
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Medical Exams in Kiev for K1, posted by geh on Sep 9, 2005

getting engaged IF it works out after the face-to-face.

EVERYONE is different, and what method works for one will not work for another.

I went the way you are going, and it was successful for me.  Would I recommend it as the best approach for most people?  Probably not, but only YOU can tell what approach will work best for YOU.

Good luck to you.

LP
?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to You CAN fall in love before meeting and ..., posted by Stevo on Sep 11, 2005

So one can fall in love before meeting and plan to get married if it works out after the face to face?

I'm almost at a loss for words regarding the profoundness of that statement. Lemme guess: You must be a Republican Wink

Stevo
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to ?, posted by LP on Sep 11, 2005

ggg
Streetwise
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Did I understand correctly, that you have not yet met this woman in person but already you are gearing up for marriage? Or maybe I missed something???
geh
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Medical Exams in Kiev for K1, posted by Streetwise on Sep 9, 2005

Three things in response.

First, by nature I am a planner.  I always look to the future.  If one understands the road that must be traveled, the road at least feels smoother in the long run.  My question was merely informational -- for budgetary planning.  Plus, I am going to be in KIev and can look into the location of the facilities if necessary and ask any questions that may come to mind.

Second, by nature I am also an optimist.  After corresponding with over 100 women over the last year, I humbly believe I have a good sense about Russian women -- despite the fact that I have just joined this forum.  I have had one American witch in my life and do not wish to have another -- where ever she comes from.  I have been through enough crap in my life that I think I can smell it from a mile away.  So far, no crap.

Third, I am not an idiot.  No, I have not asked her to marry me.  At this point I'd say the odds are 65/35.  I will spend 15 days with her in November.  I think I will have a good idea after that.

Thanks for your concern.

Beattledog
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Medical Exams in Kiev for K1, posted by geh on Sep 9, 2005

just be careful and cautios.  Do not be swayed, because of her breasts and other feminine assets.

Beattledog

Streetwise
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Medical Exams in Kiev for K1, posted by geh on Sep 9, 2005

I see where you are coming from; if you start the K1 process now, assuming it's a slow process, you will still have time to visit her several times before finally taking the plunge (I presume that would be the plan) and you an always cancel the application if things aren't working out. However, I hope they do and I wish you all the best.
LP
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

...I said no text!

Globetrotter
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sigh....n/t, posted by LP on Sep 9, 2005

Now, let me get this straight....he has not met her yet, (although he's emailed her for a whole 2 months) and when he meets her, he's not thinking about asking her to marry him......but he's already looking into how to marry her?

I must be missing something!  Let me guess....he's 46, and she's 22.  Gee, sounds like our mad scientist/retired professor, does it not?  

Can you spell "dependency?"

Hey man, all the best, God Bless.

PS: Have a bullet proof prenup in effect when you pull the trigger!

geh
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Sigh....n/t, posted by Globetrotter on Sep 10, 2005

No, wrong guess.  I'm 46 and she is 33.  I live in a college town in the middle of nowhere.  If I wanted a 22 year old, all would have to do is go to the local Walmart and pick one out like I select tomatoes.

No, wrong guess.  I'm not a mad scientist/professor.  I am an applied physicist/engineer and amateur historian -- and -- she is also an applied physicist.  What is the difference?  During the Manhattan Project, the theoretical physicists screwed around making the bomb for 4.5 years with countless number of failures.  An applied physicist came in and in two months explained how to make the thing work using orbital compression.  Then, despite the fact that the scientists pondered the theoretical argument that using the bomb would be logically unwise because they might ignite the atmosphere and destroy the world, the applied physicists got pissed off that the war against the rising sun was dragging on so long and costing Americans countless number of lives and convinced them to get off their philosophical and conceptual duffs and drop the damn bomb to end all the BS.  Months later all the soldiers came home and started getting on with their lives -- the atmosphere never ignited and the world did not come to an end.

More practically speaking, if you had been married to the American witch that I was married to and then taken through the courts backwards dragged by the backside, you would understand that I will not go through this again.  I think I have been screwed in every possible legal position possible in custody and support -- and I am not rich.  I have been to court so many times that my lawyer advised me to dismiss him because I had learned and gained so much legal experience that I didn't need him anymore.  Plus, I now personally know both Circuit Court judges in my county and have gained the personal respect of the Family Court judge -- the one Circuit Judge offered to write me a reference if I needed one to go to law school.  So, yes I do know how to write an iron clad prenup.  I said I was not an idiot.

Get the parallel here?Huh  Some of us do not need 4.5 years to figure out whether to marry someone -- so, please be constructive with your advise.  All I wanted to know is how much the medical exam cost -- not all the theoretically pessimistic advice about how to choose a wife (I have read all of yours and LPs comments of pessimism and "I call them as I see them -- give me a break!!! -- are you guys happily married to FSU brides?).  If you live in a glass house you shouldn't throw stones at your neighbor -- especially if he is an applied physicist.  I had hoped that this forum would be a useful source of information.  Maybe I was wrong!!!!!!!!

AllenB
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Sigh....n/t, posted by geh on Sep 10, 2005

There are those here to learn.

There are those here to help.

There are those here that have nothing better than belittle others to make themselves seem more superior.

I will not judge you but simply answer your question.

There are two U.S. sanctioned places to have a medical done.  As I remember the American doctor was $100.00 and not very popular while the Ukrianian Oil Ministry Hospital was $75.00 and very popular.

To be most accurate I would suggest searching the site www.uscis.gov for the most up to date information.

If you don't mind me asking, have you decided on a hotel or flat in Kyiv?

LP
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Sigh....n/t, posted by AllenB on Sep 14, 2005

[This message has been edited by LP]

...It takes all kinds. Thin skinned, thick skinned, those who are superior but humble themselves, those who are but don't, on and on. It even takes hypocrites who judge some but not others. The hard truth is we're not all equal and not a one of us is perfect...and that's the way it should be.

geh
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Sigh....n/t, posted by AllenB on Sep 14, 2005

Thanks for the info.

I am planning to rent an apartment part of the time in Kiev from Kiev Hotel Apartment Service.  The other part of the time I will be in Kharkov at my friends flat.

geh

AllenB
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Sigh....n/t, posted by geh on Sep 14, 2005

I have not used that particular service but I just wanted to send you a word of caution that many, if not most, apartment services use bait and switch tactics.  Be ware that it is illegal for them to ask for a deposit via Western Union.  Their own government is aware of their scams.

Unless I book a flat through Jack Bragg at First Dream my family stays in a hotel.

Just my two cents.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: