Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 09:40:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roomate robbed at gunpoint in taxi  (Read 37702 times)
Pete E
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A proposal, posted by Bueller on Jan 10, 2006

You can always phone a taxi,thats what we do from the apartment,then there is a record of who picked you up.But its tempting just to flag a cab when there are so many on the street.I have done it hundreds of times.Its pretty well known not to do this from Juanchita there have been so many robberies.But maybe Avenida Sexta is the next best place for a cabbie would be ladrone to work.
I think I will just be picky what cab I grab coming back late from a place like Avenida Sexta.
I guess there is a US army officer assigned to Cali to work on crime,a major we are told.Beatriz has been playing phone tag with him,we are trying to get together today.He might have alot of imformation.
Also,my girlfriends mother lives in Belacario Calceda.Siloe,one of the worst barrios in Cali is right up the hill.I was there new years eve wastching kids set off fireworks in the street.Its probably the most dangerous thing I do going there but never a problem so far.Last week the house got burgurised,some guys came in from the roof,the 3rd floor is an open balcony.Beatriz's mother,brother and sister live there.The sister wants to find another place to live and rent the house.They have owned the house many years,Beatriz grew up there,which is hard to immagine,I was thinking about her playing on the sidewalk there.But they did OK,4 of the 6 kids are proffesionals.

Pete

fathertime
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A proposal, posted by Bueller on Jan 10, 2006

That sounds like a very productive use of this board to me
fathertime
fathertime
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Roomate robbed at gunpoint in taxi, posted by Pete E on Jan 10, 2006

Thanks for the story.  I am way to careless with the amount of $ I carry when I am in the taxi.  I am going to have to rethink how much money I carry but then the question is where to put it.  I always avoid the atm machines since I like to have immediate access with the hassle.
fathertime
zack
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Roomate robbed at gunpoint in taxi, posted by Pete E on Jan 10, 2006

That is darnright scary considering how many times I have flaggged a taxi in Colombia.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: