Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 09:26:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Child support to the Philippines  (Read 88023 times)
panther
« on: November 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Anyone know how the California courts handle child support?   If the wife takes the child to the Philippines and I file for divorce here in California would the amount of child support be based on the cost of living in the Philippines?  Could my wife and I agree on our own amount?  I don't think it is fair to have the father deprived of his child and be expected to pay huge child support to the Philippines.  My wife said she will go and won't ask for support.  I will pay support for the child because I believe I am morally obligated.  I just don't want to spend more than what I think is fair for me. We were married here in California.  My wife wants to return to the Philippines.
greg
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Child support to the Philippines, posted by panther on Nov 19, 2001

Hi! Can you share Your story? thanks, Peabody
Stephen
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Child support to the Philippines, posted by panther on Nov 19, 2001

PANTHER:

My wife said she will go and won't ask for support

STEPHEN:

It makes no difference what your wife says.  Child support is not something that a parent can waive...it is the child's right.

That means that your wife can put on her Mother Teresa suit and promise you the moon.  But just as soon as she gets what she wants then she can put the screws to you.

Remember....this is divorce.  Don't expect her to be truthful.

ALSO....don't let you kid out of the country if you want to have any part in her life.  Your wife know that it will take your permission to get the child out of the USA.  But once she gets the child out of the state, then she has you where she wants.

I'm a california lawyer.  You better take care.

Stephen

Ray
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Child support to the Philippines, posted by Stephen on Nov 19, 2001

:-)
panther
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Child support to the Philippines, posted by Stephen on Nov 19, 2001

I respect your advice.  Should I be seeking a family law attorney or an immigration attorney?  Are there some that specialize in both?  The family law attorney I spoke to today didn't impress me with his knowledge of immigration matters.  How does one go about picking a good lawyer for a situation like this? I agree with what you and others are saying about keeping the baby in the country.
greg
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Stephen is Right. Do not allow your Daughter to leave the States. Once they are in the Philippines, you may never see her again. My Pinoy Son is here, I would never dream of taking him back to the Philippines, becuz his Mom is still there and she may never allow him to leave again. You need a Lawyer to help you keep your daughter here, also I do not care what others say. But your daughter will not be treat special in RP, whatever money you send to your wife will be used for her family circle, your daughter will just be one of the family, nothing special. For example if her family has a problem and needs money, your wife's going to use your daughter's money. I thank God everyday that my Son is here living a good life. If You want the best for your Child, then you better fight to keep her here.  Mr Peabody
NoNamePinay
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Child support to the Philippines, posted by greg on Nov 20, 2001

of would never dream to take your son back to the Philippines?Huh because your son's mother is still there. Your son's mother trusted you to bring your son here in the US why don't you do the same to her? I don't think that is fair to his mother.
Me and my daughter stayed in the Philippines for over 3 months vacation and all my family love and treated her special there.

If you want the best for your child, then let him/her grow up with both parents (mother and father) even the parents are divorce/separated let the kid enjoy having both father and mother part of his life.

greg
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Greg what do you mean...?, posted by NoNamePinay on Nov 20, 2001

I filed two Visas for my Son's Mother, she failed both. I do not know if I want to try a 3rd time, she's upset that I made no serious effort to bring her here after my Son's arrival. I would love to take our Son to visit her, but I feel that once he's back there, her family circle would try to keep him there. Your correct that our Son needs both Parents, I would love to take him to visit her, but as I said, theres a possibly that he wouldn't be allowed to leave RP. My Son is doing excellent here, if he was there in the Philippines then his Mother would use the child support for her family and not him. I understand that the Filipinos feel that the child should be with the Mother, thats not the case here in America. The best Parent should take care of the child, and since I can put him first in my life, then I should care for him. He's recieving top medical care, schooling, lotssss of Love. In the Philippines he would just be one of the children in their big family, no special treatment. Btw, I generously send his Mommie an allowance averaging $175 monthly, she does nothing, but she's always broke..Why??? Go figure it out..How can she take good care of my Son on a good allowance when she cannot even take care of her ownself? Read Howards Post about why the child should be in the States, makes sense. Here he's my baby King lol ..Mr Peabody
Mars
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hi! NonamePinay, posted by greg on Nov 20, 2001

You're doing the right thing Greg. You're a smart cookie!
Mars
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Greg what do you mean...?, posted by NoNamePinay on Nov 20, 2001

......Because the mother is a nut case and has threatened her own life and the childs. Are you brain dead? Sheesh!
NoNamePinay
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Why keep the kid?HuhHuhHuh.........., posted by Mars on Nov 20, 2001

do you have any proof that she is really a nut case? you only heard from the other side no evidence...am I a brain dead how about you???
Mars
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Why keep the kid?HuhHuhHuh.........., posted by NoNamePinay on Nov 20, 2001

Let's see a raise of hands. Who think she is a nut case?
NoNamePinay
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Take a vote......, posted by Mars on Nov 20, 2001

I see only one hand raise 'YOURS' Cheesy

Mars, you seems like you hate the world. I was just asking Greg about his comment to his son's mother and you're the one there so quick to answer my question and accusing me of dead brain? Peace

Mars
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Take a vote......, posted by NoNamePinay on Nov 20, 2001

No..I don't hate the world but I do deeply dislike women like Howards wife and Panther's who use good people in their ridiculous pursuit of instant gratification and who knows what else. These type of women need to be dumped and dumped hard and not given any slack. They have no consideration for anyone but themselves. I have been on this board for a few years longer than most. My conclusion? Go to China, Japan or Taiwan if you want an Asian wife. Avoid the Philippines at all costs. Seems like all the women there are trouble. There are exceptions though as many here can attest. It is my personal view, of course. Take it or leave it.
Ray
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Take a vote......, posted by Mars on Nov 20, 2001

...where you are coming from and why you sound so hateful toward these women whom you don't even know.

It's because they are Filipina, right? It is quite obvious from this post of yours. Prejudice is never pretty.

Ray

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: