Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 20, 2024, 01:18:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Child support to the Philippines  (Read 88492 times)
Mars
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Now I think I understand..., posted by Ray on Nov 20, 2001

Look deeper Ray. I gathered what I know of Filipinas from the experts and experienced vets right here at Planet Love. All one needs to do is read all the posts here with all the guys that have problems with Filipinas. Screaming prejudice or labeling someone prejudice is always an easy way out. It saves the person the embarressment of showing everyone how little intelligence he possesses. Good Luck.
Ray
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Now I think I understand..., posted by Mars on Nov 20, 2001

You may be right about my lack of intelligence, but it doesn't take a genious to see through your obvious dislike for Filipina women.

Good luck to you.

Ray

Mars
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Now I think I understand..., posted by Ray on Nov 21, 2001

The difference...I dislike what appears to be their behavior in general so I "prefer" not to be involved with one. Prejudice is an entirely different thing i.e hatred towards an entire race. and you should learn the difference before you start hog calling prejuduce when someone does not share your point of view. What I possess is "preference", not prejudice...and you're right, it shouldn't take a genius to see prejudice...but even you should know the difference between the two.
Ray
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The Difference, posted by Mars on Nov 21, 2001

Mars, first let me state that I have never had anything against you personally and I respect your right to express your opinions just like everyone else here, so there’s no need to be insulting. Yes, I do know the difference between preference and prejudice. And no, I don’t call people prejudiced because they don’t share my point of view. If you have been reading my posts for the last 3 years you should know that.

I guess I owe you an explanation for my using the term prejudice, which I do not use lightly. I don’t see you post here very frequently, but I was a little surprised by some of your responses in the recent discussions. I can accept the fact that you may be very opinionated and strongly present your case, and there is nothing wrong with that. But frankly, I found some of your comments quite insulting and somewhat arrogant. While others took a position similar to yours, you were the only one making personal attacks on those with opposing views. Your responses implied that only those that agreed with you were sane (“Another sane voice in the wilderness”), other’s opinions were worthless (“Screw all the rest of the advice here”), you’re better or more intelligent than others (“Are you brain dead?”, “I just am a vocal guy that sees the truth a little clearer than most”), and other insulting remarks (“Sheesh!”), etc. Overall, I would say that your behavior in these discussions was not exactly civil or in line with a rational debate in my opinion.

It’s not so much that those things bothered me unduly, but some of the remarks you made about the women under discussion just made no sense to me and you seemed he11 bent on destroying their reputations. Why so fired up and passionate about someone whom you never met? I just figured that you were being rather harsh on them because of your past experiences with women. But then you jumped on a Filipina poster (NoNamePinay) for no apparent reason, calling her brain dead. It was you next response to her that I found prejudiced against Filipina women. The comments “Avoid the Philippines at all costs” and “Seems like all the women there are trouble” fit the definition of prejudice in my book. I would have no problem if you said something like “I prefer Chinese or Japanese women over Filipinas”, and I would agree that such a statement would be expressing your ‘preference’. But your comments were quite negative, hurtful, and derogatory, hence expressing a ‘prejudice’ against Filipinas in general. But I did not find your comments to be in the realm of bigoted or racist, just prejudicial.

I should stress that it was your ‘comments’ that I found prejudiced. I don’t know you personally and I can’t and won’t label you as a prejudiced person. If that was implied by my remarks, then I apologize, in the interest of keeping the peace here.

All I ask is that we respect each other’s opinions here and debate the issues in a civil manner.

Peace,

Ray

Mars
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The Difference, posted by Ray on Nov 21, 2001

Apology Accepted Ray. I apologize to you too. I mean what I say when I post but I am too strong worded at times.
Jeff S
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

NoNamePinay
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Mr. Ray,
Thank You very much!!! I really appreciate it.
I don't know what Mars problem but I hope He won't take on all Filipinas because of one Filipina is bad
it doesn't mean that all Filipinas are bad. He is the first and only person who called me brain dead. He don't know nothing about me so I don't care.
Actually, my hubby always said to me that I'm smart maybe he only say that because he's my hubby Smiley).

I like reading all your posts because you always give a great advice and ideas.

NNP

Mars
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: The Difference, posted by NoNamePinay on Nov 21, 2001

Please noname.... quit trying to milk sympathy. You took my post way out of context. You act as though your ears are virgin to this type of talk but I know that that is nonsense and so do you. CHill out and relax. No offense was meant by the "brain dead" comment. Sometimes things are said like that here in America and nothing is meant by it. If you are living here or you are going to live here soon, you might want to develope a thicker skin. You seem to be the type of person who starts yelling out loud and pointing saying: "Look what he did to me"!!!!!!!! Enuff said. Don't bother posting a response as it won't be read by me.
kevin
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Now I think I understand..., posted by Mars on Nov 20, 2001

And it also encourages those of whatever group it is, associated with deviant behavior, to play the race (or gender) card to get away with things non-members would not be able to get away with.

- Kevin

Ray
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Take a vote......, posted by Mars on Nov 20, 2001

What is this? Psychiatry by Internet poll? Should we also take a vote to see if she should be executed at sunrise?

Why such a passionate desire to break up all these marriages? Are you on some kind of a mission? Just curious, that’s all.

Ray

Dave H
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Take a vote......, posted by Mars on Nov 20, 2001

in case you want to burn her at the stake. You seem to have plenty of lighter fluid.

Dave H.

Mars
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I've got some firewood..., posted by Dave H on Nov 20, 2001

I said Vote. v-o-t-e
greg
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I've got some firewood..., posted by Mars on Nov 20, 2001

I vote that you just Chill..Your Posts sound mean spirited. Loosen Up..
Mars
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I've got some firewood...Mars, posted by greg on Nov 20, 2001

No mean spirit here....Just 20-20 vision.
Dave H
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I've got some firewood..., posted by Mars on Nov 20, 2001

that you get evaluated...you're nuts!

Dave H.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: