Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 16, 2024, 02:54:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Felicity Grabiel,book on gringos & latinas  (Read 30072 times)
Heat
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Have you gone bezerk?, posted by Michael B on Jun 19, 2005

I said nothing about her sexual orientation or activities, nothing about her appearance and nothing about her grooming habits. I don’t know what they are. Unless you specifically bring it up, I won’t say anything about yours either. ""

Do you see how see baits you into this.  You were one hundred percent right.

DavidMN
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Have you gone bezerk?, posted by Michael B on Jun 18, 2005

Pete, This academic researcher might be smart and interesting to talk to, but don't you wonder about her 'friendship' with your former wife? If the researcher has been following PL for five years or more, surely she has (or could) dig up all your old comments about sexual practices with your ex-wife, your "thinking out loud" about leaving behind a house that was about to be foreclosed on, etc, etc.

As the saying goes..."Nothing good can come of this"

Pete E
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Have you gone berserk?, posted by DavidMN on Jun 18, 2005

I withheld nothing in my story.It was there for all to read.Anybody who missed it,archives October 2003.She did complement me for being brutally honest.
I did what I did.All comments are welcome.I will read them at least once.
I am interested in her take on it.We might learn something about the chicas in this process.
I hope she realises Chicas is not a bad word here.Probably get you stoned at UCSC.

Pete

beenthere
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Everybody who read it knows it all, posted by Pete E on Jun 18, 2005

the best and easiest way to learn about the chicas is to learn to speak Spanish fluently (not picking on you Pete)...I don't need a left wing femi-nazi teaching me about latinas (or chicas as you put it), just like I don't need one teaching me about gringas...
Pete E
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Everybody who read it knows it all, posted by beenthere on Jun 18, 2005

Even if your spanish is good they may never tell you things another woman could get them to admit.
We might learn something here.

Pete

beenthere
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Everybody who read it knows it a..., posted by Pete E on Jun 19, 2005

how do we know it's the truth after the femi-nazi twists it???  She has one agenda only...her "research" will never be un-biased...
Pete, you'd be very surprised at some of the things agency girls have told me...and also the girls who work at the agencies...
Felinessa
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to but..., posted by beenthere on Jun 19, 2005

"how do we know it's the truth after the femi-nazi twists it??? She has one agenda only...her "research" will never be un-biased..."

See, that's the kind of attitude that drives me nuts: "after the Femi-nazi twists it," as if you can have any certainty until you actually read something; "she has one agenda" (as if you read anything she wrote or know anything about her as an individual, rather than as a stereotype); "research" in quotation marks to show that the work of a PhD means nothing because she is a woman; "will never be un-biased," again, as if knew anything about her methodology and subjected her works to careful scrutiny.

So much loaded content in one short sentence ... Thank God not every man out there is like you.

beenthere
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: but..., posted by Felinessa on Jun 19, 2005

#1.  the fact that I'm driving you nuts just made my day...

#2.  who are the ones scrutinizing her works??  yes, her fellow, left wing femi-nazis

#3.  like I have posted in the past here, PhD's come a dime a dozen...that doesn't impress me, nor does a study from a PhD prove that it is true and unbiased.  I could probably do a google search right now and find studies done by PhDs that have proven to be biased and plain out fraudulent.

#4.  with all due respect Felinessa, you know zero about these women (latinas), their culture, and their way of thinking.

But I do respect your opinions and I do hope you can respect mine...enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

DavidMN
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Everybody who read it knows it all, posted by Pete E on Jun 18, 2005

I took a Women's Studies class in college. It was supposed to be an easy way to pick up some humanities credits. I think the professor hated that there were two or three guys in the class, she couldn't kick us out, and thus was forced to tone down her daily rants. Our opinions were always wrong and afterwards we compared grades. We all received C's or D's. Haha.

I learned some things but if my introduction was indicative of women's studies as a serious academic 'discipline' I can understand why some newspaper editorial writers bemoan the atmosphere of political correctness and quasi-scientific 'research' so common on today's college campuses.

Pete E
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Getting stoned at UCSC, posted by DavidMN on Jun 18, 2005

I told Felicity a story about group think and political correcteness I had experienced in a University class.The proffesor,a department head,was ANYTHING but open minded.
Her answers convinced me that she did not approve of that type of teaching.

Pete

papi
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Getting stoned at UCSC, posted by DavidMN on Jun 18, 2005

was it just an easy way to pick up credits? sounds like a brilliant plan to meet some babes. One time when I was younger and better looking I walked in a bar in Corpus Christi Texas. This has never happened to me before but there was 3 guys and 50 hot women. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. There is a lot to be said about favorable ratios. Unfortunately, according to some recent reports on US demographics – we are f..d (unless of course we venture south)
caslug
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Getting stoned at UCSC, posted by papi on Jun 18, 2005

We'll i do remember getting stoned at UCSC, but it was with green stuff..  Picking chicks in women studies classes is not easy.  Because all the stuff we read in class was about women exp and oppression by males(mostly whites) in history.  So if you're male(esp white) you're busy ducking incoming flak.  Since i was one of those devil advocate, the other militant female in class love to mix it up.  I recall most of the guys kept their head down.  I did give as good as i got, actually the professor gave me high marks(we didn't have grades at santa cruz) in class.

What i thought was funny was after graduation, many of those hardcore fem students integrated back into a male dominated society and became "feminine", got good paying jobs, never again helped their oppress "sisters".  On of my ex an major feminist in college, got married to some rich boy and became a mom, not even working.  Ironic because on thing feminist strive for is equality in the workforce.  I had more respect for some female student that kept their conviction/belief and ended working in women right type organization or charity.  

Pete E
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Have you gone bezerk?, posted by Michael B on Jun 18, 2005

Sometimes that might apply.Hopefully not in this case,but we will see.She will write it with or without our help,so why not try to tell our story the best we can?
From all I have heard victim does not apply at all here.She is suppposed to be very sharp lady.
We will see.I am not worried.

Pete

wizard
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Felicity Grabiel,book on gringos & l..., posted by Pete E on Jun 17, 2005

NEVER TALK TO THE PRESS...

They have a way of making you feel comfortable during the interviews... Then, when the story hits print, you're wondering WTF happened as they put their own spin on your words & actions... Been there, done that...

You've been warned...

Hoda
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to One rule..., posted by wizard on Jun 18, 2005

[This message has been edited by Hoda]

Good news, doesn't sell s**t Pete! While you're being stroked with one hand....the other has the dagger, ready & willing! It's your right Pete, but I would check with people first, before allowing this lady into their lives!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: