Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 16, 2024, 12:40:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Felicity Grabiel,book on gringos & latinas  (Read 30068 times)
Felinessa
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Check out her re..., posted by buster40 on Jun 19, 2005

I WAS JOKING!!!!
buster40
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Check out he..., posted by Felinessa on Jun 19, 2005

OK, I'm with ya.  I had a sensitive moment.  It's over now.
Avispa
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Check out her resume....., posted by Felinessa on Jun 19, 2005

You have remarkably excellent English for someone from Eastern Europe. The phrase "Jack shit" would only come from a native English speaker.

I read you have an interest in the "mail order bride business". The use of this term exposes someone's agenda.
You're a smart woman, surely you can understand there is no such thing. You can't order a bride through a catalog.

SO, tell us, is being on this forum part of your research for your degree?

Felinessa
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Check out her resume....., posted by Avispa on Jun 19, 2005

"The use of this term exposes someone's agenda."

Wow, thank you for legitimizing the passtime that boggles all my friends' minds. Unfortunately, the only agenda I have is to kill time.  Oh, and I'm secretly jealous of the MOBs who milk unsuspecting Westerners and then marry their way here. I wish I'd have thought of that, but my parents taught me otherwise.

"SO, tell us, is being on this forum part of your research for your degree?"

Absolutely not, for a number of reasons:

1. Researchers should not participate, but observe.
2. If they participate, in order for their results to be ethical, they have to announce their presence.
3. My research is on representations of medieval women in the work of Renaissance women in England.

It's kind of funny that people are getting paranoid (I can almost hear some people thinking: "BS!! She's Grabiel Research Assistant from Hell, and she's trying to pull the wool over our eyes), but I honestly have nothing to do with this.  It's just a hobby, albeit, I admit, a strange one.

Felinessa
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Check out her resume....., posted by Avispa on Jun 19, 2005

[This message has been edited by Felinessa]

This message was deleted
beenthere
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Check out her resume....., posted by Cali James on Jun 17, 2005

Thanks for the info Cali James...

Pete, if you think her book is going to be unbiased, well...tread lightly my friend.  Can anyone say "femin-nazi"??

Pete E
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Check out her resume....., posted by beenthere on Jun 17, 2005

I don't think so.

Pete

Heat
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Check out her resume....., posted by Pete E on Jun 18, 2005

God Pete  you don't think she has an anti man agenda?  Come on.....
beenthere
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Check out her resume....., posted by Pete E on Jun 18, 2005

Hey Pete, I've got some good ocean front property in Buga to sell you...
Heat
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Check out her resume....., posted by beenthere on Jun 18, 2005

n/t
beenthere
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I'll bet she's a carpet muncher,,,,,,n/t, posted by Heat on Jun 18, 2005

oh...no doubt...

but then again, maybe Calipro can work his magic on her at the TLC social and get her to change her ways...LOL
just don't post any pics CP!!

Pete E
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Check out her resume....., posted by Cali James on Jun 17, 2005

I don't have a problem with her resume.I won't convict her of guilt by asociation.I do get concerned about comformity within her circles of activity.Anything with feminism attached to it sets off a bell in my head that fears radical feminism.
But lets give her a chance.Why not just be open to the world and let it fall out?
Actually I did suggest she talk to you and Leyda.I don't remember giving phone numbers.You serious?Why not talk to her?You are a great source of history on Cali.And Leyda is an excellent example of the best that we can do with no negative for her.Plus there is that other angle on my situation the chicas know better than us.

Pete

Cali James
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I looked at that, posted by Pete E on Jun 17, 2005

I was just joking more than anything.  I'd probably talk to her.

Pete E
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I looked at that, posted by Cali James on Jun 17, 2005

James,
Good.I know you and from what I have heard about her you will hit it off.

Pete

Jamie
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I read one of her articles she seems fair
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: