Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 04, 2024, 01:20:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: some advice & direction, please  (Read 25253 times)
humabdos
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to One of these days.... alright huma!, posted by Stephen on Jun 10, 2001

I was born in Texas but moved when I was 7 so I was spaired to southern accent! I thank God for that eveyday! lol

Ps that makes you an okee! he he he  do you say okee doeky much?  Humabdos

Jimbo
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: One of these days.... al..., posted by humabdos on Jun 9, 2001

Peaches, Huma,

Caves seems to be hurting - they were empty when I was there.  Genesis Divers is at Caves and they were the ones with the three fatalities in the typhoon in October 1999.  The locals told me that the boat went out with six divers in two groups of three.  The weather came up so fast that after they picked up the first three, they couldn't find the other three, even at the surface.

Jim

humabdos
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Caves Resort, posted by Jimbo on Jun 9, 2001

I stayed at the Tree house which the same owner. The guy was a real arse hole he ripped me for p2000. I stayed there 20 days then he dubbled the rent and told me I owed him twice as much as we agreed. When I left without paying him he sent the milatary after me! Finely I had to pay the Jerk.
O well I made him work for it lol hope he's gone! Thats terrible about those divers! What a bummer! I prefer to lay on the beach eating Mangos and counting gecko's while making my skin dark in the sun when the weather is too bad for diving.
    Humabdos

Did you go down to the spot where the hot water comes up in the sea? its before the submerged cemetery. Its called Tangub hot springs

Jimbo
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Caves Resort, posted by humabdos on Jun 9, 2001

Yes, that's in Naasag.  There's a 3 1/2 foot turtle that hangs around there; you can see him on every dive so they gave him a name, Louis.  I saw lots of turtles and most were bigger than Louis, but he was the most friendly.

Jim

alex
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to some advice & direction, please, posted by JBP on Jun 9, 2001

Peace dude, some guys will cut up your message to flame you, that is what they do for fun, don't mind them. Go with the personal listing, it cost more but less hassle. Keep several on a stringer, regardless of what the ladies on the board say, it makes good sense. Visit three, or more, ladies on your trip. Many ladies will show true colors only after several months and many letters, trust me.

Some of these ladies are unwed mothers, have affairs, ex-husbands, just like the AW's, beware. Take your time, and read the board daily.

Good luck
alex

cc
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to some advice & direction, please, posted by JBP on Jun 9, 2001

Yes, there is a better way - don't call it "mail-order-bride", cause that's not what it is. a) you don't find it in the mail, you most likely find it on the internet and b) you don't order a bride, you order an address and that's all! I like to call it "international dating", cause that's what it really is. Rather than meeting someone in your town, you meet someone from a far away place....

How expensive is it? Depends on how you calculate it. When you fly to the Philippines for example, that's a great vacation on its own. You probably shouldn't calculate the travel expenses as part of you "mail-order-expenses". Just my opinion. Your phone bill will probably exceed $100 a month, if you get serious, your fiancee will need a plane ticket to the US and miscellaneous expenses, on the other hand a Wedding in the Philippines is MUCH cheaper than a Wedding in the US. So I would say all in all you break about even! How much do you spend on a single date in the US? For the same amount, you can treat an entire family clan (10-15 people) in the Philippines to a really special evening. Your choice.

How to deal with family/peer disapproval? Tell them to grow up and get a life! And I suspect that they may be far less disapproving than you may think, especially if you avoid this term "mail-order-bride". Just tell them, you have met this wonderful girl on the internet ;-)

Good luck in your endeavours!

PS: When you order addresses, make sure to order only the very latest. "Heart of Asia" and "Cherry Blossoms" are highly recommended. You can expect 30-40% success rate if you order the freshest addresses, 5-10% if you order older ones, especially if the Lady looks attractive. Most of the girls I am corresponding with have received more than 20 letters, some signficantly more!

Stephen
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

JBP:

What kind of cost to be expected in the event of ultimately finding a spouse and having her immigrate here to the U.S?

STEPHEN:

You can spend a little or a lot.  I probably spent about $7,500 from start to finish.  That included getting about 80 names and writing.  It also included all expenses and air fare in my 10 day trip to the philippines and the cost of getting her here to America.  I don't think that's a lot of money.  

People often talk about how expensive this stuff is, but I don't think it that much expense.  

I started in March, 1999.  In April of 2000 I went to the Philippines to see Tess.  I started filling out the paperwork in June and she arrived in Los Angeles in November.  We were married in December, 2000.

JBP:

How to deal with family/peers disapproval of this technique of finding a spouse?

STEPHEN:

Be open with your family.  My kids (adults in their 20's) were kinda surprised.  But I kept talking about it openly with them.  I told them what I was doing and sent them postcards from the Philippines.

Also, if you expect trouble, then you just may get it.  Expect the best.

JBP:

What are the best places to find these women? Some of the websites I've visited do not contain dates when these women have posted their ad. It leaves me wondering how current they are.

STEPHEN:

I think Heart of Asia is good.  Be sure you only use the one who are "New Arrivals" (i.e., 60 days old or less).  You can get fast delivery of names by using a credit card and ordering via internet.

I also liked "Connections Unlimited" (love2cu.com).  YOu can find their site on the Asian site list here on Plannet love.  That's where I met Tess.  I got a lot of goods leads there.  Use a credit card and you can order via internet.

There I got 4 or 5 names from "A Foreign Affair".  

Yes, some of the sites can be out-of-date.  But that comes with the territory.  Do the best you can and just get started.

JBP:

Some stats on myself so those interested can help make a determination as to whether or not I would be a good candidate for a foreign woman:
Height: 5'11", weight: 185lbs. Age: 38. Atheletic build. Overall looks: Huh (I've dated some extremely attracted women before if that's any endorsement. I've had some women throw themselves at me and others snub their noses at me. Let's just say "fair to good".

STEPHEN:

My God, man....you're far better looking than me.  And you should see what a good-looking fox I married.

JBP:

Hopefully, looks aren't all that important.)

STEPHEN:

But you wanna marry a foxy lady, don't you?! (LOL)

JBP:

Religion: Christian/Catholic. Strong family values.

STEPHEN:

Yeah.....I think you're headed for the Philippines.

JBP:

No political affilliation but considered conservative by most.

STEPHEN:

Yeah, but how do you stand on gun control?  

JBP:

I've also noticed that most of the rhetoric in this discussion group pertains to Philipino women. Any comments on this?

STEPHEN:

I think the Phils are a popular place to go because (1) most ladies already speak English; (2) they are much more westernized that other Asian countries; and (3) they are from a Christian background.

FINALLY: These are just my opinions.  Others may feel differently.  I could be wrong, but I haven't been wrong in the last 52 years.

alex
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: some advice & direction, please, posted by Stephen on Jun 9, 2001

Give the guy a break man, what's the deal?
Stephen
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: some advice & direction, ple..., posted by alex on Jun 9, 2001

Be specific as to what you are upset about.

I answered his question and gave good advice.

You need to re-read my post.  You didn't really read my post, did you.

Stephen

cc
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: some advice & direction,..., posted by Stephen on Jun 9, 2001

Stephen, I thought your post was very good and balanced. Alex probably didn't read - that's the only explanation for his nonsense.
alex
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: some advice & direct..., posted by cc on Jun 9, 2001

Go ahead and pick, I don't care. When you pick apart a persons email and cut it up an analyze this is picking, get real. And please enlighten me with your definition of "nonsense" oh great one! Please impress me with your Sage-like wisdom.
jon
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bring on the flames, posted by alex on Jun 10, 2001

Stephen went to great trouble to sepcifically answer the questions point by point rather than bunch it all up in one or more paragraphs and possibly left something out.  He also used some humor, which I think is nice.

Jon

Stephen
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bring on the flames, posted by alex on Jun 10, 2001

Alex:

I didn't analyze his post....I answered it.  Notice that I probably answered more of his questions than others did.

Just admit that you really didn't read my post.  You just jumped to conclusions.

Now you're being defensive about it.  I can understand why you feel so foolish.  Just apoligize and go on.

Best wishes.

Stephen

cc
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: some advice & direction,..., posted by Stephen on Jun 9, 2001

Stephen, I thought your post was very good and accurate. Alex probably didn't read - that's the only explanation for his/her nonsense.
humabdos
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: some advice & direct..., posted by cc on Jun 9, 2001

Anytime CC, Stephen, Hummabdos, And Tito agree it must be true! LOL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: