Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 16, 2024, 08:51:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Our Way Soon  (Read 5952 times)
The Walker
« on: January 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Up getting everything together. We leave on my friend's private jet in about three hours. No commercial flying, no waits, no delays, no security checkpoints or lost luggage.

He called last night and told me we will avoid Venezuela on the way down just to be on the safe side.

Should be in B.A. by early afternoon. Not due to meet anyone important until this evening. Going north to south and later on, vice-versa, we'll have no jet lag to wory about. For you folks in the north, like us, the forecast is for highs in the low to mid 90s and lows in the mid to upper 60s in Buenos Aires, as this is their summer. Vicky can't wait, I am not looking forward to it as my blood is thickened up for winter here. Vicky's blood never does thicken up. She's looking forward to ditching her longjohns for two weeks.

Bye.

Don

Dave H
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to On Our Way Soon, posted by The Walker on Jan 10, 2003

Hi Don and Vicky,

Have a great time! Not much rice (and beans) but the beef is good. Pasta is also big. Watch out for the yerba mate (tea), it turns the teeth green. :oD

Dave H

joemc
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Don,
  Buenos Aires is a great town to be in for food and clothing,
  it's like a European city in South America.
  If you have a chance have your friend with the jet,
  to give you a flight thur the straits of Maegellan.

joemc

Jimbo
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Sounds good Don, have a great trip.

Hmmm, private jet.... next time I'll try that.

(Yea, right ;-))

Jim

Dave H
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: On Our Way Soon, posted by Jimbo on Jan 10, 2003

Hi Jungle Jimbo and Sally,

Welcome back from paradise. I have my new private jet all picked out. Just as soon as I win the big lottery, I'm ordering a Gulfstream G550. We will travel in style! ;-)

Dave H.

Jimbo
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to No Problemo..., posted by Dave H on Jan 10, 2003

Thanks Dave and Ray,

I'd say it's good to be back but it has snowed every day since.  For exercise I've been pushing the snowblower around instead of chasing turtles and cuttlefish :-|

Sally's still there - she'll visit with her family for another week.  So now I'm cold AND lonely :-O

Jim "Winter Wonderland" bo

Dave H
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I knew you'd come through!, posted by Jimbo on Jan 11, 2003

Hey Jimbo,

Why not invite Kevin to stay over for the week. You won't be loney since he can talk out of both ends and has plenty of gas to keep you warm. ROFLMAO!

Dave H.

The Walker
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to No Problemo..., posted by Dave H on Jan 10, 2003

Hey, that's what dad flew out on! One of his Texas cattle baron friends. It even has a picture of a steer on the side, a longhorn I think. It is a face (or at least the outline) of a steer's head face-on with tremendous horns. Smiley

Dad joked he was going to buy one for Vicky, and she said they couldn't afford the fuel. Dad said "Fuel he#l, we couldn't afford the custom paint job!" I got to look inside as I went with them to bring the Suburban back to the ranch. I'll drop in here off and on while they are gone. Dad didn't want to leave the Suburban at the local airport for two weeks. It is a really plush airplane! The pilot told me the seats cost $40,000 apiece all by themselves. It has a bar and a restroom and some bunks, but the seats all fully recline for sleeping too. You can stand up in it, if you are not too tall. The seats are all leather and they are power recline and heated and air conditioned with a control in the arm. They all have LCD tv screens that fold up out of the other arm. The owner has internet access and satellite tv and telephones and all of it. I bet it cost him over $20 million, but he really uses it. He flies to Moscow and Taiwan and France and Germany and Italy and even to Australia, dad said.

Well. I had better go. I am staying the night here but going home tomorrow. I will stop in from time to time at dad's and if he has any messages I'll put them on here.

Bye!

Dave H
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: No Problemo..., posted by The Walker on Jan 10, 2003

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

At $40,000, I couldn't afford to buy 1 seat...let alone fly in it! LOL That is a great plane with a very long range.

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: On Our Way Soon, posted by Jimbo on Jan 10, 2003

...they would let you ride along next time if you offer to pay for the gas :-)

Welcome home Jimbo & Sally!

Ray

SteveB
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Maybe..., posted by Ray on Jan 10, 2003

He would have to wear a blindfold,,can't reveal who Don is ,,,ya know..lol...

Steveb

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: