Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 16, 2024, 07:54:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January 11th  (Read 6040 times)
Jeff S
« on: January 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

With deft movements of her paper crested stick and wails of an ancient dialect unspoken for thousands of years, Mizumura-san, the Shinto priestess, vanquished the demons from the tatami room in a final act of cleansing the space. The bride, in her red and gold kimono and the groom in his formal kimono with the crests of a 20 generation old samurai family displayed on the sleeves, were seated in traditional Japanese style on their knees on the tatami matt. The simple, spiritual ceremony began with the priestess chanting an evocation from an ancient fan-folded text richly hand calligrphed in Kanji characters.

Prayers for the couple followed and then the traditional sipping of the sake - one, two three sips and the union of the two souls was complete.

Amid the party that followed, with well wishes from friends and family, free flowing food and drink, each of the new couple secretly worried that the wide gulfs of culture, language, religion, and background would make the already difficult task of marriage insurmountable.

Today marks the 17th January 11th since that sunny day in Yokohama. Time has proven those fears groundless as, through continued vigilence, they have grown as close as two people can be - a merging of lives, each completing what the other cannot. A deep, strong love has replaced the doubting but bright flame of 17 years ago, but like a tree stretching it's roots ever deeper and wider as it matures, it grows stronger and more able to weather storms with each passing year.

- Jeff and Mariko

Jeff S
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to January 11th, posted by Jeff S on Jan 11, 2003

for your warm wishes.

- Jeff S.

Stephen
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hope we can get together sometime....

Tess & Stephen

Lori
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I got your e-mail and thanks for your words. I hope you and Mariko have everything you deserve in this life:-).

I've been working 2 jobs and have started selling a few things on E-bay. I am not wollowing in sorrow. Everything I have done has been soley my decicion.I have alot to say about alot of things now that I have had time. I take a vacation at the end of the month. Maybe then I'll take some time to write about it. But for now it's spleep time.

Take care and good luck
Lori

Dave H
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to you are awsome Jeff, posted by Lori on Jan 12, 2003

Hi Lori,

I'm happy to hear that life is moving on and getting better. My best to you and the girls!

Dave H.

Bob S
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hmmm, must say something poetic for the toast.

Ah yes...

May the next 17 years be as filled with love and adventure and learning as the previous 17 years.

Cheers!

Ray
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Does all that mean that it's your anniversary? Well, why didn't you just say so? :-)

Happy Anniversary Jeff & Mariko!

Ray

Jeff S
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Huh?, posted by Ray on Jan 11, 2003

They're masters at beating around the bush. Shocked)

- Jeff

joemc
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Jeff,
     Best wishes to you and your wife Mariko, Jeff you have been
 a real asset to the forum. And I hope many years of
 happiness for the both of you.

joemc
Jimbo
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Best wishes to you and Mariko on your special day.  Your experience and wisdom are helping others to get there too.

Jim

Dave H
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Jeff and Mariko,

Congratulations! That was a wonderful description of the ceremony...I can picture it vividly in my mind. Many more Happy Anniversaries to come!

Dave & Marife H.

Windmill Boy
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Jeff  and  Mariko

All  the  best to  both  of  you  on  you  aniversary today!Do  something  wild  and  crazy  together  today!

Windy

Michael B
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to well  she's  sexy  and 17  -- my little ..., posted by Windmill Boy on Jan 11, 2003

She's too cute to be a minute over seventeen----Chuck Berry
...Hey, I saw your post's subject line and said "My, God! has some clown gone and married a 17yo?Huh Then I read the rest of the thread! I don't think I know Jeff & Mariko, but congradulations anyway, you're showing us how it's SUPPOSSED to work. Many future happy Jan. 11's to you.
Carr
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

17 years, wow! We are going to celebrate our 9th this year and already I'm telling Chris that I want a trip to Hawaii on our 10th.

You are right, true love grows deeper. I am glad to hear of strong and successful marriages like you and Mariko. My grandparents were married for 80 years--they both passed away last year and were buried side by side.  True love surpasses even the afterlife--I believe.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: