It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: In Medellin Now  (Read 20759 times)

Offline the_ace33

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
In Medellin Now
« on: November 30, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »
So this trip was about 3 months in the making,  I had two really good prospects in mind one here in Medellin and the other in quilla,  Both girls were very appealing to me but I ultimately decided to go all in with the Medellin girl because she was a little bit more on point with me than the other, however the other probably would have been a nice fit aswell,  but I do enjoy Medellin a bit more than Barranquilla,  So I have been here for a few days now and everything is going well,  She lives in the Laureles area and I am staying at a nice little hotel near the soccer stadium which seems to be convenient enough,  My girl works on the weekends only and we have made a rough schedule of activities for the remainder of my stay,  This trip has been a lot more liberating due to my improved Spanish and improved approach to making a valid connection,  So far we have had meals and did some shopping and had quality time together alone,  I think she resembles what attracted me to this country which is the simple nature and natural beauty,  and its a genuine connection,  So I feel I have a valid candidate for a future marriage proposal,  so I already count the trip a success,  I will post final update later! 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:14:33 PM by the_ace33 »
tengo una esposa de medellin

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: In Medellin Now
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 02:46:50 PM »
So this trip was about 3 months in the making,  I had two really good prospects in mind one here in Medellin and the other in quilla,  Both girls were very appealing to me but I ultimately decided to go all in with the Medellin girl because she was a little bit more on point with me than the other, however the other probably would have been a nice fit aswell,  but I do enjoy Medellin a bit more than Barranquilla,  So I have been here for a few days now and everything is going well,  She lives in the Laureles area and I am staying at a nice little hotel near the soccer stadium which seems to be convenient enough,  My girl works on the weekends only and we have made a rough schedule of activities for the remainder of my stay,  This trip has been a lot more liberating due to my improved Spanish and improved approach to making a valid connection,  So far we have had meals and did some shopping and had quality time together alone,  I think she resembles what attracted me to this country which is the simple nature and natural beauty,  and its a genuine connection,  So I feel I have a valid candidate for a future marriage proposal,  so I already count the trip a success,  I will post final update later!

sounds good buddy, she looks real sweet and innocent.... Keep us posted.

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 05:14:48 PM »
thanks man,  I feel lucky to have met her so far.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 05:14:48 PM »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 11:40:02 PM »
Ace: Congrats on finding a nice connection with this lady! Must be nice to get a look around Medellin too.

When you get back and have time I'd be curious to know were you skyping this gal for 2 or 3 months before you arrived? Seems like with modern technology the one woman trip is less of a risk than it was say ten years ago.

Be curious to know how you approached the trip with her BEFORE you got there. Did you tell her you just so happened to have this trip planned and the two of you could meet? That way, you could pursue Plan B if the chemistry was not there in person.

Good luck with the rest of the trip. 

Offline AndyLee

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 05:20:36 AM »
Ace: Congrats on finding a nice connection with this lady! Must be nice to get a look around Medellin too.

When you get back and have time I'd be curious to know were you skyping this gal for 2 or 3 months before you arrived? Seems like with modern technology the one woman trip is less of a risk than it was say ten years ago.

Be curious to know how you approached the trip with her BEFORE you got there. Did you tell her you just so happened to have this trip planned and the two of you could meet? That way, you could pursue Plan B if the chemistry was not there in person.

Good luck with the rest of the trip.
That's a good question HL asked, pointing out how quickly technology is chaining the dating game for expats. I like your choice, Ace. She's very pretty and has a good attitude and nice look about her. I'd say a girl living in Laureles is a good choice because it is one of the better barrios in Medellin, with better schools and more organized and generally a better environment for a girl to grow up in, compared to some of the other barrios in Medellin, such as  the communes. Good luck with your relationship and I look forward to hearing more about your trip. Take care.

If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Offline raycjs

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 09:09:36 AM »
that's good news i hope things work out well for you... enjoy your trip..

good luck

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 01:13:43 PM »
Sounds great--keep enjoying your trip. She is a very pretty young lady who as said, has a nice look about her. Sounds like you're thinking fairly rationally too! ;)
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 04:46:26 PM »

after a couple weeks going through profiles I had landed on two prospects who seemed very interested,  one was this girl in MDE and the other was in BAQ.  I told them both that I was interested in booking a flight if they were really into the idea,  They both seemed on board with the plan so I had originally scheduled one week in BAQ and the other in MDE with a couple of months notice... The MDE girl wanted to Skype almost every night so we started really getting to know each other and the other girl did not have a webcam and she was not online as much,  I think that ultimately made me feel more comfortable and closer to the MDE girl so I eventually decided to change my flight and just go for it,  all in on MDE!  Another thing with the Medellin girl is she is 27 which is little more comfortable as I get older, but like I said before the BAQ girl was a very nice prosepect aswell,  I guess when you start to get close with someone in a cyber relationship you start to feel guilty for searching or making plans with various girls,  especially when you know that she is not talking to anyone else... some may say well how do you know that and I say well I just do...
The only thing I could have done if things went bad in person is just get back online and set up some dates..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:17:57 PM by the_ace33 »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »
Cool. Thanks for elaborating.

Offline DRGUY1

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 09:05:59 PM »

Good luck Ace…Sounds very promising for you.

Give us an update when you have time  8)

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 07:55:42 PM »
well we rode the metro cable today all the way to the very top which there is a new section which is really far,  about a 20 minute ride just for the last leg of it,  that takes you to a park where you can ride horses take a tour of the woods or rent some bikes to ride around,  there are lots vendors too ofcourse,  Also went on an ATV tour 45 minutes outside of Medellin in the country,  reminded me a lot of costa rican country...  something different to do and she thought it was fun too.

Offline AndyLee

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 06:27:29 AM »
Wow, good find Ace. Parque Arvi is a very enjoyable place to spend the day or weekend. It is in the municipality of Santa Elena which is one of the pueblos where I'm looking at house lots to build my house. The site is well above the city and far enough away that you aren't distracted by the smog and noise.
Santa Elena is also the starting place for the famous flower festival every spring. Here's a couple links to the Parque Arvi.
http://discovercolombia.com/arvi-park-green-lung-of-medellin-colombia-2/
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297478-d2536677-r125087550-Arvi_Park-Medellin_Antioquia_Department.html

I'm glad you are enjoying your visit to Medellin and seeing some of the sights with your girl. Where else are you planning to go during your visit? Are you still enthusiastic about your girl? I hope so, she's very pretty.
If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 08:34:24 AM »
I wasn't aware Medellin had a smog problem? I know Bogota has a real bad smog problem. How bad is it in Medellin?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 08:34:24 AM »

Offline AndyLee

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 09:59:50 AM »
I wasn't aware Medellin had a smog problem? I know Bogota has a real bad smog problem. How bad is it in Medellin?
Medellin is a city of nearly 3,000,000 including the small cities on the north and south ends of the city. It is located in a long narrow valley that runs north and south. The prevailing winds are from the NNE but because of the configuration of mountains on both sides of the Aburrá Valley the wind tends to rise over the city rather than blow through it as it does in Cali. Thus, the exhaust from millions of gas and diesel engines tends to hang in a layer over the city. You can see it best when you drive down the mountain from Rionegro. Sort of the same way you see the smog as you fly into LAX.
I lived in Medellin for two months and one of the main reasons I left was because the air irritated my throat and lungs.

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 12:35:51 PM »
Thanks for the compliments guys,  and yes Andy I am still enjoying my girl,  we get along very well,  Andy are you going to build a vacation house in the parque Avri? 

I need to think of one more activity to do before I leave Tuesday but we have done a lot so far,  We went shopping,  we went out to eat once or twice daily,  we did the movies,  the ATV ride,  we did cervezas,  we did the parque Avri,  we went to an acupuncture appointment,  she is at work today so I am getting a massage,  I am forgetting something else too that we did,  oh yeah I purchased and installed the rosetta stone English and installed it on her computer,  to me that is a great test of commitment to the idea of relocating to the states!

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 01:51:39 PM »
Its true- the air sucks and tranchones are awful...

Offline whitey

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »
Ace, if you get a chance, take her to La Piedra de Penol and Guatape ... very nice short day trip from Medellin ...
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline AndyLee

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013, 06:04:16 PM »
Thanks for the compliments guys,  and yes Andy I am still enjoying my girl,  we get along very well,  Andy are you going to build a vacation house in the parque Avri? 

I need to think of one more activity to do before I leave Tuesday but we have done a lot so far,  We went shopping,  we went out to eat once or twice daily,  we did the movies,  the ATV ride,  we did cervezas,  we did the parque Avri,  we went to an acupuncture appointment,  she is at work today so I am getting a massage,  I am forgetting something else too that we did,  oh yeah I purchased and installed the rosetta stone English and installed it on her computer,  to me that is a great test of commitment to the idea of relocating to the states!

Sounds like you have had a very interesting and entertaining visit to Medellin and I am so happy that you are continuing to get along well with your girl. Purchasing the Rosetta Stone for her is a beautiful gift that will help her and you in many ways. Not only will you be able to communicate better with her but also as you pointed out you will be able to gauge her level of commitment as you see how well she progresses. I wish you the best of luck with your relationship, you seem to be on a perfect track.
Whitey has an excellent suggestion to see the big lake up there. You will like it and it will give you a chance to see some of the country surrounding Medellin. It is a very pleasant bus ride up and back and you will be able to see more of the culture and the people as they go about their daily affairs.
I'm actually winding down my travel and exploration chapter of my life and looking for a little town where I can build a little retirement home. I'm visiting all the pueblos above Medellin and around Pereira-Manizales-Armenia. I'm not considering anything big or expensive, just something comfortable and cozy and with a good aspect.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 06:07:43 PM »
Ace, if you get a chance, take her to La Piedra de Penol and Guatape ... very nice short day trip from Medellin ...

Great foto whitey! 

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 06:25:55 PM »
that kind of retirement home sounds great Andy,  my father has a retirement finca in costa rica,  the only problem is his wife does not like it there so he has been renting it out... I went to the grande penol the first time I visited Medellin a few years ago, however I could take her there anyway,  I know that she has also been there before but we'll see,  it is a valid idea!

Offline AndyLee

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 06:41:09 PM »
cool, so you 've both seen penal. Maybe you could look at taking a bus ride up to El Retiro, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retiro,_Antioquia about an hour from Medellin. The main street there is shop after shop of carpenters building custom furniture. I was totally impressed with the quality of their work when I looked at the obsolete tools they are using…..for example, in one shop I saw they had turned a skill saw upside down and fastened it to a table and were using it as a table saw, that sort of thing. Another town I like up in that region is La Ceja which is the mega center for the Colombian flower growers. Flowers from here are sent all over the world. El Retiro and La Ceja are on the cool side. If you prefer hot climate you could go the other side of Medellin to Sante Fe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Fe_de_Antioquia or to San Jerónimo http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jerónimo_(Antioquia)
If you're really adventurous you could go to El Jardin and go trout fishing http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jard%C3%ADn_(Antioquia)
If you want to stay in the city there are sports complexes on the metro line near Estadio where you can go swimming or play tennis. Here's a link to 37 things to do in Medellin, http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g297478-Activities-Medellin_Antioquia_Department.html
Good luck

Offline govig1

• Spouse's Country: Peru
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 03:36:04 PM »
Wow! What a stunner! Well done! Keep us posted how it goes. Any more pics?
Remember, one day she'll look like her mother.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 05:31:24 PM »
Good job man! Wish you luck. She is very pretty but your description of how she is as a person is much more impressive. Looks like a keeper.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 05:31:24 PM »

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 06:30:35 PM »
My Skype ID is Jason.270@hotmail for those who would like to connect and see more pics of the trip,  The time has come to go back home now.  I was treated so well that I am ready to get engaged but when I talk to her about coming to the states she doesn't sound ready yet,  By the way for those planning to visit Medelllin be sure to check out the Alaska Adventure at the Molida mall,  They let you inside a giant freezer with snow and they give you a coat,  It was a blast,  Afterward you can grab a meal and or see a movie,  they will take pics for you too!

Turns out that indeed I only needed one good girl to make this trip worth while, I don't have any complaints...  I had a ring ready but I get the impression that she wants to wait,  She has no idea however that I have a latin girl back home that is knocking on my door,  That kind of leaves me with a decision to make so that's the drama=== :o

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »
Wait, so you have another girl (Latina) at home that you are involved with or she wants to be involved with you?  Tread carefully.  Guess when it rains it pours.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:26:36 PM by Hector_Lavoe »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5877
Latest: WilliamAlorp
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864