It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...


+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Documant Certified  (Read 2445 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline JaH

  • Probie
  • Posts: 1
Documant Certified
« on: June 14, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »
Hi, haven't been here for a while, see a lot of the same ole guys, cool.

Have a question, been married for a while, and staying in Ukraine for a time. Been hassled by the locals about registration, they have refused to do so and I've been leaving every 3 months, a pain from Crimea, not to mention expensive.

We've been told that if we get a certified copy of our marriage license (married in US), they will register me. The local office says we need the doc "certified" by an apostle, but can't tell us more.

When I search for info it's sketchy, and having been here some time I understand the rules only apply to where you are.

But what do they mean? A stamp from the Ukraine Embassy stating the copy is real? Another stamp from the US? Don't really understand what they mean.

I'll be in Kiev and Warsaw next week and try and find out, but has anyone here done this?

Hope it makes a little sense.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 08:07:08 AM by JaH »

Offline doombug

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1043
  • Gender: Male
  • VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
RE: Documant Certified
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 01:04:19 PM »
An apostle is certification by an official such as your Secretary of State.  I had to do this process when prepping to send documents to Peru.  Had to start at the county vital records office to do a search of their records to verifiy that I was not married; they notarized their search result; headed over to the Secretary of State (to basically "certify" that the county document/seal was legit.), and from there I went to the Peruvian consulate to have this document translated and re-certified once again by the consulate officials.

One site's definition of the term:

An Apostle or Apostille stamp is a certification of the document by a convention country. In few and simple words, you need that stamp to all the papers that the Town Hall requires. Apostle or Apostille is a stamp you must obtain from YOUR Ministry of Foreign Affairs and its purpose is to authenticate the legal papers you will send us. The Apostle or Apostille stamp is a pre-printed form prescribed by the Convention. Only those nations party to the Hague Treaty will recognize the apostille certification. Below you will find the list with countries members and where you can get the Apostle stamp. IMPORTANT NOTE: You must get the stamp from YOUR country NOT from Greece. This rule doesn't apply to all countries, contact us for more information and to check for any changes.

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley


Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Total Members: 5536
Latest: TomasNor
New This Month: 11
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Total Posts: 132941
Total Topics: 7845
Most Online Today: 59
Most Online Ever: 812
(January 20, 2020, 04:31:00 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46
Powered by EzPortal