It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Overstayed Korean visa, crime?  (Read 11303 times)

Offline Godzilla

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: None (yet)
Overstayed Korean visa, crime?
« on: November 17, 2010, 06:38:42 PM »
Okay guys and gals, here goes another interesting situation I have found with a lady I only just met but like very much.

I want to know if it is a crime or not for a Filipina to have overstayed her visa in South Korea? She was detained and deported. Is that something that would keep her from getting a K-1 or a K-3 visa or any other that would be available to get her here for marriage if everything works out. The kicker is, get ready for this one, she said she was using her sisters passport since she does not have one and her sisters name. I need to know am I just setting myself up for disappointment if I pursue a relationship with this lady. She is really what I am looking for, closer to my age than any other I have found that meets what I am looking for. She has also been hurt before and is really sensitive. I do not want her to get her hopes up either.

So really need the legal beagles to chime in here and help me out before it gets too far along.

Thanks, as always.

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Overstayed Korean visa, crime?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 07:09:21 PM »
I don't know the answer to your legal question......is this the same one from Trinidad, or the different one you mentioned in that thread?

Just what you're looking for? I'm confused, you're looking for someone who uses her sister's identity? 

I need to know am I just setting myself up for disappointment if I pursue a relationship with this lady. --- I'd hazard a guess of 'yes', but not because she may have trouble getting a visa.

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 07:57:05 PM »
I'm pretty new to finding an Asian wife myself, but I've been at it longer than you have and I've found one that has 100% of my interest. Here is my honest opinion. Find one that doesn't have ANY problems of any kind like the two that you've described.

Cris, the woman that I'm talking to now and I will meet very soon has none of these types of issues. I repeat, NONE. Shes a hard working woman helping to support her family. Shes 100% painfully open and honest, she has never been in a lick of trouble of any kind, shes never asked me for anything and has adamantly refused when I offered. When I finally did get her to accept allowing me to pay for her internet access, it was only because I convinced her that I wanted to be able to talk to her more than we were already talking.

I am not interested in taking on anyone with legal issues of any kind, period. I'm not interested in anyone that will cry me a sob story of any kind, period. "My mom is sick and I can't pay for her medical attention" = RED FLAG so RUN, don't walk, run away. "I have possible legal issues because I was illegally impersonating my sister in a foreign country" = RED FLAG so RUN, don't walk, run away. "I'm stuck in a foreign country because I was lured here for a job and was fired" = RED FLAG so RUN, don't walk, RUN AWAY. Any RED FLAG of any kind = RUN AWAY.

Do NOT be concerned about hurting their feelings this is about you finding a suitable woman to take as your mate, your wife, so find the right one. Don't be in a hurry, don't fall for some sob story, don't let your little head lead your big head, and sift through the chaff for the golden kernel of grain.

Bill
"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 07:57:05 PM »

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 10:41:36 PM »
D I T T O !

pig
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Jedironin

• Cautious... but hopeful.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 06:36:23 AM »
Ditto X2!!

Couldn't have said it better myself, Bill!  :)

Godzilla- are you selecting these ladies to write to initially based on their pictures on a dating site? Please keep in mind that the "more proficient" scammers lift pictures from anywhere and everywhere on the web, so the pictures will usually be quite stunning! Once you get your breath back from admiring their pics, enjoy the view and then move on!  ;)
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 07:56:44 AM »

Okay guys and gals, here goes another interesting situation I have found with a lady I only just met but like very much.

I want to know if it is a crime or not for a Filipina to have overstayed her visa in South Korea? She was detained and deported. Is that something that would keep her from getting a K-1 or a K-3 visa or any other that would be available to get her here for marriage if everything works out. The kicker is, get ready for this one, she said she was using her sisters passport since she does not have one and her sisters name. I need to know am I just setting myself up for disappointment if I pursue a relationship with this lady. She is really what I am looking for, closer to my age than any other I have found that meets what I am looking for. She has also been hurt before and is really sensitive. I do not want her to get her hopes up either.

So really need the legal beagles to chime in here and help me out before it gets too far along.

Thanks, as always.

What are you really looking for, someone to slap some sense into you?

The lady is an admitted liar with a criminal background, and guilty of fraud, so why in the hell would you believe anything she tells you?

Before you get carried away with yet another down-on-her-luck bimbo, keep in mind that one of the requirements for applying for a spouse or fiancée visa to the USA is submittal of police clearances from every country where you have lived for a significant length of time. So how do you think it will play out when this girl submits police clearances from the Philippine NBI and the Korean authorities? I’ll let you figure that answer out all by yourself…   ;)

BTW, do you know what these young Filipina girls do for a living when they accept jobs in Korea, T & T, Japan, etc…? I’m not going to tell you, but you should do a little research on your own to wake yourself from your fantasy dream.

Ray

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 08:29:52 AM »
This thread really amazed me. Nobody will believe me--but I was actually at a loss for words. Glad some folks could articulate it. I was thinking of sending him an eye chart.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 09:12:50 AM »

If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 04:58:45 PM »

I think that just about coveres it KFC  ;D :D ;D

Hey Zilla I'll tell you how i picked my wife
I went onto "FH" & looked at the profiles of the newest members (you know the ones with NO PICTURES posted yet)
yes those are the best ones. & using that method i found 2 very nice honest ladies
in time i had to pick just 1 & boy oh boy was that hard, given that they were both high quality ladies.

Chicks looking to run scams ALWAYS post pictures.......that is the 1ST part of the bait.

good luck buddy
piglett

PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 05:53:23 PM »

I went onto "FH" & looked at the profiles of the newest members (you know the ones with NO PICTURES posted yet)
yes those are the best ones.

Damn! After all these years of advising guys to concentrate on the ones with "ugly" pictures or better yet no pictures, at least one guy was listening...

Congrats Pig!

Ray

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 08:11:04 AM »
Where did he go?

Where did he go?

Any updates?

I hope he didn't fall for this sob story!

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 05:00:52 PM »
Any updates?

I hope he didn't fall for this sob story!
Me too.  This one has a May Day parade of red flags all over it.  The U.S. embassy staff would have to be seriously incompetent or unbelievably generous to award her a visa to the U.S.     
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 05:43:07 PM »
I wonder what happened with that guy too--whether we ran him off in embarrassment by being brutally honest (usually with humor) or if he actually went with either of those red flag humdingers.

Yea, I'm with Piglett in that I did not mind at all looking at profiles, especially NEW number profiles (although a woman can redo and get a 'newer' number profile anytime) and sifting through, looking for good ones. eventually, I knew I'd see them and the competition was less and to my advantage.

Although the Filipina lady from Vermont, who introduced my now wife to me (after things didn't work out between her sister and I!!) did send me a picture, it was of gawd awful grainy quality, of her in an old T shirt and jeans.

She didn't fit my parameters at first (age), but after a few years as 'friends' who chatted a lot, and each of us having been through a few failed romances, we decided 'why not us?' and the rest is history. But did consider pursuing some women without pictures on their profiles and obviously one's w/o particularly nice pictures, such as my wife--a real winner, who just happened to post the most unflattering picture of her life, which was MY good luck as things turned out!!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 05:47:47 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 05:43:07 PM »

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 12:28:46 AM »
Well..Of course Ray was very subtle and gentile in laying down his buffered opinion, I'm sure, and made a new reach around buddy!!

NOT!!!   ;D

Seriously,

Its hard to resist the charms of a persistent and beautiful pinay, If the guy has taken the bait maybe he will learn the lesson for himself. 

Poor sap...we will have another train wreck to post about to keep our hands busy!

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Ray

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 07:48:52 AM »

Well then, let me unbuffer it a little zulu.

Remember he said the girl was using her sister’s identity and passport because she didn’t have her own passport. Baloney! Passports are not difficult to get.

However, these girls use someone else’s passport because they can not legally get an overseas job due to their being underage. I wonder how old she really is?

I would bet that she wanted to go to Korea to work in the “entertainment” industry, which more often than not means working as a bargirl and engaging in prostitution. She could have been detained and deported by the Korean authorities for a variety of reasons, possibly for engaging in "illegal activities", but he will probably never know the truth because she is an admitted liar and scammer.

If she is as he says “really what I am looking for”, then someone is in for a long and bumpy road ahead.

Ray

Offline william3rd

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 12:45:37 PM »
BEing as how the consulate asks the question concerning arrests, immigration crimes elsewhere do have a tendency to dampen the enthusiasm to grant a visa.
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline Dave H

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 05:51:55 AM »
Anyone willing to go South Korea illegally to work is desperate IMHO and will tell you anything that you want to hear to get to the US!!!

I was able to find "her" real picture. Who cares if "she" can suck ping pong balls through a straw..."she" looks underage and out of date, style-wise, to me! (Looks like she spent too much time in South Korea...with maybe a couple of side trips to the North!)  ;D

Dave

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 06:12:31 AM by Dave H »
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline Dave H

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 10:52:19 PM »

"she" looks underage and out of date, style-wise, to me! (Looks like she spent too much time in South Korea...with maybe a couple of side trips to the North!)  ;D

Dave

All that coming from a guy with a mullet wig and a drawer full of men's thong bikinis...including the infamous purple G, which is now enshrined in a hermetically sealed, glass display case. (to maintain "freshness") ::)

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878
Latest: Wileycauch
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132