It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: just saying hi  (Read 1717 times)

Offline smoke eater

• Probie
just saying hi
« on: September 14, 2008, 07:00:39 AM »
my first post, wanted to say hi and see if anyone else is on here from canada.
hoping to see how they made out finding someone online.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
Re: just saying hi
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 08:42:23 AM »
Hi smoke eater. Welcome aboard. Any truth to the story that Canada was originally supposed to be the Consortium for National Defense - C eh? N eh? D eh? The Latin board has a few Canadians but don't know if any of the regulars here are.

You don't really ever find anyone online, but you can screen a lot of potentials. There's really no substitute for face time. We did an informal survey here quite a while back and about 1/3 found their wives online by correspondence, 1/3 met face to face by accident (or fate?) and about 1/3 were introduced by friends. As for me, I was introduced to my wife by friends. That was pre-internet so it was letters, phone calls, and visits for a couple years - It's lots faster and cheaper now.

What country are you thinking about?

- Jeff

Offline UKCaliumbo

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 09:56:31 AM »
my first post, wanted to say hi and see if anyone else is on here from canada.
hoping to see how they made out finding someone online.

'Singlefather' is from Canada and he found his 'future' wife from Peru.  They 'met' each other via LatinAmericanCupid.com

If you are looking for a special lady, I do not see any problems with you living in Canada. 

Many people here have found their novias via dating online or via dating agency.

If you are thinking of finding a lady from Colombia, I suggest you to look at Jamie's Agency http://www.latin-wife.com .  It is based in Barranquilla which is in the North Colombia - Carribbean sea.  I hear from many people how good Jamie's service is.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 09:56:31 AM »

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 10:28:55 AM »
Hi Smoke eater,

Welcome to P-L Nice handle...I was known as 'Dr Death' or Doc for short. Something to do with all of the multiple murders and death that surrounded me (Cocaine Cowboys, Marielitos, etc). I was on fire-rescue  for almost 20 years in South Florida. My last 5 as a lieutenant, until I was disabled. I've been married to a wonderful Filipina for 7 years.

Good Luck,

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline Marshall K

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 03:24:30 AM »
Welcome, Smoke Eater.
My mom was born in Alberta, and I've got relatives in Victoria and Vancouver.  My wife is Chinese and she knows at least one woman that I know of who married a Canadian and all is well.  I met my wife online, and find the whole thing pretty miraculous.  We emailed 9 months before I met her in person.  I liked that we got to know a lot about each others' inner selves before the face to face.  We shared a lot of long emails with each other and really connected.  I like to write and so does my wife, and I think that email communication in the early months was a great way to get to know her. 
If you enjoy writing, I think it's a good way to meet women.  It worked for me and I'm leaving in a few hours to go be with her.
Good luck.

Offline Dave H

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 04:22:36 PM »
One disadvantage (for some) of living in Canada is you do not have a fiancee visa, so you must marry before petitioning your lady. In many cases the lady would prefer to marry in her own country in front of friends and family, so that doesn't make a difference. I am not sure how long the spousal Visa process takes in Canada. Singlefather is 'patiently' going through this process (returning  for their wedding soon) with his Peruviana fiancee. He can certainly explain the ups and downs of the process for you.  In the US we also have 'Nonimmigrant Visa for a Spouse (K-3)' where much of the processing (adjustment of status) takes place in the US, instead at the US Embassy in her country. This allows the wife to come here sooner, instead of awaiting processing in her home country.

Dave

Offline Dave H

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 09:21:21 PM »
Hey smoke eater,

Where did you go? did you get eaten by the smoke or abducted by aliens?  ;D

Dave

Sponsor Twr1R