It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: IMBRA And Tahirih Justice Center's Destructive Behavior  (Read 3423 times)

Offline albert1962

• Probie
IMBRA And Tahirih Justice Center's Destructive Behavior
« on: November 18, 2006, 09:20:29 AM »
In the last post, "IMBRA And Tahirih Justice Center's Hypocrisy", I have shown (that) there is no justification to force unilateral release of personal and criminal information of all American male clients of International Matchmaking Organizations (IMOs) at the time of initial contact because at that stage, there is no risk of harm to foreign women.

I have also stated that unlike IMOs, Domestic Matchmaking Organizations (DMOs), such as Match.com and Friendfinder.com, are given a complete exemption (or a "free pass") on having to do any background checks on their male clients. Proponents of IMBRA justify these "free passes" by claiming that in DMO-facilitated relationships, men and women are charged and treated the same and therefore, the balence of power is not skewed to empower the male client. As result, they claim, there is less risk for abuse in these relationships.

This assertion is a complete hogwash - in fact, all evidence indicate that there is a significant threat of harm against women and girls as result of these initial contacts made via DMOs. There have been numerous documented cases of brutal murder, rape, torture and exploitation which have occurred as result.

Here are some examples:

(1) A 14 year old girl met a 37 year old man in an American Online Chatroom in 2000. The man was convicted of taking her across state lines to have sex with her. http://www.dangersofinternetdating.com/int...tcrimelinks.htm

(2) A 13 year old girl, Christina Long, was murdered by a 25 year old man she met in an American Online Chatroom. He has confessed to strangling her. http://www.dangersofinternetdating.com/int...tcrimelinks.htm

(3) The body of a young woman who posted her profile in myspace.com was found near Richmond, VA. The suspect is a man whom she met through myspace.com. http://www.bobparsons.com/october2005.html

(4) A 13 year old girl was killed by a 47-year old SanDiego man (who later committed suicide) whom she met in an internet chat room. http://www.bobparsons.com/october2005.html

(5) An affluent real-estate agent in California is charged with with raping three women, two of whom he met through MillionaireMatch.com, a domestic marriage broker.
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ia/15833372.htm

(6) A man has been charged with raping 10 women in the Philadelphia area. He met these women via Match.com Hey Tahirih, why isn't Match.com regulated?
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=...&id=4713302

(7) A man is charged with having sex with minor, whom he met via MySpace.com
http://www.nbc5.com/news/10205650/detail.html#

These are just a few examples of hundreds of vicious murder, rape, torture and exploitation against women and girls which have occurred as result of contacts facilitated by DMO's. Many of these horrifying acts of violence may have been prevented if DMOs were forced to do extensive personal and criminal background checks on their male clients.

Now, here is the most heinous part - Tahirih Justice Center, a main proponent of IMBRA, has been fighting in the court of law to preserve these exemptions for DMOs, despite the fact that these "free passes" have enabled many cases of horrendous rape, torture and exploitation against women to occur. We can not afford to let Tahirih prevail regarding these exemptions because if Tahirih gets its way, it will allow sexual predators, rapists, pedophiles and premeditated torturers a free pass to find their next victims. Tahirih's behavior has been has been deplorable and deeply destructive to efforts to protect women and girls.

Therefore, I urge everyone, in the name of protecting our women and girls, to fight against Tahirih Justice Center's efforts to preserve exemptions for DMOs. These "free-passes" for DMOs must be eliminated.
http://www.online-dating-rights.com/blog/lestat/index.php?

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
Re: IMBRA And Tahirih Justice Center's Destructive Behavior
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 04:27:26 PM »
Therefore, I urge everyone, in the name of protecting our women and girls, to fight against Tahirih Justice Center's efforts to preserve exemptions for DMOs.

American women are already the most protected, most coddled-to species on the planet.  And their activist organizations have a penchant for exaggerating statistics and current events to keep contributions/membership dues rolling in and lawmakers on their side. 

As a result, they risk these statistics not favoring them so heavily next time:

First Class
Lost
119 men
11 women and children
130 total

saved
54 men
145 women and children

Second class
lost
142 men
24 women and children

saved
15 men
104 women and children

Third class
lost
417 men
119 women and children

saved
69 men
105 women and children

crew
lost
682 men
3 women

saved
194 men
20 women

total lost 1517
1360 men
157 women and children (109 women)

total saved 706
men 332
women and children 374 (316 women)

Total women and children aboard 531 (425 women)
Total men aboard 1692

% of men saved 20%
% of women saved 74%
% of children saved 55%
http://www.angryharry.com/reTributetoMenofTitanic.htm

"The mice which helplessly find themselves between the cat's teeth acquire no merit from their enforced sacrifice."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Huh?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 06:12:48 PM »

Therefore, I urge everyone, in the name of protecting our women and girls, to fight against Tahirih Justice Center's efforts to preserve exemptions for DMOs. These "free-passes" for DMOs must be eliminated.

Baloney!

Did you write this junk or did you cut & paste it? What exactly is the author of this piece advocating? You want even more controls placed on men meeting potential mates on the Internet or through domestic matchmaking organizations? Are you nuts?

Your little examples (1), (2), (3), (4), and (7) have absolutely nothing to do with IMBRA, matchmaking, or seeking foreign brides, so what is your motivation in muddying the waters with examples of some sicko perverts stalking, molesting, or murdering children? The last time I checked, Internet chat rooms and Myspace are not considered matchmaking organizations, are they? And those pervert men you cited were the ones responsible for their own “destructive behavior”, not Tahirih or the feminists.

Currently, American men marrying foreign women overseas and then petitioning for a CR-1/SR-1 spousal visa are exempt from IMBRA regulations. Are you proposing that this “loophole” be plugged by forcing the same restrictions and legal requirements on these men also? If so, then I think you are way off base!

Ray
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 06:16:54 PM by Ray »

Planet-Love.com

Huh?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 06:12:48 PM »

Offline blockbuster

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 10:49:02 PM »
  I agre AW are spoiled . Alberst, you forgot something very important. No matter if an American woman uses Match.com or any other Matchmaking website she and the guy can get full disclosure on the background of their partner for $29.95. Sure that's a vilolation of my rights if they do that, but they can. They have the money and know how to get all sorts of info on a guy. They can even find out his income that way. Don't feel sorry for AW.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 09:11:02 AM »
The facts are that women are just as agressive as men in cases of domestic violence, and in fact tend to initiate violence more often than do men.

SUMMARY:  This bibliography examines 196 scholarly investigations: 153 empirical studies and 43 reviews and/or analyses, which demonstrate that women are as physically aggressive, or more aggressive, than men in their relationships with their spouses or male partners.  The aggregate sample size in the reviewed studies exceeds 177,100.     

http://www.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 03:06:51 PM »
Great resource.

IMBRA advocates would point out, however, that foreign brides are inherently fawn-like. Such women would never instigate physical violence in a relationship.

Well, okay, excepting Lorena Bobbitt.

Lorena Leonor Gallo de Bobbitt (born 1970 in Bucay, Ecuador).

[D]uring her arrest, Lorena commented to police that, "He always have [sic] [an] orgasm and he doesn't wait for me to have [an] orgasm. He's selfish."

*Intermission*

Andadog, anyone?

Continuing on then.

December 1997, she was charged with assault for punching her mother, Elvia Gallo, as her mother watched television.

They've even named a worm after this nutbasket:

Eunice aphroditois or Bobbit Worm is an aquatic predatory polychaete worm dwelling at the ocean floor at depths of approximately 10–40 meters (33–131 ft).

This organism buries its long body into an ocean bed composed of gravel, mud or corals, where it waits patiently for outside stimulus to reach one of its five antennae. Armed with sharp claws, it is known to attack with such speeds that its prey is sometimes sliced in half.

Common Name: Bobbit Worm
Scientific Name: Eunice aphroditois

So, the obvious question then becomes: What human rights group (or is it "organ rights" group?  :-\)  is looking out for the best interest of my johnson?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 03:09:28 PM by doombug »

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Offline william3rd

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 05:45:53 PM »
Apparently the original poster has no idea what the Tahirah Justice Center is all about or what they are working for. The only thing that IMBRA really does when you cut through all the fluff is makes sure that the women find out all about what their Prince Charming is all about. TJC is only after notification and making sure that a batterer cant continue to hunt overseas for foreign women. Batterers can get fiancee visas but they cannot get a waiver for multiple fiancee visas.

Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878
Latest: Wileycauch
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 1
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864