It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: ACG Dating Tour is best to be avoided !!  (Read 15137 times)

Offline UKCaliumbo

ACG Dating Tour is best to be avoided !!
« on: May 08, 2008, 04:04:17 PM »
The ACG (All Colombian Girls) Dating Tour is best to be avoided.   I paid $895 for 7-day Tour with ACG to visit Cali during Valentine's Week in February.

$795 plus $100 for 2 extra nights ($50 per night) for:

Hotel lodging
Transportation airport-hotel and hotel-airport
Breakfast
Night club entrance fee
3 nights of Meeting parties
BBQ
Water park entrance fee
Water park transportation
Tour around the city
Translator during agency's parties and events (You can hire one of them in case you need at other times)

And What did I get?

Hotel lodging
Transportation airport-hotel
Breakfast
Only 1 night Meeting party

What did I NOT get?

Transportation hotel-airport
Night club entrance fee
2 niights of Meeting parties - they were cancelled
BBQ
Water park entrance fee
Water park transportation
Tour around the city
Translator during agency's parties and events

You can understand why it is not good idea to go on their Tour.   There's more ....

3 weeks before my arrival, I gave lists of only 8 ladies that I wish to meet for an appointment.  They agreed to contact them and make an appointment...

GUESS WHAT .....

When I arrived there, they hadn't contact them at all.  THEY NEVER DID!   I had to wait until 7.30pm for my first appointment.  The lady almost couldn't make it because it was rather short notice.  NOT SURPRISED!  I gave them 3 weeks notice, but they did not bother to contact them.

During my 7-day Tour, I only had met 4 different women, including 2 of them who were already in the area.    In the end, I got on well with a lady, but sadly our relationships did not work out at all.

They do not get their priority right.  They spend too much time, signing up new ladies especially duting the tour.

Only 1 of 3 night party was on.   The lady whom I had an appointment with, did not even know there was a party.  She couldn't make it because it was very short notice for her.

EVERYTHING WITH ACG IS NOT VERY GOOD.

Poor organisation
Poor Customer Services

The only good thing about ACG Staff - is their friendly.

The other person who went to the Tour also complain of their services...

So, if you decide to go on any Colombian Tour, do not use ACG at all.

I am going to try out using Cali Charm, because I hear that they are very good.

Offline sean126

Re: ACG Dating Tour is best to be avoided !!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 04:32:56 PM »
Thanks for the head's up.  That would be helpful to other people looking to decide which agency to use.

(Please remember to post in the correct category  ;) )

Offline UKCaliumbo

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 04:34:06 PM »
I am sorry Sean.  I wasn't sure which category I would make the posting.....

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 04:34:06 PM »

Offline sean126

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 04:38:21 PM »
no problem.  it happens all the time with new members.

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 04:41:45 PM »
Sorry to hear about the bad report UK....I assume you paid AGC through PayPal...you might be able to dispute the charges......?  and get some sort of discount...unfortunately this isn't simple, like ordering a digital camera that you never received, but it might be worth an email.

When I was at AGC 18 months ago, they were obviously undercapitalized...Did you get a chance to go to Cali Charm?  it is a few blocks away from the nearby Mall.  You would have had a much better experience, I'm sure.   

DayTrader

Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Offline UKCaliumbo

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 04:56:53 PM »
Sean... Thanks

DayTrader.. thanks for the post.  I paid it via Western Union, unfortunately.  I did not know about Cali Charm until after the trip.  I know Cali Charm now.  They told me that many people complaint about ACG.   You have to admit that ACG's website looks better than Cali Charm even if I knew them before I go on ACG.

Cali Charm needs to make better website - selling point!!

It is like choosing 2 ladies based on looks without knowing their personality.  Many would choose the better looking woman in the first place.  It is the same goes for website.  (I am in the Fashion business, so I know how it works)

Offline sean126

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 05:00:35 PM »
Let me throw out www.latin-wife.com to you to look at.  It's in Barranquilla, more expensive than the others, but you definitely get your money's worth.  It 's a top notch agency.  I've used it a few times and so have several other posters here.  You can find some reviews about it in the trip report sections.

I've heard Cali Charm is good also, since your going that way.

Offline UKCaliumbo

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 05:05:42 PM »
Thanks Sean.  I am looking at it and have saved it in 'My Favourite' Folder

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 09:03:19 PM »

Hi UKC,
             I used Latin American Introductions in Bogota.At the time, they had a "money back" policy at the time I joined.I also learned to negotiate about paying any agency up front.Some of them went for it, others didn't.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline fathertime

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 09:04:59 PM »
On my first trip to Colombia (2004) I used ACG.  Their 'tour' party was nothing much then either, although there was probably 75 ladies present and was a lot of fun.

The amount of ladies you actually got to meet after the 'tour' does not seem like nearly enough.  Agencies that promote girls that are not actually availble are not worth good publicity so I am glad you have outed ACG if that is how they are operating at this point in time.  NOW all that being said, you said you identified 8 girls you would like to have met.   It is possible that you chose girls that were not interested in you personally, and the agency just did not tell you that.  I mean not every beautiful latina babe is going to go for us 39 year olds, regardless of how handsome we are! ;)

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 05:54:53 AM »
Sean... Thanks

DayTrader.. thanks for the post.  I paid it via Western Union, unfortunately.  I did not know about Cali Charm until after the trip.  I know Cali Charm now.  They told me that many people complaint about ACG.   You have to admit that ACG's website looks better than Cali Charm even if I knew them before I go on ACG.

Cali Charm needs to make better website - selling point!!

It is like choosing 2 ladies based on looks without knowing their personality.  Many would choose the better looking woman in the first place.  It is the same goes for website.  (I am in the Fashion business, so I know how it works)

Try not to get hung up on who is on the website..just get down there and immerse yourself in the culture, learn what is important to the latinas you date and get a feel for what your wants and needs are.  It will take a couple trips and maybe being down there 3 or 4 weeks ....I think you would be farther ahead using www.latinamericancupid.com  however  (assuming you know some espanol) and don't necessarily limit yourself to Colombia...try not to rule out Peru or Costa Rica.

If the girl you meet online doesn't have a webcam and regular internet access that will really limit getting to know her online...then take another flight down once you have a bunch of prospects and maybe tie in an agency visit as well.  I would never recommend a tour (a tour is like hitting on women in a bar - not conducive to meangingful conversation, imo), but to meet the women you are interested in on a one on one basis only. 

EDIT: my out of pocket for the first week down at AGC (with airfare) was just over a thousand bucks (air fare is more now)...no need to spend a lot of dinero, just get down there if you find some women at CaliCharm that light your fuse... - I would recommend Bogota & the agencies there though...I think you might find more women and some on the upscale side (if that's what you are looking for).  Bogota (and Medellin) have a lot sharp urbanized women that would acclimate to the USA well, I think (if I had to do it over again). 

DayTrader

« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 08:22:53 AM by daytrader »

Offline raycjs

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 09:37:17 AM »
UJCaliumbo

I have used www.latin-wife.com and they are great well worth the money and the trip you will get what you pay for and a lot more.  Good luck if i can be of any help please just ask.

I wish you the best of luck

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Offline UKCaliumbo

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 09:56:31 AM »
 NOW all that being said, you said you identified 8 girls you would like to have met.  
Fathertime!

I do not think you have understood.  They did NOT contact all these 8 girls before my arrival.  I gave them list of only 8 girls which they did not make any contacts.   They started to contact them when after I have arrived.   I was in the office at 9am on Wednesday morning.  At 10am, they tried to make the first contact.  Many of them were not there, therefore they must be either in work or university or have their mobile phone switched off.

They SHOULD have made the contacts 2-3 weeks before when I gave them.

I have wasted my 1st day having no one else......

It has NOTHING to do with how handsome I am

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 09:56:31 AM »

Offline UKCaliumbo

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 10:05:20 AM »
try not to rule out Peru or Costa Rica.

DayTrader

I am not ruling out other countries, including Peru.   I can write basic Spanis (that's why I am not interested in finding a Brazilian woman).  I wanted to know some ladies before going on ACG Tour, but they said that it is best to go there and meet them ..........  I was right after all. 

Latin American Cupid site is very good, but also too many competitions.  I would rather know a woman who doesn't use Internet for LatinAmericanCupid, Amigos, LuckyLover, FriendFinder, ColombianCupid or whatever.........

Offline UKCaliumbo

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 10:08:19 AM »
UJCaliumbo

I have used www.latin-wife.com and they are great well worth the money and the trip you will get what you pay for and a lot more.  Good luck if i can be of any help please just ask.

I wish you the best of luck

Ray

Ray, thank you very much for the link.  Sean had already given me this link last night.  It looks very good, but these ladies live in Barranquilla.   Barranquilla might be way too hot for me to travel.  I would have liked much cooler weather like Cali, Medellin or Bogota. 

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 10:24:47 AM »
I am not ruling out other countries, including Peru.   I can write basic Spanis (that's why I am not interested in finding a Brazilian woman).  I wanted to know some ladies before going on ACG Tour, but they said that it is best to go there and meet them ..........  I was right after all. 

Latin American Cupid site is very good, but also too many competitions.  I would rather know a woman who doesn't use Internet for LatinAmericanCupid, Amigos, LuckyLover, FriendFinder, ColombianCupid or whatever.........

LAC is far superior to the other sites if you are not exclusively focused on Colombia (then choose Colombiancupid.com) according to me and several other guys here.  Suggest you search for this site in the archives, far better than amigos and friendfinder...I signed up for 6 months, it was the best $75 I ever spent in my life. 

There is also a social networking site that has tons of SA ladies on it, I forget the name of it though  -- geared towards the ladies in their 20's probably.  It is mentioned in one of the threads that LAC is discussed recently. 

The goal of using a website is to find 3 or 4 verified prospects in one city before you board a plane & if the lady has a webcam/internet cafe nearby you can really see & communicate with her + whatever the agency can turn up.  Excellent investment, imo.  I like the agencies that have email with the clients, you can use the same techniques as LAC (except the agency only has email service  )...you should have a real good idea of some women at the agency before you fork over big bucks for the trip. 

Before buying a membership on an agency I would insist on some webcam interviews of ladies I would be interested in via the webcam at the agency office -- if  they want your money they will probably make it happen + you will find out if the lady is really interested in you because she has to take a taxi to the agency office. It's a buyers market out there. 

DayTrader

« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 10:31:25 AM by daytrader »

Offline raycjs

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 11:45:19 AM »
UKCaliumbo

I have been there 8 times in the last 9 or 10 months and i will be back there in 2 weeks. I am going to meet Jeff from this board and help him while i am there. If i can ever help you PM me and i will give you my phone number. I like the area very much and my girl was not on any site other then facebook because she is a college grad
we meet first thur emails. I purchased her email address from the service and we talk for 2 to 3 months prior to my first trip. I agree with you on not wanting to find someone searching the net on all of theses dating site's but you must keep an open mind there are some good ones out there on those sites. it is warm in Barranquilla and sometime hot but not where you can not handle it i would not make the heat stop you from visiting there the women are very nice and family is very important to them there.

Again i wish you the best of luck and if i can help you just PM Me

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 12:49:11 PM »
I've heard www.cybercupido.com mentioned before...it's in Spanish so there might be less competition from other gringos?

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 01:32:54 PM »
I just directed a buddy of mine to Bogota to the LLM agency. He had been to cali and did not like the women there  and thought they were too inmature for him. You should consider Bogota. One of the best cities I have been too. it has it all, great women, great places to eat, great climate if you like  it on the mild side and great clubs and attractions. Everybody here likes something different and that's fine, but if a professional women who still knows how to treat her man like a King is what you are looking for, then Bogota is hands down the best city in Colombia for finding that.
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline UKCaliumbo

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 01:46:41 PM »
I just directed a buddy of mine to Bogota to the LLM agency. He had been to cali and did not like the women there  and thought they were too inmature for him. You should consider Bogota. One of the best cities I have been too. it has it all, great women, great places to eat, great climate if you like  it on the mild side and great clubs and attractions. Everybody here likes something different and that's fine, but if a professional women who still knows how to treat her man like a King is what you are looking for, then Bogota is hands down the best city in Colombia for finding that.

Thanks.  I'll consider Bogota as well as Medellin.  I want to travel around Colombia and get to know the country well. 

Offline UKCaliumbo

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 01:49:31 PM »
I've heard www.cybercupido.com mentioned before...it's in Spanish so there might be less competition from other gringos?

I just joined that site.  Thanks for the link.  I'll see what happened in the next few days to see if it is a good site for me ........

Offline UKCaliumbo

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 01:51:56 PM »
UKCaliumbo

I have been there 8 times in the last 9 or 10 months and i will be back there in 2 weeks. I am going to meet Jeff from this board and help him while i am there. If i can ever help you PM me and i will give you my phone number. I like the area very much and my girl was not on any site other then facebook because she is a college grad
we meet first thur emails. I purchased her email address from the service and we talk for 2 to 3 months prior to my first trip. I agree with you on not wanting to find someone searching the net on all of theses dating site's but you must keep an open mind there are some good ones out there on those sites. it is warm in Barranquilla and sometime hot but not where you can not handle it i would not make the heat stop you from visiting there the women are very nice and family is very important to them there.

Again i wish you the best of luck and if i can help you just PM Me

Ray

Thank you very much, but phone will do no good for me because I am deaf :(

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 04:26:49 PM »
from what i have seen, never don't the tour parties, but i been in a few agencies when they were going on. LAI in bogota is probably the best for these, as far as girls,  fun things to do, nelson makes it pretty fun  party with the client's and girls. if you want to do the tour thing, go with LAI in Bogota, they are also a good agency, if you just want to meet girls too, and LLM is right next door, also, so 2 agencies next to each other, cant beat that.

ACG is a waste of money in my opinion in every aspect.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 04:26:49 PM »

Offline pablo

• I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 12:56:58 PM »
Ray, thank you very much for the link.  Sean had already given me this link last night.  It looks very good, but these ladies live in Barranquilla.   Barranquilla might be way too hot for me to travel.  I would have liked much cooler weather like Cali, Medellin or Bogota. 

UKC,

From one Limey to another I would advise you NOT to rule out Barranquilla merely because of the weather!  (FYI, the current five day forecast for BNQ is 29C, Cali 29-31C, MDE 22C, BOG 18-21C)  You're certainly not going to let a little hot weather detract you from your mission, are you troop?   :-\

If I were you I would give serious consideration to Jamie's agency because unlike most other agencies, they will work hard trying to match up interested women in you after submitting your interested ladies list to them.  If you have limited amounts of vacation time each year I think Jamie's service, even though some may consider to be expensive, would be money well spent.  In the long run, after everything is considered, it just might be the most cost effective means to find your media naranja when you factor in expensive airfare tickets, lodging, etc., with multiple trips visiting Latin America.  Plus, you might have a specific need with your deafness in finding a Latina where this would not be a concern for her.  At the least, I would email Jamie and speak with him regarding your search and get some feedback from him. He is a straight shooter.

I'd also encourage you to hit those Spanish lessons mate!  ;)   
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:11:16 PM by pablo »

Offline UKCaliumbo

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 04:31:53 PM »
UKC,

I'd also encourage you to hit those Spanish lessons mate!  ;)   

I am already learning Spanish, but if the lady wants to live in UK, then she will have to learn English more than I learn Spanish.   I am NOT going to live in any Spanish-speaking countries at least in the immediate future.  If the lady wants me to live in her country, then she is not the right lady for me.  I have built my Fashion business and I do not want to waste it. 

About language, these ladies should really need to learn English, because they will see English words everywhere every day.  Knowledge of basic Spanish will be enough for men who do not expect to live in 'ladies' countries.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 174