It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Advice on Medellin from you experts out there please!  (Read 16550 times)

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Advice on Medellin from you experts out there please!
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2011, 01:07:51 PM »
This is a sensitive topic, admitted. Im trying to objective, but its really just my opinion based on a very small sampling of Colombian women!!!!!!

Of course and thanks for your observations.

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2011, 09:30:46 PM »
flyboy , sent you a PM

Offline Zon

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 10:15:30 AM »
Just spent 5 days in Cali, and the comparison between the two cities helped my structure my thoughts about Medellin.

Medellin, in the popular areas, is nowhere near as friendly as Cali.   But, when you move out to the places that do not have 50 hostels, and gringo gulch, it becomes more friendly.   The weather and landscape of Medellin is beautiful and fresh.   Cali has some great malls, and areas that are on par with the nice locations in Medellin, but they are smaller.  the number of sophisticated / educated people are less in Cali too.   

There are some pretty girls in Cali - absolutely.  But, nowhere near the % of VERY attractive women in Medellin. 

I feel a little safer in Cali.  The tough guys are much more open and tolerant of visitors here.  In Medellin, it is best to keep a lower profile and not mix.    This is a violent country, and [snip] happens all the time ... it is best to at least know when you are taking risks, and at other times hedge against it. 

It is hard not to love Cali.  It has a great vibe. The place is amazing for the ego.  It is fun and exciting.   But, Medellin still seems to be two notches above to me.

Meeting women gets easier and easier for me as my language skills
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 10:17:26 AM by Zon »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 10:15:30 AM »

Offline JimD

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2011, 06:58:50 PM »
Our first day together we went to the beach and she wore a long sleeve tee over her bikini so she wouldn't "darken". She insisted throughout the day there was no Negro blood in her family.

There are two possibilities. One: she had black blood and didn´t want to admit it (though I can´t imagine why this would be a topic of conversation between you two). Two: she was of wayuú (Indian) origen and it was true. The wayuú Indians are really dark skinned. If their head was hidden in a photograph you´d you´d be hard pressed to say which they were. Both possibilities are equally plausable in Cartagena. You can´t always use facial features to distinguish between African origin and Indian origin. At least I can´t but hair is almost always a dead give away. If it is long and straight and black and you don´t think it´s been ironed then small chance there´s any African influence. If she has really Indian features and figure like my girlfriend but has curly hair there is African influence in her mix.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline AndyLee

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2011, 07:54:56 PM »
If she has really Indian features and figure like my girlfriend but has curly hair there is African influence in her mix.

hahaha, I didn't know that. You just iced the cake, she definitely had the long black curly hair. I remember on our "dress up date" she spent about an hour with a hand held wand that ironed her hair straight. She looked stunning with straight hair......but she was stunning, period.
If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Offline JaxPaul24

• Trips: 1 - 3
A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots. - Marcus Garvey

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 201