It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Wild drunk night in medallo whew!!  (Read 22364 times)

Offline Awesome

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Wild drunk night in medallo whew!!
« on: May 02, 2014, 07:31:38 PM »
I met up with a gringo buddy about 8pm last night.  We started drinking and smoking in the parque with some locals for a couple of hours, then we went barhopping all up and down 33rd st and then 70th street.  Then about 2:30 we didn't know where else to go so we headed to the strip clubs in el centro and stayed there drinking until they closed around 4 or 5am.  Then we went to this punk rocker hippy park en el centro to try to buy a joint.  Eventhough I knew better, I let my gringo buddy do the talking while I sat and waited for him on a park bench.  He was taking forever standing around talking to some colombianos.  I didn't know what they were talking about but my buddy was looking kind of vulnerable talking to those guys and they didn't look like it was a friendly conversation.  So I got up and started walking over there to see if he had got himself into a tight situation.  Well when I walked up the main pissed off looking dude just walked away then we just left the park.  So the only thing I could think of was to walk back to where the strip club is and find a taxi who will take us to an after hour place.  Well we found a taxi and he took us to a real sketchy looking place.  It was totally unmarked with no sign outside or anything.  I didn't want to go inside because it didn't look very legit, but once we got inside everything was gravy.  This place was jumping, kind of like a strip club/dance club.  We stayed there drinking until about 8am then we went back to the hippy park and started drinking and smoking in the park with some locals that we befriended.  It was crazy because all these normal people were passing by on their way to work and school and we were partying in the park early in the morning like it was the normal thing to do.  There were points I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt.  We were having WAY too much fun.  Then finally around 11am I decided to call it quits and everbody split up and went home.  And I know what you're thinking, no we didn't bang any hookers and no we didn't do any cocaine.  We did meet this one gringo on la 70 that was LIT UP.  His eyes were as big as baseballs and he could barely even talk.  We sat down for a while at the same bar he was at and he dropped some bottles on the floor and almost got into a tight situation with some colombianos, then his group got him the hell out of there.

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
Re: Wild drunk night in medallo whew!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 09:44:10 PM »
I Don't think I'll go partying with you. Your a Burundaga victim waiting too happen..ja..ja.ja. :)

Offline Awesome

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 02:00:32 AM »
I Don't think I'll go partying with you. Your a Burundaga victim waiting too happen..ja..ja.ja. :)

Ah come on expat don't be like that.  Meet me tomorrow in el centro for the marijuana cannabis march.  I'll buy you some special brownies.   ;D

This cute little paisa chick has been hitting me up on facebook.  She wanted to go out tonight, but I wasn't in the mood after how last night went.  She's studying english and seems like a nice person so I'll maybe try to meet up with her tomorrow and see how it goes.  And I probably won't say anything about the cannabis march to her.  I think that kind of stuff is frowned upon by most colombians and I don't want to scare her away.  I wouldn't want her to think I'm some degenerate who parties way too much. jaja!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 02:14:18 AM by Awesome »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 02:00:32 AM »

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 08:27:55 AM »
I would chill this behavior if I were you

Another Dennis Levy would not be welcome news on this forum.

Sorry, but you are exactly the kind of guy I totally avoid in any travel destination I go to. You attract trouble.
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 03:09:03 PM »
Hey Awesome Buddy..How's it goin? Havent heard from you in a while..hows it going? hope your not stuck in a cage in a FARC Camp or in a Colombia Jail, or in the street without your wallet, back pack, computer , cell phone, clothes and an awful dolor de cabeza y dolor de culo tambien!!!

Offline Awesome

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 09:06:49 PM »
I´m alive!!  My damn mobile internet ran out on me, so I´m in a ciber cafe.

Yea I think me and that gringo I was hanging out with were a bad combination and I think I got most of that crazy street partying out of my system.  The cannabis march saturday was INSANE though!  There must have been 10k people out there.  The march ended up at parque de las luces and that´s when I realized I was surrounded by a bunch of teenagers just sitting around not really doing anything.  There were a few pretty girls but they all looked really young so I just went home early.

I might meet up some other gringos tomorrow who are the more careful  tranquilo type.  No more crazy all nighters in sketchy places.

Offline gyounger

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 07:40:39 AM »

Sorry, but you are exactly the kind of guy I totally avoid in any travel destination I go to. You attract trouble.

That's exactly what and who I thought of when I read his story.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 09:57:49 AM »
I´m alive!!  My damn mobile internet ran out on me, so I´m in a ciber cafe.

Yea I think me and that gringo I was hanging out with were a bad combination and I think I got most of that crazy street partying out of my system.  The cannabis march saturday was INSANE though!  There must have been 10k people out there.  The march ended up at parque de las luces and that´s when I realized I was surrounded by a bunch of teenagers just sitting around not really doing anything.  There were a few pretty girls but they all looked really young so I just went home early.

I might meet up some other gringos tomorrow who are the more careful  tranquilo type.  No more crazy all nighters in sketchy places.

happy huntin

we hope to not see your picture on the front page of the picture down there  ;)
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Awesome

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 06:04:06 PM »

I must ask, where did you see in my post that I "attract trouble"?  All I did was go into bars and,,,,,drink beer.  How exactly is that "attracting trouble"?  I never disrespected anybody, or drew any unnecessary attention to myself, other than being seen with a tall blonde haired gringo.  My gringo buddy drew some awkward attention a couple of times but he handled it well.  Yea when we were in the hippy weed park late at night, things got a little hairy, but that's ONLY because I let my gringo buddy do the talking with his kindergarten level spanish.  Other than that, we had a great time with zero problems or "trouble".

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 06:10:07 AM »
Where is Medello?

Offline Awesome

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 08:53:53 AM »
Where is Medello?

6°13′51″N 75°35′26″W

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 09:20:53 AM »

6°13′51″N 75°35′26″W

really, you can't just tell me the country like a normal person would have

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 05:15:44 PM »
oops double post :(
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 05:15:44 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 10:39:16 AM »
Its a Moniker or nick-name for Medellin, kinda like Philly is for Philedelphia.TO or HogTown is for Toronto,  Frisco is for SFO, Ben Town is for Boston,

6°13′51″N 75°35′26″W

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 10:41:58 AM »

Its a Moniker or nick-name for Medellin, kinda like Philly is for Philedelphia.TO or HogTown is for Toronto,  Frisco is for SFO, Ben Town is for Boston,

really, you can't just tell me the country like a normal person would have

Offline Awesome

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 04:54:53 PM »
I think my facebook chica is trying to seduce me.  I went to her place this morning and she cooked me breakfast.  Then we went to the Claro store in the mall where she signed to put an internet plan in her name for me.  Then we went to her gym to workout.  You should've seen the tight little outfit she was wearing.  This girl is a fitness fanatic.  I swear you could bounce a quarter off her buttocks.  Then we went to eat lunch after the gym and she suggested we go back to her place to "shower and just lounge around and be lazy the rest of the day".  I ended up talking my way out of it and caught a bus back to my place.  She's a paramedic and today was her day off from work.

I don't want to get in too deep with this chick because she's too smart, I wouldn't be able to hit it and quit it.  And the main thing is now that she has my internet plan in her name, if I let her fall in love with me and then I try to shake her off later on she could just cancel my internet plan and I'll be screwed.  But mainly she's a good person and I don't want to play with her emotions like that.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 09:16:49 AM »

Just ask her to smoke a Doobey and youll scare her off. How old is she?

Ha.ha,you sound like me...some say you are scared  of sex..

I think my facebook chica is trying to seduce me.  I went to her place this morning and she cooked me breakfast.  Then we went to the Claro store in the mall where she signed to put an internet plan in her name for me.  Then we went to her gym to workout.  You should've seen the tight little outfit she was wearing.  This girl is a fitness fanatic.  I swear you could bounce a quarter off her buttocks.  Then we went to eat lunch after the gym and she suggested we go back to her place to "shower and just lounge around and be lazy the rest of the day".  I ended up talking my way out of it and caught a bus back to my place.  She's a paramedic and today was her day off from work.

I don't want to get in too deep with this chick because she's too smart, I wouldn't be able to hit it and quit it.  And the main thing is now that she has my internet plan in her name, if I let her fall in love with me and then I try to shake her off later on she could just cancel my internet plan and I'll be screwed.  But mainly she's a good person and I don't want to play with her emotions like that.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 04:40:04 PM »
Just ask her to smoke a Doobey and youll scare her off. How old is she?

Ha.ha,you sound like me...some say you are scared  of sex..

She's 26 I think, or 27.  I already told her I smoke pot.  She said she tried it once with her ex boyfriend.

Yea as far as the sex thing, I can already tell this girl would get very clingy.  Plus I already know that she wants to go the usa.  She told me she recently got denied for a tourist visa.

If I wanted carefree meaningless sex I would go to the backpacker hostel and pick up on some german and swedish chicks, which is EXACTLY what I'm doing tonight. :)  We already got a group together to go out tonight.  I just got to eat a good meal and then start the pre-pre-drinking, then move on to the pre-drinking, and then the pre-party, and then by then the PARTAAY should be in full swing.  The basic plan is to rip parque lleras to shreds tonight.  Actually these euro chicks I'll be with know medellin better than I do, so I'll just be doing good to keep up with them.  Wish me luck!! ;)

Offline Awesome

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 10:35:29 AM »
Hey Awesome Buddy..How's it goin? Havent heard from you in a while..hows it going? hope your not stuck in a cage in a FARC Camp or in a Colombia Jail, or in the street without your wallet, back pack, computer , cell phone, clothes and an awful dolor de cabeza y dolor de culo tambien!!!

Holy crap it happened to me!!  Everything was going good.  We were partying in parque lleras when I branched off with this gringo guy who know some better clubs.  So we ditched our group and I followed him to some other bars.  Well the last thing I remember we were in some club around 3:30 still drinking...

The next thing I know I'm waking up on a sidewalk bench or something with some old ladies asking if I was ok.  I didn't know what the hell was going on.  I didn't know where I was at or how I got there.  I phone and cash were gone.  The old ladies got me into a taxi back to my hotel.  I don't know if they paid or the taxi gave me a free ride.  Then back at the hotel the hotel ladies were all worried about me.  They came to check on me every few hours in my room.

I just stayed in bed all day saturday and I threw up about 3 times.  But it wasn't from the alcohol.  No matter how drunk I've ever got in my life, I've NEVER blacked out like that.  I'm convinced I was drugged.  Plus when I did wake up I had this weird feeling that was not an alcohol hangover feeling.  It was something else.  I have ZERO recollection from 3:30am to saturday morning when the old ladies found me on the sidewalk.

Man that was super embarrassing being totally helpless like that and not even knowing what happened.  I guess I'm lucky to be alive.  I do have a little bruise/scrape on my face close to my ear and my left hip is kind of tender but not a visible bruise.  I'm thinking I must've fallen down at some point.  Now I'm going to catch up with the gringo I was with to see if he knows what happened.  I don't know how I got separated from him.  Maybe the same thing happened to him.  I have no clue. I hope the guy's ok.  And we weren't even in any sketchy places.  We were in freaking poblado.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 12:03:18 PM »
If your telling the truth (I kinda wonder if you are) , its kinda like going on Public Internet and admitting you Sh!t your pants, AFTER you took a box of ex-lax, AFTER everyone on the Internet WARNED you- NOT to eat the box of EX Lax, and if you did do, it spend the day sitting on the "Throne".

Like I said, I have serious doubts this is true, because a.) You have to be pretty stupid to do it in the first place, and b.) You would have to be even STUPIDER to admit it after everyone warned you.

If it is true, I really think you are a strong contender for the "Darwin" awards..some year..you'll be on this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Lc5DNhMxYvk

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 12:11:04 PM »
Everybody knows Poblado is the worst place for Danga muggings..the rich Colombians and Gringos (espescially the naive dope-smoking back packer types) attract the "Bad Guys (and Girls)" like flies to sh!t.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 04:01:54 PM »
Everybody knows Poblado is the worst place for Danga muggings..the rich Colombians and Gringos (espescially the naive dope-smoking back packer types) attract the "Bad Guys (and Girls)" like flies to sh!t.

Maybe, but I'd already branched off from the backpackers who were acting like they were on spring break in cancun.  I was with a local gringo.  I would've never thought that he'd take me somewhere that would happen.  I still want to find the guy to make sure he's okay.

All day yesterday I was thinking deep about life and how short it is, or can be.  I wanted to call my mom but then I don't want to tell anybody in my family what happened because it would upset them too much.  Even this hotel lady she was pretty shook up to see me like that.  I was nauseous the whole next day.  I would drink some water and just puke it right back up.  I'm ok now.  I've been drinking water and eating good food all day.

Someone would have to be a real true lowlife to put something in somebody's drink.  That's just really really low.

Oh and about admitting on the internet.  This is the perfect place to admit it.  I'm totally anonymous.  There's no shame involved.  Imagine the shame I felt when people were crowded around me in broad daylight asking me if I was ok or even alive.  That's the main thing I was thinking, que verguenza!

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 07:37:55 PM »
I am not sure if I believe this really, happened to you, or all your crazy rantings in general. You look at my earlier post,before this happened, I said "You were a "Burundanga victim" waiting to happen.. and sure enough, my prediction came true.

Not only that, at least 6 other guys on this site warned you.

Do you know there are hundreds of Burundanga druggings in Poblado every year? You have to worry about it all over Latin America. Being alone (or with 2 people) late at night and heavy drinking is damn dangerous. If your gonna do , it, you should have a "Designated Body Guard" or two, preferably a mature Colombian you know well and trust-even if you have to pay him 100 K COP. Its best to stay in control all of the time.

I know lots of people who have been "Danga'd" in Colombia and Trinidad, and they even tried it on me once when I was slightly younger and a lot  stupider in Cuba. Lucky I had my "Wing-Man" buddy there, and we had a plan- run, run, run together, as soon as things got"sketchy"

I hope you have learned something from this, and do things a little different and tart to get some real "street Smarts". NEVER lose control in Colombia. Otherwise they'll be sending you back to your parents in a Body Bag, and you'll be up there on the list in Next Years "Darwin" awards.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 07:37:55 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2014, 07:45:54 PM »
I am not sure if I believe this really, happened to you, or all your crazy rantings in general. You look at my earlier post,before this happened, I said "You were a "Burundanga victim" waiting to happen.. and sure enough, my prediction came true.

Not only that, at least 6 other guys on this site warned you.

Do you know there are hundreds of Burundanga druggings in Poblado every year? You have to worry about it all over Latin America. Being alone (or with 2 people) late at night and heavy drinking is
 damn dangerous. If your gonna do , it, you should have a "Designated Body Guard" or two, preferably a mature Colombian you know well and trust-even if you have to pay him 100 K COP. Its best to stay in control all of the time.

I know lots of people who have been "Danga'd" in Colombia and Trinidad, and they even tried it on me once when I was slightly younger and a lot  stupider in Cuba. Lucky I had my "Wing-Man" buddy there, and we had a plan- run, run, run together, as soon as things got"sketchy"

I hope you have learned something from this, and do things a little different and tart to get some real "street Smarts". NEVER lose control in Colombia. Otherwise they'll be sending you back to your parents in a Body Bag, and you'll be up there on the list in Next Years "Darwin" awards.
+1

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2014, 07:46:26 PM »
Awesome if all this is true (which for some reason I'm beginning to doubt) I've never quite understood your cavalier approach to safety in Colombia. Elexpatriado is right...that kind of [snip] happens to countless people every year and sometimes the consequences are a lot worse than waking up surrounded by people that are wondering if you're breathing. Think about whether or not you're the type of guy that keeps his eyes on what he's drinking all night and that should tell you the entire story...because I NEVER take my eyes off mine. If I have a can of coke and a waitress is pouring Jack Daniel's in a glass for me, they are both in my hands until they run out or I get another. They go to the bathroom with me and everything! I always thought that was like the #3 rule in the Gringo SOTB Handbook. Maybe I'm just a paranoid SOB. Why do you feel so invincible there? I party once in a while but you're doing [snip] I wouldn't even do in Houston! I've never been to Medellin. Do all the flowers and the good weather give people the impression it's a "leave your front door open" kind of town?..because that sure as hell ain't what the news is reporting.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:51:48 PM by benjio »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864