Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 03:16:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What does a size 12 woman look like?  (Read 14119 times)
Seeker
« on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Right now, I'd rather sound dumb, than not know... Google couldn't help me with this one. If someone, wouldn't mind looking at CaliVIP or LE and pointing out three women, a size 10, 12, & 14. I just want to get a general idea. The woman writing me is 1.58 cm. and states she is size 12. I'm having a hard time picturing if she is too big for my taste. Thanks.
Onephd
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What does a size 12 woman look like?, posted by Seeker on Jan 11, 2005

Ok, a size 12 is not same here especially if she is talking about pants or a suit.

I think it is fair to say that she is going to have some meat on her bones but not fat by any stretch of the imagination.

The sizes run about 2 sizes apart.  That is, a 8 in Colombia is about a 4-6 here

I have a friend that is 4' 9 and weighs about 99 pounds and wears a size 6 in pants.  She is tiny.  

Unless you have a thing for skinny women, you probably won't be disappointed with a size 12..  She is probably more like an american size 8-10

Terence

WS244
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What does a size 12 woman look like?, posted by Onephd on Jan 12, 2005

test
Johnboy
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What does a size 12 woman look like?, posted by Onephd on Jan 12, 2005

[This message has been edited by Johnboy]

"The sizes run about 2 sizes apart. That is, a 8 in Colombia is about a 4-6 here"
--------
Wow! you know that makes sense, because when i shop for myself in Colombia a Large size, which is my U.S. size, is a little small on me there. My x-(American)wife was a 6 which is really ideal for a woman 5'6". My Latina wife wears a Colombian 6, or tries to wear it i should say. They fit skin tight. It is hilarious watching here get into them. She holds on tight with both hands and jumps up and down. I'd say, "sweetie, you either have to lose some weight or try an 8". I am in favor of the former. She's got a little more butt then my x. For me, a woman rarely can be too thin. But she is convinced she is a 6. It never occurred to me that she may already be an American 6. Ohhhh yeah!
Ricardo
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What does a size 12 woman look like?, posted by Seeker on Jan 11, 2005

You could ask for a recent foto.... I am assuming you don't have one of her, or you wouldn't  be asking if she is too 'big' for you.  I found that frequently the pics on the site don't tell the (whole) story, and if it's a studio pic, even further off base with the real woman - in the flest, so to speak.  I would request a foto, and the sooner the better, before you develop a 'relationship' with her.  i found latinas are prone to develop a liking for a guy - rather quickly, and if/when the interest cools, like what would happen if she physically doesn't measure up, she could be offended, like ' que paso mi amor', etc...... however, like we say here, " your milage may vary"...  Good luck,
Ricardo
Ricardo
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What does a size 12 woman look like?, posted by Ricardo on Jan 12, 2005

typo .... meant 'in the flesh'; 'your mileage may vary'...
sorry, late nite on the pc!
Seeker
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: What does a size 12 woman look l..., posted by Ricardo on Jan 12, 2005

You made some good points Ricardo. I've requested a photo from her. I can understand her concerns about privacy, etc., but it is difficult for me to continue writing a woman that I don't know from even a photograph.  

Even though I have a photo on my profile, I've been asked by two women to send them a couple of extra pics. I guess they understand that a single photo can be misleading. One of them e-mailed me her phone number in Medellin and wants me to call. However, I never heard from the other one again. I guess you can't please everyone.

utopiacowboy
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by utopiacowboy]

She is about 5'2" tall. If she's a size 12 by our clothing measurements, that's a "big" little woman. I find this hard to believe actually. My wife is 5'4" and about 105-110 pounds and she's a size 4. I just asked my wife about this and she says that in Colombia she's a size 8. She says size 12 in Colombia may not be too large since my wife is fairly skinny.
MarkNJ
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What does a size 12 woman look like?, posted by utopiacowboy on Jan 11, 2005

I remember reading an article in a Marketing Journel a few years ago regarding the sale of clothing to women here in the states.   Basically it said that many of the designers and clothing manufacters were "cutting" sizes larger than what would normally be stated so that the women would feel good when they bought that particular outfit.   There might have been some truth to that article because if your wife is an "American size 4" but in Colombia and other SA countries she is a 8.   So we now have all of these dumpy
American women feeling good about themselves because they can "fit" into a 8 but in reality they are a 12+.  Just another reason why we should all continue our search to find that special SA woman who is comfortable with her sexuality and that she is a woman...  A REAL WOMAN
doombug
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What does a size 12 woman look like?, posted by utopiacowboy on Jan 11, 2005

[This message has been edited by doombug]

I discovered that ring sizes are somewhat different in Peru than those measured in the States or Europe.  I'm assuming that the same goes for clothing or female body size.

This conversion chart might help explain some of it--IF you can find out which system they use in Colombia:  

http://www.onlineconversion.com/womens_clothing.htm

It seems not all countries in South or Central America go by the same system.

Seeker
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Thank you, both to you and your wife. By the way, this woman is from Medellin too.
Brandon2253
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

What is size "M" in Colombia? The same as medium here?
Onephd
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to As long as we are on the subject..., posted by Brandon2253 on Jan 11, 2005

M is for Medium, but if a medium from the US could fit a person that wears a large there.  

That is if she says she wears a medium in colombia, a small may fit. it depends on what you are buying.  I think things like jackets are the only thing that might translate well from country to country.

doombug
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to As long as we are on the subject..., posted by Brandon2253 on Jan 11, 2005

"M" could mean "Misses" size.

You've got your "Junior" (typical filipina), your "Misses" (typical Latina), "Women's" (typical Euro chick), and "Gargantua" (4500 calorie/day gringas).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: