Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 06:14:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clarifiication  (Read 33591 times)
Brandon2253
« on: December 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey guys,
 First off, I would like to say I greatly appreciate everyone's advice.  I just want to address a few of the things that just about everyone mentioned.  Number one is that I am not neccessarily looking for marriage, rather I am not opposed to it.  I am certainly not going to rush into it, and think it would take me (at minimum) 2 years with a girl before I seriously considered it.  Second the money issue is not a problem for me.  My job gives me 46k per year, and I dont have many bills since I am practically on a full ride to my school.  Also, I was wondering if anybody knew anything about Manizales?

Thanks,
Brandon

JimmySTLOUIS
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Clarifiication, posted by Brandon2253 on Dec 30, 2004

Brandon

Its cool that you make good money. I do OK with money too but dont under estimate the amount of money it takes to do this. Most guys (myself included) would never admit to the amount they spend. Sure some guys dont spend THAT much but once you love a girl (in any country or language) it gets hard to say no.

TE AMO PERU!!!

jim

soltero
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Brandon, before you decide to make that move, spend some time on Buford Highway. Go to Plaza Fiesta and hang out on a Saturday or Sunday. Any day is good, but it is packed on those two days. There are many clubs in the area that you can go to. One good one is La Bomba in Marietta. Pretty upscale compared to the rest and many Colombianas there. Trust me, you will probably be one of the only Americans there either at the mall or in any of the clubs. The ones that are here already aren't going to be as enamored with the fact that you are a gringo, so if you can get along with them, then you will do well out of the country. It is also a very good way to practice your Spanish as many don't speak English, and when they do it is just barely. Walk the walk if that's what you want to do.
cabocancun
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Brandon,

If you are not looking for marriage, then Spring Break in Cancun would probably be a better alternative.
You can easily form a nice relationship with one of the latinas that work in the hotels and you will be relatively safe.

In Colombia,all of us place ourselves in a certain amount of risk.
Many of the attractive 18 year old girls appear to have Colombiano novios kissing and hugging them 24/7.
How would you handle a situation where a girl tells you she wants to break up with her boyfriend and be with you?

The potential cost of a mistake, far surpasses any potential benefit at this point in your life.
If you do go to Colombia,try to hook up with a gringo who knows what is going on down there(Pete or Pablo are good examples).

Buena Suerte...

Malandro
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

should be really nice climate.  

there is a university there you should probably check out.  I doubt too many gringos go there so you should have lots of opportunity to meet and approach women.  Spanish would certainly help.    Not sure too much about the night life but I would think you would have a blast.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: