Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 16, 2024, 03:57:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment broker in Medellin and/or Cali  (Read 19068 times)
latinmatt
« on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

I seem to remember seeing a post about someone knowing a reliable apartment broker in Medellin or Cali, but I can't seem to find it using the Forum Search.  Does anyone know a reliable broker or recall the aforementioned poster?  As I recall, it was about $700 to stay for a month.
Matt
Medellin Agency
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Apartment broker in Medellin and/or Cali, posted by latinmatt on Dec 31, 2004

latinmatt,

We have helped more than 15 of our guests buy properties in Medellín.   We also have contacts for apartment rentals as well as an apartment we rent also.  Please contact us or call us:

contactus@colombiansweethearts.com

Best regards,
Steve Valdez, Owner
www.colombiansweethearts.com
305-433-2207 (USA number which rings in Medellín)

Pete E
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Apartment broker in Medellin and/or Cali, posted by latinmatt on Dec 31, 2004

Sorry,no broker I would recommend in Cali.
Are you looking for one month only?Then you are a short term renter and the price is alot more than for long term in the local market.But,you avoid other problems,like needing 2 Colombian co signors with property and buying bedding and household items even if the place is furnished.
There are 2buildingsI knowhat have alot of short term rentals.One right across the street from the CasaCervesa in Normandia and the other next to chipi Chapi,on the main street in front of Carefore,brown with green trim.Here you can pay $70 a day for aweek or one guy wanted 1,400,000 a month for a1 bedroom and 1,800,000 for a 2bedroom,furnished,dishes,utilities,maid.Probably one month minimum andmaybe more.There was a 4 bedroom in t5here somebody wanted 2,800,000 but that was for long term.
So you go from hotel, like prices to something like I have,1,834,000 a month furnished.4 bedrooms5 baths.I spent $3000 on miscellaneous stuff and pay about $400 a month utilities.And  One year lease,6 months up front,Colombian co signor.AND I got lucky.I was here and looked for 7 weeks paying hotel rates in the meantime.
You can go to El Pais and classifieds.Here isthe total real estate section.You can do asearch by area price ect
http://elpais cali.terra.com.co/paisonline/clasificados/umostrarclas.php?padre=720&dia=domingo
Amoblado is furnished.But unless they say something about short term,week,month ect itsusually a one year lease.
Good luck.Its not easy but worth it if you will be here awhile.

Pete

Kiltboy1
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Give Steve Valdez, the owner of ColombianSweethearts  a call. He has many contacts in the apartment rental and purchase industry. You can trust him

KB

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: