Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 11:30:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honduros anyone?  (Read 31335 times)
OkieMan
« on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey guys,
 Any one out there have any experience with girls from Hondorus?
I have seen a few sites that features girls from Hondorus. (I hope that I spelled it right). I even talked to a dude that had a website.  For the most part, he is just an address seller.  He claimed that the Hondorun girls would be very accepting of gringos. He probably is right, but I have no experience with the ladies from Hondorus.  Frankly, I think the ladies from Colombia are more attractive anyhow.  But, still, I am curious if anyone has had some experience in that country.

OkieMan

utopiacowboy
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Honduros anyone?, posted by OkieMan on Dec 31, 2004

I told this story before but I'll tell it again. I was on the plane to Miami on my way to Medellin and I happened to sit next to a man and his son from San Pedro Sula. They had come to Houston to buy used trucks and ship them back to Honduras by barge for resale. That was how they made a living. They spoke pretty good English and they told me about life in Honduras especially San Pedro Sula. Colombia is Disney World compared to Honduras. I felt relieved that I was going to Medellin instead of San Pedro Sula with them. After talking to them, you could not pay me (literally) to go there such is the degree of violence and poverty.
CartagenaPapito
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Okie, I am all for testing the waters and all, but I think at some point soon, just pick a country, then a city, and then just let it fly. Once you a pick a city to visit you can spend literally weeks going through the different onlines websites and agencies and just concentrating on that one city and writing to girls that interest you.
There is really no bad choice. Not knowing your timetable you can be spending a lot of the online time here and WLC instead corresponding and chatting with potential candidates.
Medellin, Cali, Bogota, Barranquilla, Cartagena are all great choices as well as any of the other countries you asked about.
Unless you plan on spending a few months down there I would just pick a spot and hit it hard.
Good Luck!
OkieMan
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  Honduros anyone?, posted by CartagenaPapito on Dec 31, 2004

Yea, your right, and basically that is what I am in the process of doing.  My plans are to try and go back to Colombia in March.  Right now, I want to go to Medellin, and possibly to Cali.  I was in Cali in August.  Even though I have no relationship now,I am corresponding with a few ladies, and I am also staying in touch with Colombian Sweethearts in Medellin. So, from that standpoint, I think I have the basics covered.  I guess, I am just curious about several places, and I am trying to get some more ideas from all of you guys on this board. Thanks again.

OkieMan

soltero
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

My soon to be ex is Honduran. What would you like to know?
OkieMan
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  Honduros anyone?, posted by soltero on Dec 31, 2004

Soltero,
 I realize that since you are going through a divorce, you might not want to dwell on it; but I was just looking for some basic info about Honduras.  Mainly, I am trying to compare that to Colombia.  I have already had some other responses, but please feel free to share what you would like.  Since I have only been to Colombia, and that only one time; I still have a lot to learn.  Also,as I have said earlier; from what I can tell, I think the Colombian women are more attractive.  But, I am still open.

OkieMan

soltero
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re:  Honduros anyone?, posted by OkieMan on Dec 31, 2004

There are many beautiful women in Honduras. They are on average shorter and stockier and have a high tan complexion. With it being a very small country, there isn't much variation in appearance. There are about four or five different types of features, but they all look pretty similar. You get that through isolation, and they are very isolated as there aren't many other people who want to go there for more than a visit and thosewho live there that can are trying to leave. It is definitely a third world country, and pales by far in comparison to Colombia. The Hondurans think that it's a great thing to be able to get into Mexico, and the Mexicans have the same issue with them as we have with the Mexicans although they are more successful as they will shoot them trying to cross their border on occasion. I have as yet to have heard of anyone in a successful marriage with a Honduran. They are very work oriented when they get here because if you think that you will have to help the family back home with a Colombiana, you will have to REALLY help the Hondurenas. Anyone who gets out of there will probably be hit up by everyone they are related to, and they will feel truly guilty about anyone who was left behind. My soon to be ex's Aunt told me that there are 3 classes of people in Honduras. The middle class, the poor, and the miserable. While I was there, there was an issue on the news where someone was killing the street children and piling their bodies up in the fields. It was speculated that the government was trying to get them off of the streets as there was a multitude of homeless there. I had to step over people sleeping in the street at 10am to get to the bank. The Police and the military are one in the same. The phrases "Bannana Republic" and "Mosquito Coast" were both coined in reference to Honduras. You WILL NOT see a male over the age of 10 who is not carrying at least a machete. The country is very beautiful and unspoiled as there is not much development. I was in and out of San Pedro Sula which is the second largest city in the country, and it could have fit in a suburb of Atlanta with room to spare. There are actually more people living in Atlanta than in the entire country of Honduras. Not saying that you might not be able to find a wonderful wife there, but you would have to live there to do it in my opinion. They want to leave so badly, you would really have to spend time with the person to know their true motivations. There is so much more that I could tell you, but I think you get the general drift of it.
OkieMan
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re:  Honduros anyone?, posted by soltero on Dec 31, 2004

Soltero,
 Thanks for your insightful comments.  Obviously, you have a lot of personal experience, since you were or still are married to a lady from Honduras.  Though I don't want to get too personal, your statements then beg the question of why and how did you marry your wife? Also, places like TLC and others are doing tours there.  But, from what you have said, the situation is too desperate.  I feel for the people, but I would certainly not want to get into a situation like you described.  At any rate, it sounds like I should stick to Colombia.  But, also, I feel better informed about the Honduran situation.  Thanks.

OkieMan

soltero
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re:  Honduros anyone?, posted by OkieMan on Jan 1, 2005

I was you without this forum or any other info. I was completely green and just knew that I didn't want an AW anymore for anything in the world. I am glad that I had the experience because it was like a crash course in what NOT to do (smile). I did everything myself including filing the forms with immigration. It was like being on an Island thinking you were the only one living there to find out after the fact that there is a city and a four lane highway on the other side.
thunderbolt
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

1) It is Honduras.  They are Spanish, not Greek Smiley
2) Any girl advertising herself with an agency by default will be accepting of gringos - why else would she sign up?
3) There are attractive ladies in Honduras, just as there are in Colombia, but on average the people in Honduras are shorter and stockier - unless that's your type stick to Colombia.
4) Honduras is a very small and underdeveloped country, while Colombia appears to be a lot more civilized and urban.  Frankly, a girl from Honduras in my opinion will adjust better to Tulsa than a girl from a major city in SA.
5) If you marry one, you will have to eat pupusas every day Smiley j/k  It could be a good or a bad thing, depending on your taste.  (If you never had one, it is a sort of a flat tamale without the corn husk.)

When I lived in New Orleans, there were a lot of people in my school from Honduras.   A LOT.  I even dated briefly a girl from there.  They are generally nice and simple people, very friendly and open.  If you think a lot of younger girls in Colombia have kids, in Honduras pretty much all of them will (at least that's my experience).

OkieMan
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  Honduros anyone?, posted by thunderbolt on Dec 31, 2004

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me.  By the way, I am normally a better speller, but this time, I misspelled Honduras.  At any rate, no, I do not prefer the shorter, stockier build.  That's why I said what I did about preferring Colombian women.  But, still, I was curious if anyone had some info to share; and you did.  That helps.  Are you from New Orleans originally?  Do you live there now?
Also, to let you know, even though Tulsa is not as big as New Orleans, the metro area here has somewhere over a 1/2 million people, and growing.  Frankly, the areas that I would worry about competing with would be like Florida; and in particular Miami.  I recently wrote a lady in Medellin, and she told me she had family in Florida and was going to be visiting them.  Unfortunately, I have not heard from her again.  Hopefully, I can meet her, if I get to go to Medellin soon.  But, I would worry that we would not have what she is looking for.(Palms trees, heavy hispanic pop. etc). Having said that, we have alot of hispanics now; mostly Mexican.  They have mostly moved here in the last 10 years.  They come up through Texas.
But, I am told that there are latinas scattered all over the US.  In fact, the lady and her husband who owns Latin-Internet live in the Chicago area.  She is from Cali, and visits them quite abit. She just happened to be there in August when I was there, and I got to visit a little bit.
Well, have a Happy New Year.
                             OkieMan
thunderbolt
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re:  Honduros anyone?, posted by OkieMan on Dec 31, 2004

No, I am not originally from NO, but I did live there for a year when I was 15-16.  Without ever going to Honduras, I believe Tulsa will be a bigger, more urban and definitely more modern place than anything there.

I do live in FL myself, just recently moved there, and I do think it will be a plus Smiley  Chances are I will find someone here, but I decided to give a try to the whole Colombian trip thing as a fun and cool adventure; I am sure all things being equal I could do better over there in terms of finding a girl.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: