Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 20, 2024, 03:33:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You can take a girl out of the city...  (Read 41214 times)
slojas1
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: You can take a girl out of the city...., posted by zack on Dec 27, 2004

Completely agree with you on this one Zack. I met my wife in Barranquilla just before she graduated from the university. She is originally from San Andres and her family could hardly be described as the partying type. While in BQ we never spent the night in a club partying and when in Cartagena most of our time was spent learning about each other and the history of the city. She is completely content to spend the day at home and it wouldn't matter if home was in the city or in a rural area. She was completely into me!
Check out the woman, her upbringing and who she has become over the years. My wife is very serious, she still knows how to party, but that is very low on her scale of priorities. It has been said many times, the woman has to be totally in love with you, crazy for you, and all other expressions for the relationship to work. Just imagine being in a country with only 1 person to rely on and not speaking the language of the locals. That is what we are doing/asking our women to do.
You can take a woman out of her environment and if you have her heart she will be happy to change for you. If not, you can take a girl out of the club but ..........
zack
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: You can take a girl out of the c..., posted by slojas1 on Dec 28, 2004

I'm glad things are working out for you. I agree that as long as a woman is crazy about you, she will probably tolerate either a big city or a rural area regardless of her personal preference. But it is still important to get to know her and determine which she prefers in order to prepare yourself (and her). This is why I feel that a fiance visa is usually a better choice vs marrying in Colombia because it allows her to get a feel for what she is in for prior to getting married.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: