Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 10:08:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: women from Bogota  (Read 29170 times)
rj556
« on: December 27, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Is there a big difference in the women from Cali to the women in Bogota? I was told by an agency that it is like night and day.Ten times the women speak English, more educated and serious about marriage.If you want to play ,cali is the place to be,but if you are serious Bogota is where to go,,,,any truth to that?HuhHuh
CartagenaPapito
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to women from Bogota, posted by rj556 on Dec 27, 2004

More educated yes, more cultured yes, serious about marriage, well depends as compared to what city. More serious than Cali I would agree but no more so than Barranquilla or any of the coastal cities.
As far as 10 times the women speak english in Bogota well, 10 times a very small number is still small.
I happen to be talking to Nelson (owner of LAI in BOGOTA) on his cell phone phone when he was Florida right before Thanksgiving, just to let him about about a man he knew and met his wife through Nelson and was a good friend of mine who had passed away. We were chatting about the Bogota women and Nelson told me that no more than 20% of the women in his agency speak english. I was surprised it was that low. But again in BQ or Cali it is probably a fraction of that number. So it is all a matter of what your frame of reference is.
OkieMan
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: women from Bogota, posted by CartagenaPapito on Dec 27, 2004

Can you please give me the info on how to contact the agency you mentioned?  It seems that several posters refer to it as LAI and I don't know what the full name is or how to get in touch with them.  Not unless they turn out to be some that I do know, but I don't think so.  At any rate, your help would be appreciated. I am always trying to keep my options open, and expand my knowledge.

OkieMan
CartagenaPapito
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: women from Bogota, posted by OkieMan on Dec 28, 2004

http://latinamericanintro.com
thunderbolt
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Well, common sense would say that people in Bogota do have access to better education and more cultural activities, are more, so to speak, exposed to other cultures, including that of US, and are more likely to share 'modern' views and lifestyle.  Sorta like Houston vs NYC.

However, I would advise that you don't follow the temptation to accept generalities and stereotypes.  You can find nice girls in both cities, just as bad ones.  Although, maybe you are looking for the latter Wink  All those girls are individuals, and regardless the girls that list with agencies are a very small slice of the pie that's available, and not necessarily representative.

So just be open-minded and take the plunge.  If you plan to use agencies exclusively, I would say that Cali is the best bet because it has a lot of them, and seemingly this business is developed there better than in other locales.

valuedcustomer
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

It's generally true about the agency women.  And having been to both places ... I dont think the women are any better looking in either place.  Although you should be aware that the overwelming majority of posters here are going to Cali and are expressing their bias.  Take a look at the LAI Bogota website and compare it to the Cali websites ... this will give you a sense of what women are available (in the agencies... if you go out on you own that's a different story).  Also, keep in mind that Bogota is the national capital and you will find plenty of women there from Cali, Medellin, and all the other cities.  Also, Cali has its own unique culture which is different from all of Colombia... and women from that culture may have difficulties adjusting to the customs of uptight america.  Having data a few Calenas in Bogota.. they even have difficulty adjusting to Bogota.
Pete E
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

I haven't spent much time in Bogota but its generally true about english and education.Let me add more likely to be satisfied not having kids,although this is still a big minority.
Serious about marriage?I think more of them serious about a career there than Cali girls.Cali girls are known as partiers but that doesn't mean there are not alot serious about marriage.
So partially true.Cali is a better party place.That does not mean there are not serious girls,so they shouldn't all be lumped in the party girl catagory.
AND,it is the general opinion that girls in Cali are more attractive than in Bogota.It might have to do with weather and dress but in my opinion there is more to it than that.There are some different physical types.My brother in law from Cali went there.He made an unflatering appraisal that does not fit all but some.He said they were short,very white,no pompies [butt] and had a face like a plate as in round.Not my words,and certainly lots do not fit the discription.But there are some physical difference I think.

Pete

pablo
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

and don't forget the one that says, if you want to find a beautiful wife, go to Medellin.
roadken
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: women from Bogota, posted by pablo on Dec 27, 2004

Not as attractive as a group but better wife material.And still lots better looking than what's available to most guys here in the states.
pablo
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: women from Bogota, posted by roadken on Dec 27, 2004

Quote:
"(Medellin wowen are)not as attractive as a group..."

Roadken,

I will have to politely disagree with your assessment about the beauty of the Paisas.  I think they are much better looking than the women in Bogotá and AW don't even compare to these lovely women in Medellin.  I see many nines and tens each and every day and in abundance.  

Pablo

utopiacowboy
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: women from Bogota, posted by pablo on Dec 29, 2004

Pablo, my man, I KNOW that you know what you are talking about. There were times in Medellin just walking around or riding in a taxi with my wife, I would see so many gorgeous women....you just can't describe it unless you have experienced it. There is really no point arguing with the guys who disagree....whatever. Maybe it just takes a certain kind of guy to appreciate the paisas. To me, the most beautiful women on this earth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: