Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 11:31:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $699 ROUND TRIP - US to Cebu. Sounds good.  (Read 11105 times)
J4J
« on: September 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Recent ad sent by Jean's friend Ging.  It sounded very good so I though I would share the info.  Has anyone done business with this farmtours@psnw.com travel agency before?

------------------------

CHINA AIRLINES HAS ANNOUNCED A NEW FLIGHT TWICE A WEEK FROM =
SAN FRANCISCO TO CEBU FOR ONLY $699 ROUND TRIP INCLUDING TAX AND INCLUDES A=3 NIGHT STAY AT VIRGIN BEACH RESORT. THE FARE IS THE SAME WITHOUT THE 3 N=IGHT STAY AT VBR

DEPARTURES ARE SUNDAY AND THURSDAY FROM SAN FRANCISCO AND THE FLIGHT GOES T=O TAIPEI, TAIWAN NON STOP WHERE A CHANGE OF PLANES TAKES YOU NON STOP TO CE=BU. LUGGAGE IS CHECKED ALL THE WAY TO CEBU AND YOU CLEAR IMMIRGRATION AND =CUSTOMS IN CEBU...COMPLETELY BY-PASSING
MANILA.

THIS LOW PROMOTIONAL FARE IS FOR DEPARTURES STARTING NOW UNTILL DECEMBER 6 =AND DECEMBER 24 -31. SEATS ARE LIMITED SO BOOK NOW!

SIMILAR LOW PROMO FARES FOR LAX AND ALL MAJOR U.S. CITIES. RESTRICTIONS AP=PLY.

RON AND FE PERRY

farmtours@psnw.com

------------------------

Let me know if you find something like this for the January 2002 time period.  Jerry

cc
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to $699 ROUND TRIP  -  US to Cebu.  Sounds ..., posted by J4J on Sep 27, 2001

Forget the resort, but the airfare is as good as it gets, especially for December. You may want to ask Ron about Northwest airlines, just for comparison, they fly via Tokyo into Manila. I have bought tickets from Ron Perry twice and was very satisfied (speedy delivery of ticket, price as promised over the phone).
Bear
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to $699 ROUND TRIP  -  US to Cebu.  Sounds ..., posted by J4J on Sep 27, 2001

the addons are P13-1400 per day including P300/person if you want drinks with your meals.  There in absolutely nothing to do there except watch pirated videos or videoke.  The pool and food are okay and the resort well maintained but the cost is way too high and there is nothing to do and no place to go.  My wife and I stay 3 days and left.

Bear

outwest77
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

i have heard that place is not that great,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
the beach is rocky, and he hits you with all kinds
of add ons in the  hotel, just from guys who have stayed there, say its not a good deal.
Lonny
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to as for VB, posted by outwest77 on Sep 27, 2001

It is almost as far north on Cebu Island as you can go about 65 miles from Cebu City very unspoiled like in the south. So yes, it depends on what you are looking for, I am not a crowd person so I like the clean air and fewer people. They have a large pool hand dug and build by men who had never even seen a pool. It may be a little more of an adventure to go there, the beach is rocky like nature made it, beautiful like a picture, not man made like other places. There are two sea walls so you can walk out to the ocean any time or ride in their boat to another island, you can see Lyete off in the distance. There are gazebos to sit in the shade watch the fishing boats and the local kids going out on the sea wall fishing, talk with your honey. Local outside disco at night (real different). I got many free things when I was there mixed drinks ect. I also paid extra when I got extra, but this is the Philippines, nothing costs like it does in  the USA. If you want the country and not the city try it.
outwest77
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

thats how i am goijng to fly to cebu or manila

www.courier.org

normal fares RT san fran to manila are 400 last time i checked
;
last minute fares are about 200 i think

FilipinaCupid
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I saw you ask about Hong Kong on Mag-Anak.  Surprise visit in my future?

I like good surprises!!!

outwest77
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

with Philippines airlines from san fran to manila
with just a normal search
www.orbitz.com

about 700 or so sounds good though

FilipinaCupid
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to can get 705 RT on orbitz, posted by outwest77 on Sep 27, 2001

Wise man Save on airfare, Spend on vacation.  We have great family day and great personal adventure also.  You surprise me and I surprise you back, OK?

No, I not mean THAT!  Well, ...

@^:^@

FilipinaCupid
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: can get 705 RT on orbitz, posted by FilipinaCupid on Sep 27, 2001

Yes, message was for Jerry.  Sorry 'bout that.  I guess I better improve my proofreading.  Word doesn't check for that.

@^:^@

J4J
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I post under wrong message again, sorry ..., posted by FilipinaCupid on Sep 27, 2001

the Cowboys. lol

Thanks for all the info.  How is the road between Cebu City and the resort?  65 miles in an hour or half a day?  If I did go, would renting a car be a good idea?

Thanks,

J

Lonny
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sounds like the perfect place to take Je..., posted by J4J on Sep 27, 2001

You should e-mail Ron Perry, he has taken guys on over 50 tours to Cebu, he has most of the answers, he will probably suggest the aircon bus to Bogo and the VBR jeepney will pick you up there. I take a taxi it costs p2000 each way or $40.00 each way. The bus would be allot less and you can look around see the sights. The bus takes 2.5 to 3 hours you get to see and mix with the locals, a Taxi takes 2 hours maybe a little less, but what a ride. If you want the name and cellphone of the guy I use let me know, he worked as a driver in Saudi Arabia for 15 years. He is a big help for anything you need.
Ray
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sounds like the perfect place to take Je..., posted by J4J on Sep 27, 2001

Don't rent a car unless it comes with a driver (or you like to live Very dangerously).

Wait for your second trip to see if you might want to drive in the Phils.

Ray

BrianN
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Car Rental, posted by Ray on Sep 27, 2001

Man, Ray, you got that one right on.  Even with all the months of time there... there's no way I'd want to even think of driving.  It's too much work, different laws, and besides, you're supposed to be on a vacation anyway.

Salut.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: