Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 23, 2024, 03:35:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cali Hotels, questions from newbie  (Read 23984 times)
sdlooker
« on: December 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I am going to Cali for the first time on Jan 10th, and I am a little nervous (friends warned me NOT to go). Anyone have suggestions for a hotel near ACG and LE. Do you have to call Columbia do book a a room? do they speak english. Is it safe to give the credit card number over the phone ? Or, is it best to just show up the day of arrival? Thanks a lot, in advance.
Pete E
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cali Hotels, questions from newbie, posted by sdlooker on Dec 31, 2003

I'm staying at Travelers Suites in Junambu,5 miniute 2200 +/- peso($.75) taxi to LE.Its $45 a night including breakfast,but if you make a deal up front for the length of your stay you might do better,particularly after the holiday stuff still going on here.
Their web site is http://www.travelers.com.co
They confirmed my reservation without a card or deposit.I even questioned it and they said no problem,just come.So you can look at the place and the room before you make any commitment.
Don't worry about what friends say,they don't know anything but the general bad reputation.Following this site you will know alot more.If you play it smart the risk is small but real.

Pete

Calipro
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cali Hotels, questions from newbie, posted by sdlooker on Dec 31, 2003

It is best to call them by phone or just show up. You don't need to give anybody a credit card number to make a reservation in Cali. Just call them up and give them your name that's good enough. What are you budgeting for a room and I'll let you know where to stay.
sdlooker
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Cali Hotels, questions from newbie, posted by Calipro on Dec 31, 2003

I'd like to spend about $60/night.
Calipro
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Cali Hotels, questions from newb..., posted by sdlooker on Dec 31, 2003

I paid $62 a night to stay at the Intercontinental. But I actually prefer to stay at Traveler's suites. I don't know how good your spanish is but one to the small advantages to staying at the Inter. is that every taxi driver in the city knows where the Inter. is located so you never have to worry about getting lost.
Cali vet
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Cali Hotels, questions from newb..., posted by sdlooker on Dec 31, 2003

A good choice within walking distance of those agencies is Hotel Granada Av 8N #15an-31 T:6614920 Under $60.
lometogo
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hotel Granada Real, posted by Cali vet on Dec 31, 2003

Hey guys, can I piggyback on this question? I'll be coming to Cali for the first time in February. However, I've travelled widely and speak passable Spanish. I'm not coming looking for a wife but to enjoy the climate, women, city, etc. I'd ideally like to stay in a hotel used by the locals, not necessarily "rich" gringos. My main requirements are that it be clean, girlfriend friendly, and ideally, around $25/night. Is that realistic there? Thanks, Terence
Cali vet
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hotel Granada Real, posted by lometogo on Dec 31, 2003

There are plenty in that range that meet your requirements, in fact quite a few along Av 8N up or down the street from where the Granada Real is located.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: