Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 20, 2024, 12:05:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PeteE  (Read 98492 times)
bigbdm4
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to PeteE, posted by JunFan on Dec 31, 2003

Chill your rockets, JunFan.  Don't be so mean.  It's a new year, so just relax and let's all have some fun, eh?  

Big B

DallasSteve2
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: PeteE, posted by bigbdm4 on Jan 1, 2004

[This message has been edited by DallasSteve2]

Big B

I hope that the person who posted these words to Pete E will also heed your advice:

"And please protect your typing finger, or was that two fingers? I mean, if you had an accident and broke it, what then would you do to insult the world which respects women and does not abuse them the way you do?"

Oh wait.  Those words were posted by you!  

Happy New Year.

Steve

JunFan
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: PeteE, posted by DallasSteve2 on Jan 1, 2004

Well, I don't mean to sound like I'm taking cheap shots at poor PeteE...but I guess I am.  And for good reason.

Anyone that has so openly discussed his situation should be able to answer some of the tough questions that are naturally gonna come up.

Let's face it, when the going got tough, PeteE ran away from his problems & responsibilities.  It's the PeteE's of the world that cost the rest of us USA taxpayers money.  Who do you think will pay for the assistance his ex-wife may apply for?  Who do you think pays for the public schools that her daughters will attend?  Healthcare of the uninsured?  It's not PeteE, because he flew the coup when the chips were down.  It will be the rest of us that are left here to clean up his mess.

The manly thing to have done would have been to sell the house, pay off all his debts, divorce his wife, and settle the community property & alimony according to the laws of California.

I have a feeling that his poor story is far from over.  When the going starts getting tough for his ex, don't think she won't be getting an attorney.

NW Jim
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to just calling a spade a spade..., posted by JunFan on Jan 1, 2004

Mike,
Coming from a gentleman who has been "born again" and who himself has been a failure at the MOB scene I would think you would be a bit more circumspect about being judgmental. I fail to see how your post adds anything to the situation, Pete has made his choices and your input will not change the situation.

While I may agree that Pete could have handled things differently, one doesn't get to old age without making some mistakes. The story isn't over. While I don't air my private life on this forum, certainly those who read your story and Pete's can take cautionary lessons from them. Those who read these stories, but will not learn, are doomed to follow the same path.

Ralph
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Let he who is w/o sin cast the first..., posted by NW Jim on Jan 1, 2004

The karate kid will surely be threatening you with bodily harm shortly. . . . .he he he he. Born again. . . . . once was enough.
JunFan
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to be careful, posted by Ralph on Jan 1, 2004

....tough man Ralph from San Antonio riding to the rescue.

Ralph
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to oh, it's you again..., posted by JunFan on Jan 1, 2004

I don't live in SA any more. I lived most of my life in NY. So before you start talking about how big dallas is better than SA. . . . . .

I live in Santo Domingo now. So lighten up danielsan.

valuedcustomer
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Let he who is w/o sin cast the first..., posted by NW Jim on Jan 1, 2004

Everytime someone points a finger, there are four fingers pointing back at them.
lometogo
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Let he who is w/o sin cast the f..., posted by valuedcustomer on Jan 1, 2004

Or is it three?
JunFan
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Well, NWJim....

I am always amazed at how people confuse criticizing with judging.

But you are right, I did fail in my situation.  But when it ended, I confronted the situation like a man & dealt with the details as painful as they were....I didn't run and hide.  I was very generous with my ex, to the point she was able to go back to Colombia & buy a condo that she has rented out, and used the rent collected to pay her way through college, and hopefully have some better opportunities for herself in Colombia.

pirate
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Touche', posted by JunFan on Jan 1, 2004

I would not necessarily say that you failed JunFan. Life is just a group of experiences... you live, learn and move on. You lived, you learned and you've moved on. C'est la vie.
JSlo
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Touche', posted by JunFan on Jan 1, 2004

Because you took handled things differently that makes you a better man? Although I believe that Pete could have handled things differently, I would have him in my corner anyday than someone like yourself that sits in a corner and casts dispersion.
Hope you get what you put out in your life.
JSlo
JunFan
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Touche', posted by JSlo on Jan 1, 2004

No, it doesn't make me a better man necessarily. But that's not the issue of the thread.

However, I will say that you can tell alot about a man by observing the way he handles tough times & adversity.  Some men choose to run from their problems & avoid them while others choose to stand and deal with them properly.

It's called character.

Dean
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Touche', posted by JunFan on Jan 1, 2004

Seem to me you and yours lasted a whole 3 months...

Pete committed 10 times as much effort....

I would call that 10x as much character....

Dean

JunFan
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Touche', posted by Dean on Jan 1, 2004

Heck...Pete was in counseling in the first few mos, because his wife didn't want to have sex with him.  He should have realized it then.  He would have been much better off if he had realized what was going on early.  Meanwhile he got used as a meal ticket and a doormat.

Here's a secret...If a woman loves a man, she tends to give him some... Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: