Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 04:23:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PeteE  (Read 98474 times)
JunFan
« on: December 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Pete,

Just curious on how things are going?  You getting homesick yet?  I know you hate Colombian food...you eating hamburgers every day?  You learned how to construct a sentance in Spanish yet?  Any word from your ex-wife about whether or not the house has been foreclosed on yet? Or if they have shut the utilities off at your old house yet?

Do you think at some point, you will have difficulty re-entering the US due to credit problems, or issues with the INS regarding the way your marriage ended up, in terms of whatever happens to your wife and the Affidavit Of Support you are still bound by?

Pete E
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to PeteE, posted by JunFan on Dec 31, 2003

Mike,
I'm glad I read your second post down below to discover your real opinion here.
Let me try to answer this post first,which has lots of reasonable questions.
No,I'm not homesick.I am  having a fairly good time but I haven't done too much yet.I have been spending more time with gringos than chicas.Only one real date so far.I gave Margareth a list of about 10 girls I want to meet yesterday.Its the holidays so they are hard to round up right now.Should pick up alot in a few days.I also spent alot of time looking for apartments.I found one I like but everybody seems to be on vacation,won't return calls.By Monday we should be able to run them down.
Actually I like Colombian food alot better this time.I think some of my complaints last time were more motivated by boredom and food at my in laws house.I have had some excellent steaks,plus my favorite pollo curry at crepes and waffles.
I am speaking more spanish but need to really study it.Once I get settled I will hire a private tutor I know of.
Being in Real estate I understand the foreclosure process.I used to by forclosed properties.The first step is a Notice of default.It soundfs like they are giving me untill about 1/10 to respond to some options.I could bullsh!t them and buy some time but I will probably not respond and they will file the notice by the end of January.The first step in a 5 month minimum process to get the house back.She will probably get to live there untill somewhere between June and August.
Shut  the utilities off?Where did you get that idea?I paid them through the time I left,so she won't even get a bill for a month or so.Then she needs to face reality.Free house but you have to pay power,water and phone,plus cable TV.Not so bad.No rent payment for now.She could rent the room that was my office for more than the utilities,so she could effectively be there for free.Plus I gave her a car and all the furniture.If she just wanted to bail for Colombia she couls sell that stuff and have some money.Not to mention the business I gave her family the money to start in Colombia.Not too bad for a girl that has been given everything to this point and who doesn't seem to even get it what she has been given.A little too good possibly.Certainly lots more than she deserves for her half hearted dishonest attempts to be a wife.
Trouble with the INS??? There is none.
Credit problems have no effect on your ability to enter the US,and if I get a little bit lucky I might even avoid them.
The affidavid of support.My understanding is the only way it can effect you is if she goes on some sort of public assistance you might have to pay them back.For all her mistreatment of me this is one proud lady.I don't think that will happen.And she can always go back to Colombia with the money from the car and furniture plus I will but her ticket.She got real interested awhile back who's name the Colombian business was in.I think she was thinking it could be hers.
I know you paid up big time for being married only a short time,and wonder why that was even neccesary but I presume it was out of concern for trouble she could cause you.I  think you could have had a good chance to just go for an annulment or Divorce.Dallas Steve was mnarried alot longer than you and his wife got zip.But you made what you thought was the right decision.But believe me I have paid ALOT more than you did.
About your second post.It seems there is the nice guy Mike who seems reasonable and then this guy who comes off bitter,angry and negative.I honestly wonder what you might have ingested between the 2 very different posts.
I did what I thought was best for me.Our lifestyle had been a money burner anyway,then things got much worse and my income went to hell.I don't think she deserves what she has already gotten.Plus she might have gotten no more based on my income of the last year.But I didn't want to hang around and watch.It was awfull living together under our final circumstances.I would have had to go to Court just to get her out of MY house.
Plus I have this pension that I did put in 28 years to earn that I can live fine on in Latin America.It gives me some well deserved options.
Other people paying for her kids schooling?I spent many years with a way above average income paying more than my share.But they are better off in a way with me being gone because with their new low income they can get almost free insurance.Thats not an affidavid of support issue,just one of those social programs that rewards underachieving.
Call it running if you like.I was in a bad situsation I wanted out of and I have some unique options and I made my choice.I was far too generous and patient for way too long.
What she deserves is to be back in the Barrio where she was before I came along and I will pay her ticket there any time.
I can't remember if I answered all the negative jabs from your second post.I only have the first to refer to with this post.
I presume that all those great options with US chicas didn't pan out or you would not still be being so negative.
There is often more to a story than we know.I think everybody here knows my story a whole lot better than yours.I told the whole thing,including all the details and my feeings about it.There is nothing hiden.I think I'll skip another comment I was going to make and stop with that.

Pete

JunFan
WOW
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: PeteE, posted by Pete E on Jan 1, 2004

You really have all this figured out, don't you? I had no idea.

You convinced me...

You know, you're just such a nice guy....plus, you have rationalized everything so well.  I mean, hey, you paid your dues, you should be able to just cut and run.

I don't know what to say.

Can someone please pass me a hanky, I think I'm gonna cry.

Pete E
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to WOW, posted by JunFan on Jan 1, 2004

Mike,
It would have been easier to do what you did,but I just kept hanging in there and paid for it big time.
As I said I think you did the right thing for your situation.

Pete

JunFan
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: WOW, posted by Pete E on Jan 1, 2004

The question is not if it hanging in there was the right thing to do.

The issue was why you chose to flee the country with a bunch of legal loose ends left hanging, versus taking your lumps with the divorce and getting everything behind you once and for all.

lswote
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: WOW, posted by JunFan on Jan 1, 2004

Seems to me the option you chose for your divorced didn't get anything behind you except perhaps your humanity.  Maybe you "tied up all your legal loose ends", but sadly you don't seem to realize that life is more than legal loose ends.  Actually I think someone lending you a hankie would be exactly what you need right now, if it meant you actually COULD cry.  You have so much pent up bitterness and resentment that you seem to have lost all compassion and empathy for others.  I think a good cry is just what you need.
Pete E
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: WOW, posted by JunFan on Jan 1, 2004

Mike,
We actually have a divorce agreement with distribution of property she says she will sign.
Why do I need to stick around in a bad situation for it to be final? 6 months of my life is important to me.I would rather be finding a new chica than living with one that doesn't give a damm about me.And seperate households would be a big expense there.I prefer my seperate household here.
If I am not making the money I need to live there a solution is to greatly reduce my cost of living,as in here.
What was that old story about walking a mile in someone elses shoes?

Pete

Dean
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: PeteE, posted by Pete E on Jan 1, 2004

Excellent reply Pete....
Your control is enviable....

JunFan casts criticism, but never did relate why the wife left after 3 months....

JunFan
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: PeteE, posted by Dean on Jan 1, 2004

She didn't leave...she was divorced & sent home.
Ralph
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: PeteE, posted by JunFan on Jan 1, 2004

Mikey said that she demanded a lot of attention. Duh. Living in a new country might cause that. Or maybe it was Mikey's obsessing with her cousins boobs. . . . he he he he.
beenthere
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: PeteE, posted by Ralph on Jan 2, 2004

great post Ralph!!!!!!!!!!!  All you have to do is visit his personal web-site and you definitely get the picture that he's not the kind of guy who gives attention to a woman, just expects it..........a man with a large ego is surely an understatement when describing Mikey.......
Ralph
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PeteE, posted by beenthere on Jan 3, 2004

In the early days he posted about taking a knife to Cali and sounded like he was actually hoping to get to use it. He talke d about how superior he was at handling a knife than all the thugs in colombia.

He also posted a pic of hi,self with his shirt off while threatening me once. Talk about funny. . . . .If one is such a
bad #ss why would you need to carry a knife. I've had knives pulled on me twice.  One guy I just walked right at and he put it away. The other learned that a chair makes a better weapon. . . . . he he he he.

Even when he was with his wife, he was obsessed with Olga "the big O's" breasts. I bet his wife apreciated that. . . . . . . .
He is certainly a guy that is "all about me". All the dojo stuff is certainly to make up for other . . . . .uh. . . .shortcomings.

beenthere
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to he he he he, posted by Ralph on Jan 3, 2004

Guess what.............he just threatened me with a personal e-mail..........today he also posted a semi-nude picture of himself on gringo.com.............the only funny thing was he was somewhat thick around the middle...............pretty scary guy for a "born again" Christian.............I feel sorry for his ex-wife.........I'm sure she had a rough time of it.
Ralph
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: he he he he, posted by beenthere on Jan 3, 2004

I'm not sure what sending a picture of himself with no shirt on is supposed to accomplish. The best part is when he was posting that pic for me to see he was doing so to defend houndog. Very romantic. . . . . .  .he he he he
Fuzzyone
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: PeteE, posted by JunFan on Jan 1, 2004

I forgot what you said before but what had happened between you and
your wife?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: