Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 25, 2024, 08:41:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment  (Read 20369 times)
Pete E
« on: December 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I found the apartment I want.Now I need to convince them to rent it to me.They are very tough here.They want 2 co signers with property in Colombia.I have one plus her equity might not be enough.I offered them a year up front,that will probably work after I show them My income and bank accounts.
Same building and size unit I talked about,200 sq mt,about 2200 sq ft.
4 bedroom 3 baths if you count the little maids room and bath.Great views,huge pool,all marble floors.40 ft deck looking at mountains,3 bedrooms with views of the city. 15 th floor.
1,000,000 pesos a month plus 288,000 administration(security guys with guns,ect.$464  a month total,I pay 12 months of the rent only up front,$360 a month,$4320 a year.Less than one of my old house payments.
Its located in Oeste,up the river towards Santa Teresita(tres  cruces,ect)from avenida sexta.
I hope to be in in time for a new years party.Margareth says she can get all the girls we want to attend.
The hot body girl I was trying to connect with didnt'show,probably just as well.We are working on a cute girl personally recommended by Margareth for tonight.Magareth says she is very sweet and nice.Kind of looks like my ex.Hmm,anything significant there?
I will keep you posted.

Pete

jim c
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Apartment, posted by Pete E on Dec 23, 2003

Pete
Can you walk out of the house at night? Please donīt lock yourself in untill you have stabilized your life there. I hate to be the Cassandra here, but you are rushing yourself into a an expectation of life in Hugh Hefners house. As Cali James said you are going to find life there very different than you expected. You donīt need a palace to have a girlfriend. At a minimum come up to Cartagena and see the difference. I closed on my condo today and when it is furnished you can stay for free. It has three bedrooms and overlooks the beach. Please slow down. You are sounding like every idiot I have met on his third day in country. The penthouse and the hot and cold running chicas. The next thing we will hear is about your new 19 year old novia. Pay attention to the history on this board, sticking your fingers into your ears wonīt make it so. Daily life in Cali sucks except for the girls,when you find one then what? Going into business with Margreth? Is  the battery in your hearing aid low? What benefit will that be. Good Luck and Merry Christmas JIM C
Pete E
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Apartment, posted by jim c on Dec 23, 2003

Jim,
I feel way slowed down already.I've been here 17 days and the hotel I'm at has a lousy internet connection.It crashed 4 times trying to post this.I can't open my e mail.I need a place with a cable connection so I can follow my investments.
$464 a month sounds pretty affordable to me.Thats $15 a day.I could have paid a couple months of that for what this hotel cost me so far.Being blind on my investments probably cost alot more.Its also 8% of my last house payment.
I know I could spend $125 a month.But its not my style.If I can have a place for $464 a month I would pay $3000 a month for were I come from it looks good to me.As far as impressing some girl,this is just my normal life style.How I live.So she sees  the real me.I don't want to play poor to be safe.And I do have friends coming next month.I wouldn't ask for money,but it would be nice to have them stay with me.
Thanks for the invite to Cartegena,I will probably take you up on it.And it probably would be a better place to live long term,as would Panama,or maybe Brazil.But the girls are important.I feel this is the place,nothing else even close.Plus I know alot of people.I am anything but isolated.Conversely you are welcome here any time but it sounds like you had enough Cali.But a few months sans chica might want to make yop pay a visit.
No,I won't be walking around the place even though its in a good neighborhood.I'll take a cab to chipi chapi or Avenida Sexta.Yup thats the downside.
The downside of Cartegena to me,besides initial isolation is the women situation.I look at the web sites and see little of interest,and those are probably more picky,as in your experience with those agency girls.
I hesitated about the one year up front but this place is such a deal compared too what I saw looking about 10 days.I would pay 500,000 pesos more for it.I think if I'm not here I can get some income.But if not its still OK.
Actually its very frustrating I could be in the place already but the ladsy who showed the first one would never call back.We had to go find the building and ask at the door.They had 2 pl;aces.The other 280 meters and 1,488,000.I would have gone for the laqrger size but the layout was poor and the balcony small.
As always I appreciate your imput Jim and you make some good points.We just differ on somethings.And  after 4 years in a bad marriage slow down doesn't appeal too much.I feel like I have been dead in the water along time.

Pete

Wasp
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Jim, got any web links for real estate in Cartagena?
jim c
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Apartment, posted by Wasp on Dec 24, 2003

Cartagenainfo.com  look at Paul Juan real estate. contact me if you are interested and I have a lady who will help. Paul Juan is a hustler but  he has some over priced properties that are nice. jim
JSlo
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Well said Grumpster! I hope Pete listens and I also hope that he allows himself to exit the rebound mode before settling down again.
Good luck with your condo in Cartagena.
JSlo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: