Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 24, 2024, 06:33:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 year anniversary thoughts  (Read 18887 times)
Jimbo
« on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

To all participants of this fine PL board,

On this special day for me and my wife, I want to take a moment to look back and express my true feelings about the results I've experienced from using this unusual process to find a lifetime partner.

Having met Sally through a penpal site, and then marrying this lady from half a world away, and then building a life with her over the past 2 years...... I can honestly say that this was the smartest thing I've ever done in my life.

Happy Anniversary Sally!

Love Now, Always, and Forever,

Jim

Ray
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to 2 year anniversary thoughts, posted by Jimbo on Jul 23, 2001

Happy Anniversary Jim & Sally! I wish you fair winds and following seas for the rest of your voyage.

Ray

kevin
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Congratulations to yoou both!  I wish you the best in the years and decades ahead.  You're good friends and good folks.  I look forward to seeing you this weekend.

Happy Anniversary.

- Kevin

rgg
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

To Jim and Sally,

Congratulations and may the years ahead between you and Sally be filled with wonderful memories and countless 'lobster dinners'..... lol   Shocked))

Roy and Celia

Jimbo
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: 2 year anniversary thoughts, posted by rgg on Jul 23, 2001

We went out for seafood tonight.  She chose the fisherman's platter this time.  Then she drank half of her pina colatta and complained that she was drunk.  We came right home and now she's asleep.  So much for a big romantic evening Shocked(  I'm stuck with PL tonight.

Jim

Jimbo
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

"I've looked at life from both sides..."  --Wait a sec! I meant to say something else :oO

Ok, now for something completely different, and boneheaded.  With Sally's permission I can describe one of the dumbest things I've done since getting married.  The key to understanding the story is: Sally doesn't like to drive on the highway.  She's only done it twice in driving school and once with me, in daylight.

Sally wants to see a movie.  I'm running late at work so we decide to meet at the cinema.  She takes the back roads, I take the highway.  After the show she follows me out of the lot.  It's dark.  I'm thinking "Why not take the highway?  She needs the practice and she won't get it without a little push from me.  It will be good for her.  All she has to do is follow me."

The male mindset is fully entrenched and will not be denied.  Up the ramp I go.  The headlights behind me then pull out and pass me; the ones that I thought were Sally.  The next car does the same, and the next.  I pull into the breakdown lane and stare at the rearview mirror, and pray.  After about 10 cars up she comes.  She recognizes the truck and pulls in behind me.  "That was a close one", I sigh with relief.  I expect she'll be a bit upset when we get home.

She wasn't upset.  She was furious.  Her knees were shaking.  She sobbed uncontrollably.  She would not be consoled and I couldn't even put my arms around her to try.  In between sobs she kept saying that I couldn't love her if I did something like that.  It was a long night.

For the following few days she was very cool toward me.  I consoled myself by playing Del Amitri:

"Tell her something in my mind, freezes up from time to time."

Well, we survived that one and I learned my lesson: listen very carefully when she says she's not ready for something.  If she is beginning to get ready she'll give me a little signal.  But I better be sure of that signal before I try to hurry her along.

"I really don't know life, at all..."

Jim
(thank you Judy Collins for reminding me)

Windmill Boy
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Both Sides Now, posted by Jimbo on Jul 23, 2001

Jimbo

Congratulationa (my favorite 15 letter word for writing on 6 inch cakes ha ha ha) and Happy Anniversary to you and Sally.  Thank you for relatinng this story.  it is great for illustrating the differences in the male and female thought processes.  I enjoyed it.

All the best to both of you !

Windmill Boy

kevin
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Both Sides Now, posted by Jimbo on Jul 23, 2001

Do you mean Sharon Cuneta?  Sharon Cuneta has her own version of the tune on her 1999 "When I Love" CD.

- Kevin

Jimbo
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Both Sides Now, posted by kevin on Jul 23, 2001

I spill my guts out and you want to talk songs? LOL! Just kidding my friend :-))

Don't forget, I'm older than you.  I like Judy's version from 1969 or so (when I was a young lad of 15).

BTW, the Lowell Folk Festival is this weekend, I'll email you.

Jim

jon
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Bear
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

nt
Cecil
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

n/t
Carl
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Congratulations, wishing you the best and many many more.
7 months to go for our 2 year and doing great.
Carl & Vemila
Jimbo
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: 2 year anniversary thoughts, posted by Carl on Jul 23, 2001

I choose to believe that the hand of a higher power is guiding this ship through both calm and sometimes troubled waters.

Jim --Ray will appreciate that nautical reference :-)

Carl
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to that's great news Carl, posted by Jimbo on Jul 23, 2001

You bet Jimbo, The higher power is definately at the helm.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: