Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 24, 2024, 07:04:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cuba information  (Read 23269 times)
Jefferson
« on: December 19, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I only show up a few times a year to add "my two cents" but perhaps there are a few people here who have good (repeat: good) information regarding women from Cuba. I was in Las Vegas last week and met Daisy Fuentes at the Mirage. We spoke about Latin America among other things for the 10 minutes we spoke. She's an awesome young lady and I have to say, Cuba has been in my mind since. Any opinions or suggestions based on experience?

Thanks guys. Happy Holidays

donb2222
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cuba information, posted by Jefferson on Dec 19, 2002

Well, I have visited Cuba 5 times, and I will try to give the reasons why I would not marry a Cubana.

1)  They are accustomed to doing anything to be able to get by. The laws are so crazy that just about everyone there is a lawbreaker.  It is even against the law for a Cubana to eat lobster or shrimp, everything caught must be exported for Castro to be able to get richer.

2)It is a crazy country where a woman can get arrested just for talking to a foreigner. If you want to have some sort of relationship with a Cubana, you have  to resort to sneaking around, and hiding from the police.

3) Cubanas do not age very well. After age 25 most of them look to be about 10-20 years older than they really are.
I was constantly shocked at how old the people there my age (39) looked.  I do not know if it is the sun or the food or what.

4)Cuba is very popular with Canadians,  you will meet dozens of Canadians that will give you horror stories of marrying a Cubana. All of them will advise you to go to Cuba for fun, not for marriage.

5)  Also, due to the very restrictive laws, Cubans must lie just to survive. Their oppressive government puts them in the position of needing to lie about about almost anything.                                                

6) If you are an American, it will be difficult for you to travel there.  

7) Very few of them speak any English. You would need to be fluent in their very unique form of Spanish.  I travelled there with a Puerto Rican, and even he had a difficult time with their  Spanish.

Cool The food is horrible. Those were the only vacations I took where I actually lost weight.  The hotels are not well maintained, and Cubans are not allowed in the hotels.
That's right, you can even have a Cuban fiance, and she is not allowed to visit you in your hotel.

9) As an American you will be asked to pay astronomical fees for any paperwork that is needed.  Many times the foreigner price for anything can be 10 or even 100 times the local price.

Why did I go there 5 times?  Because it is a very inexpensive place to visit. The culture and music is incredible, and it can be a fun place for a single guy to visit.  Most of the people that I met there were very, very nice to me. They were just victums of their oppressive country.

Good Luck, and as always, these are just my opinions

Don

Fingaroll5
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Cuba information, posted by donb2222 on Dec 20, 2002

How did you get to Cuba from the US? Did you go through Cancun, Dominican Republic? Did they stamp your passport? How do you get them not to stamp your passport? Did you stay in a Casa Particular? Do you have any contacts? I am thinking about going next year. Email me with your answers to fingaroll5@nospam.com, thank you for your help.
Brazilophile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cuba Travel Questions?Huh, posted by Fingaroll5 on Dec 21, 2002

If Americans travel to Cuba through Mexico, DR, or the Bahamas, you need to be more concerned about having TWO entry and exits stamps in your passport for US Immigration to look at when you re-enter the US.  You will have to account for where you went.  Cuba won't stamp your passport because they know what the deal is.  However, it is a whole different story for Mexico, or some other third country, to not stamp your passport when leaving for Cuba and not stamping it when you re-enter from Cuba.  

Bear in mind that Americans do not need a passport to enter Canada.  A birth certificate and a picture ID such as a driver's license will suffice.  Cubana airlines has flights from Toronto and Montreal to Veradero and Havana.  Nor will you not need to show your passport upon re-entering the US from Canada.

Cali vet
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Cuba Travel Questions?Huh, posted by Brazilophile on Dec 21, 2002

[This message has been edited by Cali vet]

Last summer I (a US citizen) drove up to Canada to visit a cousin and leave my dog with her for a few weeks. Then I flew from Toronto to Cali. They do the US customs inspection right there in Toronto so you don't have to do anything in Miami. On my return from Cali to Toronto I had to change planes in Miami and therefor go through (not very pleasant) US customs. I don't think there's any such thing as an "in transit lounge" anymore, you deboard a plane in Miami you go through customs period. When I got to Toronto I had to show my passport and they stamped "Canada" in it. Shortly before driving back accross the border at Windsor/Detroit I suddenly remembered I had "Colombia" tags all over my luggage so I pulled over and cut them all off and pitched them. I figured that would save a very lengthy conversation with US customs agents. When they asked me where I'd been I just said Dundalk (north of Toronto) for a few weeks and they sent me on my merry way to Miisouri. Had they insisted on searching my truck and found my passport I might still be engaged in conversation with them. Point being if you return from Cuba to Toronto you'll get a "Canada" stamp but it wouldn't indicate from whence you'd returned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: