Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 11:23:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K1 Visa Question  (Read 18815 times)
Chris0822
« on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello everyone..

This might be a very dumb question, but what if my fiance and I decide not to marry after she is already here on the K1 Visa. Is there anything else I would have to do besides getting her a plane ticket back to her country?

Thanks again.....

mudd
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to K1 Visa Question, posted by Chris0822 on Dec 20, 2002

sorry, i didnt read the post right. if you two dont get married, and she treis to stay after the 90 days are up, you would have to report her to the INS, and then she would be called" out of status" meaning she overstayed her visa and is now illegal.it might be a good idea, for some reason you two dont work out, to give her some money when she goes back home, because she probably quit her job, and it might take she some time to find a new one.
mudd
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

nope, if she tries to stay, without getting married, they will call it visa fraud and deport her as soon as they find her. she then will be banned fron entering the US for 10 years. if you two do something stupid, and get married so she can stay,that is also visa fraud and if they find out about it, plan on going to jail, because they are clamping down on people who do it. it used to be done all the time,and the INS did little about it, but now, they are imposing big fines and jail time.
outwest77
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Pray that she leaves
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: