Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 18, 2024, 10:19:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Novia in Cali will not travel to US alone  (Read 41333 times)
mudd
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Novia in Cali will not travel to US alon..., posted by elcolombiano on Dec 20, 2002

depends on if she can adjust to not haveing all those nice things, if not, then she didnt marry you for love. if she has a tourist visa, bring her here for a while, and she if she is a "princess" and neede all those things, regardless of what they cost. if she is willing to give them up for you, then she must like you a lot, but to me, she sounds like more work than what its worth.
DallasSteve2
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Novia in Cali will not travel to US alon..., posted by elcolombiano on Dec 20, 2002

How many stratas are there in Cali?  If the answer is less than 20 you'd better punt.  I suppose she's hot.  When she gets here guys will be offering her the world behind your back (whether they can afford it or not).  You'll try to cut costs and she'll get disastisfied.  If you've never had a disastified rich, b*tch before you're in for a treat.  Don't say we didn't warn you.

Steve

Fingaroll5
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

RED FLAGS!  RED FLAGS!  RED FLAGS!  RED FLAGS!  You should have a very bad feeling about this.  RED FLAGS! This could be the being of something not so good. Maturity is a definite question here, and it sounds like she may be lacking in this area. WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, DO NOT RUSH INTO ANYTHING.....SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. HIGH MAINTENANCE WOMAN, is never good for a man, only for the woman. There is absolutely no benefit for you. You both need to talk about reality, life after marriage, the daily boring grind. If her answers are shaky, DONT MOVE AHEAD....SLOW DOWN. You have nothing to lose if you wait. You have plenty to lose if you rush in to a fools paradise. Take time out to step back, see both sides of the coin. If the coast is clear do what is best for the both of you.  Good Luck, your going to need it.
valuedcustomer
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

When I was in Colombia I got my haircut for $2.20.  I could have gone to the best place in town if I was willing to shell out $8.  A manicure and pedicure in Colombia is dirt cheap.  But, my novia is well aware that the prices are much different in the US.  However, if you bring over someone who is immature, you are going to have problems.  And it doesn't look like a good start for you.
yorktr
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Novia in Cali will not travel to US ..., posted by valuedcustomer on Dec 20, 2002

I thought most of our airports now had signs in English and Spanish. Regardless, I would be worried about self-sufficiency or her ability to take care of things in the future. What if you have a 5.5 while you are at work? Would she be able to cope? How about another one of those big rainstorms, and the power goes out? Would you be required to try to go home to take care of things? She may not want to set up the Coleman stove if there is the risk of chipping a nail. I'm getting a Princess alert, here.
Personally, I would rather marry La India Maria, for then I would only have to fear the consequences of the clumsiness...both hers and mine...
My ex, who is 1/4 Seneca and 3/4 rotten, was masterful at asserting her camping/survival skills in the wake of the Loma Prieta quake, (before the marriage). Had she stayed, and should there be a hurricane landfall while I'm at work, I would have had no doubt that the situatiuon would be handled very well by her, without panic.
toucanrich
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Novia in Cali will not travel to US ..., posted by valuedcustomer on Dec 20, 2002

I agree it does not sound like a good start.  Does she love you or the salon.  I just lay out certain things and if there is a problem if is best to know know.  I plan on living down in central or south america so I tell them if you want to live in the US then I am not your guy.  So if you think you cannot afford the girl tell her she may have to do without some things.  I think that she is a big girl and could travel by herself.  If she cant you may have another problem.  It is nice to bring them with you but why dont you see how she does on a trip by herself.

Richard

NW Jim
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Novia in Cali will not travel to..., posted by toucanrich on Dec 20, 2002

Let's face it women are programmed to "marry up". Even if she tells you that she's willing to downgrade her lifestyle, subconsciously she doesn't want to. If you can't meet her expectations, conscious or subconscious sooner or later it will lead to unhappiness. Choose a woman whose lifestyle you're enhancing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: