Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 23, 2024, 12:27:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Embassy Closure  (Read 22159 times)
Cali vet
« on: December 25, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

No doubt the guys who need to know already do but the paper today says the US Embassy will be closed through the 30th.
Calipro
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Embassy Closure, posted by Cali vet on Dec 25, 2002

Thats right they told me at the embassy that they wouldnt be accepting 1-130s until Jan 2. So, I will be going back to Bogota before the 22nd of Jan. Anybody know about any airfare specials.
Seeker
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Embassy Closure, posted by Calipro on Dec 25, 2002

I'd strongly recommend Priceline. First check around to see what is the lowest airfare on Hotwire, Sidestep, Orbitz, etc. Then start by offering about 40% below the lowest fare you found. Just be clear on how much flexibility you really are willing to tolerate, because once your offer is accepted, there's no turning back.
Hiker
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Airfare in January, posted by Seeker on Dec 26, 2002

Have you actually used Priceline going to Cali?  Priceline is good when an airline has competition for a destination.  I always submit a bid on Priceline for a Cali trip, but I always wnd up going with American.  My bids are very reasonable by just knocking 50 bucks or so off the price but they are not accepted.  I use Priceline all the time flying domestic.
bogota vet
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Cali Pro, did you really have to be there in person?

Had you gone the K-1 route, would you have avoided this??

wizard
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

on finding a decent airfare this time of year... I usually get good rates on the discount airfare websites or through an agregator, but I had to pay almost double for my trip next week... The discount guys could get me there, but could not get me a return flight until Jan. 16th, blackout dates... Lots of holiday traffic... Plus I got routed through Miami instead of direct...
Cali vet
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

AeroRepublica is usually the cheapest if you're returning to Cali.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: