Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 02, 2024, 07:22:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you say "Dear Santa Claus" in spanish? NT  (Read 14068 times)
wendell
« on: December 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

NT
papa suave
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to How do you say "Dear Santa Claus&qu..., posted by wendell on Dec 10, 2002

you would say "Querido Santa Claus" or something along those lines.
lswote
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: How do you say "Dear Santa Clau..., posted by papa suave on Dec 10, 2002

Notice how papá is spelled.  Papá means father, papa means pope or potatoe.
papa suave
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Querido Papá Noel, posted by lswote on Dec 10, 2002

into your text? Is it a software program or do you have a Spanish keyboard? I've wondered about this but not enough to actually look on the net...I write alot of letters in Spanish but have never been able to use proper punctuation.
DallasSteve2
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Querido Papá Noel, posted by papa suave on Dec 11, 2002

Dear Smooth Potato

If you don't have a Spanish keyboard and you want Spanish characters I know of two ways to add them to your text in Windows.  

1 - Windows has a Character Map which for me appears under Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Character Map.  (That's a great example of how Microsoft ruined its UI, User Interface, with the Start menu).  You can scroll through the Character Map, select the character you want and copy and paste it to your text.

2 - You can type a special combination of characters to display the character.  For example the accented "a" (á) is Alt + 0225.  That is you hold down the Alt key while typing "0225" on the keypad.  When you release the Alt key the character appears.  It doesn't work if you type "0225" on the keys above the alphabet keys, only the number keypad to the right of the alphabet keys.

If you want to find the combination of characters for a Spanish letter you can also use the Character Map.  When you select the letter it displays "Keystroke: Alt + 0225" in the bottom right corner.  Some characters do not display anything.  I don't know if those have a special combination.

Steve

papa suave
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Querido Papá Noel, posted by papa suave on Dec 11, 2002

that when I came up with papa suave about 12 years ago while I was stationed in Panama I meant it to mean "smooth daddy" but later realized that I was calling myself "smooth potato." After a couple girls indicated that they thought it was cute I never bothered to correct it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: