Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 18, 2024, 03:01:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A message for Westerngrrl  (Read 21164 times)
kevin
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: A message for Westerngrrl, posted by Westerngrrl on Jan 22, 2001

That contradicts the principle of being independent.

Anyways, different strokes for different folks.  With marriage and family, comes responsibility.  One must be in love enough to want to give up one's autonomy (or INDependence) for a greater purpose (INTERdependence).  Once one makes a commitment, there's no painless way of turning back, especially if children are born.

If clubbing is so important to you in your 20's (which implies other things) it could impair the integrity of future relationships.

Perhaps, I've been conditioned to think that gainful adulthood implies spouse and family.  Marissa is an adult and was ready to make a commitment to a special man to share her adult life with.  Life is, to an extent, what you make of it.  If Art's life includes Marissa, and Marissa's life includes Art, they will grow together throughout life and bond.  There will be rosy times and not so rosy times, but the core commitment should be there.

Think about old happy couples.  They got married, probably, in their 20's.  They raised families.  Their lifestyles revolved around each other from 20-something to 80-something.  Times weren't always easy, but they stuck together.

Unless you change your attitude, you might be a lonely old lady someday.  The clubbing scene will not include any memories to cherish with your special someone.  Someday you might wish you had a special man that you could love, be your companion, and have a bond with.  This is something to think about.

Now, it seems you enjoy slamming guys in persuit of happiness because it infers the unconventional of how women ought to be.  When you get old, perhaps you might remember some of these remarks, and be wishing you had a life companion.

- Kevin

Westerngrrl
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Borrow from your parents ?, posted by kevin on Jan 22, 2001

First there was the depression in the 1930's and then came WWII.  There were less opportunities for girls at the time as well.  Today, the door is virtually open to everyone.  We just want to experience life before settling down.  Besides, I like dancing :-)  I don't drink too much nor do I do drugs.  I'm pretty much more decent than most young women my age.
kevin
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Things were different in those days, posted by Westerngrrl on Jan 22, 2001

There's nothing wrong with opportunities in persuit of something good and positive. I'm trying to take advantages of opportunities too that I otherwise might have to forego if I were married.  Hopefully, this might help be enriching for married life later on.

- Kevin

Lori
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: A message for Westerngrrl, posted by Westerngrrl on Jan 22, 2001

western-girl--I also want my daughter to experience life before she marries. But what you must understand is that in some other cultures girls who are your age have already experienced many things that you have not.
Why do you judge so harshly, a woman from another culture, that you have no experience of?? If you want your children to travel around the world, I would suggest the first step to take is to study other cultures, so that when you visit their country you can be open minded eonogh not to judge of make fun of. I think that is why americans get such a bad rep in other countries. We go over there and expect everyone to be just like us.
Open your mind, see the beauty in other cultures, learn from it. You will grow in your mind and in your heart.
Westerngrrl
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to differances, posted by Lori on Jan 22, 2001

But can she fit in to an older husband's society?
Jimbos
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to differances, posted by Lori on Jan 22, 2001

Your point is right on target and well said Lori!  You are wiser than this Westerngrrl will ever be, no matter how many college degrees she may aquire.

And if you were in a spelling contest with tneal, one-on-one, I would put my money on you!!! :-)

Jim

FL
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

clubbing, dating, working at the Gap or coffee shop is not every ones vision of experiencing life. " I want", "I want" " I want" "me" Me" "Me" fancy, expensive, the best, eeeehh gads!!
Westerngrrl
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: A message for Westerngrrl, posted by FL on Jan 22, 2001

YOu gotta have money to pay tuition, and even if the parents are footing the college bill, you have to have the cash for necessities like tooth paste, shampoo, etc. Where else are you going to get the money?
kevin
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Want?, posted by Westerngrrl on Jan 22, 2001

I suppose that is the purpose of having men in this world (just kidding).  All too often, it seems, men are only good as ATMS on two feet.

- Kevin

shadow
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Want?, posted by Westerngrrl on Jan 22, 2001

who is financially and emotionally secure and stable. Not some yuppy puppy that has to borrow money his/your parents.  Larry.
Westerngrrl
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to From your husband..., posted by shadow on Jan 22, 2001

Why would a 20 year old student living in a dorm be married?  That isn't typical.  She gets her own money by selling lattes to her peers.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: