Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 18, 2024, 04:33:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westerngirl, guns don't kill people...  (Read 16898 times)
shadow
« on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

people kill people. The one sidedness of your posts is a very good example of what is wrong in this country today, and what has driven most of the men here to look elsewhere for the woman of their dreams. Sure, some of the young women doing this are only doing it for the money and security, and some of the men doing it are only doing it to have a young, beautiful, sex slave. However it obviously never crossed your mind that it could POSSIBLY be love. This is exactly the type of mentality that makes life hard on everybody else, because they have nothing better to do. If someone shoots somebody, they want to outlaw guns. If someone stabs somebody with a knife, they want to outlaw knives. If somebody stabs somebody with a screwdriver, are you going to outlaw screwdrivers, too? If your neighbor has a compost pile and it offends you, immediately you will try to pass legislation banning compost piles for everyone in the country. It never would cross your mind that some poor farmer in the country would NEED his compost pile.  The fact of the matter is, people are individuals, and they all think just a little bit differently. Just because your opinions are very biased and based totally on preconcieved ideas doesn't make them the gospel truth. Other people have different ideas, and that doesn't make their thoughts the gospel truth either. If you go to college to learn, does it make any sense to go if you already have preconcieved ideas about your subject of study? Are you open minded enough to listen to someone else's veiwpoint on your subject of study? If not, you're wasting your time and parents money on a college education that will do you no good except on paper and to please your parents.  In order to learn a person must be open to new ideas. You obviously have had a very sheltered life, and have a lot to learn. For your sake I hope you can overcome this attitude instilled by upper-middle class ignorance, so that you CAN learn. I pity you. Larry.
Paulv
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Westerngirl, guns don't kill people..., posted by shadow on Jan 22, 2001

n/t
Dave H
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Guns Don't Kill People ..... Hamburgers ..., posted by Paulv on Jan 23, 2001

N/T
Dave H
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Westerngirl, guns don't kill people..., posted by shadow on Jan 22, 2001

Guns let the bullet do their dirty work. Knives...now were talking! 8O)  Most of my knives have personal names, while none of my guns do. Except for large bore shiny handguns at close range, knives make the hair on the back of my neck stand up more. With guns you usually don't see much, only hear pop pop pop and wonder why the dirt is kicking up. I'm a good dancer when I have to be. Shocked))

Dave "Dancing Fool" H.

Howard
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

...I could really get into this discussion, but what does it ever solve?  See Ray, it is possible for me to be mature and learn from my mistakes :c)  LOL  Here is all that I have to add.

In sifting through all of the posts to or from Westerngrrl I noticed one thing and found something funny.  FOA:  She is very polite for the usual basher.  I'm bettin' she's very hot and very bored.  If she was typical--you KNOW the type--, she would be much angrier.  I think she is really interested in this.  Why?  I'm assuming bordom, but like I said she is being very polite and for that I will be as well.

What I noticed was something that had slipped my mind being, blessedly, 6 months past the only wedding I will ever have to be a part of :c)  Now that it's over I am definitely more thankful for my bride, but if you would've asked me the week prior, depending on the crisis I was tending to, I might have been happier that the event itself was almost over :c)  LOL  This, of course, brings me to my point.  Why is it that some many people put so much effort toward planning their wedding, spending themselves into credit card chaos, depleting all of their parents funds, etc... and put so little effort toward to commitment they make?  I have pals that have been married for four YEARS that still haven't paid off all of the debit from their wedding.  I have one friend that is still making the payments on his first wife's engagment ring and he just got divorced from his second!!!  My wedding was very respctable.  Most of my friends pulled me aside to tell me that they had more fun at my wedding than anyone else's we know.  The food was good.  The Liquor flowed.  We danced and reminisced.  It was not extravigant, but it wasn't at a VFW either.  It was a day of celebration.  A day to celebrate two people who traveled across the world to be together, not a day for anyone's mother to try and out-do everyone else's mother.  So many times the wedding is about the mother of the bride, rather than the bride and groom.  But, hey... to each his/her own.  I'm more proud of the fact that my wife was fooled long enough by my best behavior to actually say 'I Do!'  LOL  And I'm also quite relieved that everything's paid for :c)

H

Bear
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ya Know!?..., posted by Howard on Jan 22, 2001

cost me less that $2K and was the happiest day of my life.  Yeap its all paid for now.  Got lots of pictures i do not lknow how to post.  Marissa put some online below.

Bear

Westerngrrl
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Actually yes, some people DO know what they're going to study at the time they apply.  If people didn't know what they're going to major in, then BFA degrees, for example would be useless, wouldn't they?  IT would make no sense for an applicant to audition or to interview and show his or her portfolio, would it?  And as for western men going abroad to find wives.  I do not believe that every single guy would do that. In fact, most men I know, unlike yourselves, quite like us girls here.
Willy
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Westerngirl, guns don't kill people...., posted by Westerngrrl on Jan 22, 2001

nt
shadow
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Westerngirl, guns don't kill people...., posted by Westerngrrl on Jan 22, 2001

Most men wouldn't go abroad to find a good woman, because they are not brave enough or done their homework. I'm sure most little boys you know WOULDN'T go abroad looking because they haven't had a good dose of little girls like you yet. Larry.  ( Just another fat, middle aged, balding, uneducated, drugged out alcholic with an open mind)  Smiley
cc
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Sorry, couldn't help it. Other than that I completely agree with Larry and the many other posters who came out in defense of Philippine woman's perspective. And no, I am not a "liberal" myself, even though my previous comment about Reagan and Erap may have sounded like it ;-) Just wanted to stir things up a little....LOL...

I like to thank Westerngirl for posting so frankly and expressing her views of the typical american ideal. Your dream of "ideal" future is not everyones ideal. Happiness and wanting the best for your kids is not synonymous with being able to take them on an educational tour to Europe - you will understand this someday.

I myself am European. If you ever take your future family to Europe, you will probably be disappointed that everything there is sort of "american", just not quite as "good"... only if you manage to see beyond your "american keyhole" will you be able to experience the richness of other cultures.

By the way, the purpose of education is NOT to get a higer paying job. The purpose of education is to transform yourself into a more knowledgeable, more open, more wise, if you will, human being. There is nothing wrong with NOT being a "career woman" despite your PhD !

Westerngrrl
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to guns don't get killed, people do!, posted by cc on Jan 22, 2001

flaunt it.  As for trips to Europe and Asia.....I'd like to show my future children the cathedrals and temples in these countries, for example.  I'll be keeping them away from McDonald's and Pizza Hut, and making them eat the food there.
Willy
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to When you got it...., posted by Westerngrrl on Jan 22, 2001

Beat them into submission? You don't MAKE kids eat stuff. How about give them a choice?
Westerngrrl
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What are you going to do>, posted by Willy on Jan 22, 2001

First of all, they're not going to be raised on that junk.  I'll only take them to fast food places on occasion.  Otherwise, it's homecooked food or other healthier things.  Why are Europeans in better shape than North Americans?  Because they aren't raised on a junk food diet nor do they lounge around all day! :-)
kevin
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to When you got it...., posted by Westerngrrl on Jan 22, 2001

Are you going to make home cooked meals instead of resorting to fast food?  Or will you be too busy?  The fast food industry serves a purpose.  Personally, I sometimes depend on fast food.

- Kevin

Westerngrrl
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: When you got it...., posted by kevin on Jan 22, 2001

If you mean making my own pasta sauce from scratch?  Nope.I wouldn't be doing that on a regular basis.  Pasta sauce comes out of a jar for me.  Hey at least I'm not ordering pizza!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: