Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 25, 2024, 02:23:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Injections???  (Read 11300 times)
greg
« on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Wow!!! I was shocked to recently learn that alot of the Filipinas never receive their Meningtis injection(without this shot; blindness, deafness and death can happen), no Polio shot, etc etc. It's important that we make sure our Mahals get all necessary shots, Plus a full health checkup. My Mahal told me that in the past the Government gave the shots free, but no more. Ahhhhhh, I asked her to have this taken care of immediately. BTW, I traveled to many Deaf Christian Churches in the Philippines, there are countless Deaf Filipinos(they became deaf from this Meningtis spinal cord disease). It's a common practice for all babies born in the States to receive all infection shots especially meningtis, the Filipinas never receive these important shots.   greg
cc
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to No Injections???, posted by greg on Jan 22, 2001

Vaccination against hemophilus (which is only one of the many many viruses and bacteria that may cause meningitis) has been introduced in the US only a few years ago. I am not surprised that it isn't done in the Philippines (or most European Countries for that matter). Polio also has become controversial. There are only a handful of Polio cases in the US per year, and each and everyone caused by the Polio vaccine itself!

Other than that I agree with your post. Vaccination is extremely important!!!

greg
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: No Injections???, posted by cc on Jan 22, 2001

Polio Vaccination caused Polio in USA?? What other important Vaccinations would you recommend for our Mahals? Hemophilus, Polio Vaccinations and What else??? thanks, greg
cc
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: No Injections???, posted by greg on Jan 22, 2001

Well no, I would not recommend hemophilus except for children. Polio is controversial: the public benefit (of preventing an epidemic) may outweight the very real vaccination risk to the unlucky few....

If your mahal hasn't had her childhood disease she should get MMR (measles, mumps, rubella). Rubella can cause very serious birth defects if she catches it during pregnancy, so rubella is a must!

Tetanus and diphteria are important and should be refreshed every 10 years!!! Have you had your DT within the last 10 years? You should!

greg
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: No Injections???, posted by cc on Jan 23, 2001

Hi! Dr Dave H, Can you kindly put your Doctor profession to good use? Are there additional Health Injections an Adult Pinay may need? Thanks, greg
kevin
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Doctor in the House?? Calling Dr. Dave H, posted by greg on Jan 23, 2001

What about anti-flatulence medication.  In America, gas, like any other by-products, must be retained until there is an available proper disposal site (in this case, a "comfort room").  It isn't always easy for some people including myself.  We could probably all use some of Dr. Methane's advice and help.

- Kevin

Jeff S.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Calling Dr. Methane:, posted by kevin on Jan 24, 2001

then you can blame it on squeaky boards. Works for me!
Dave H
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Doctor in the House?? Calling Dr. Dave H, posted by greg on Jan 23, 2001

Hi Greg,

I am not a "real" medical doctor and only play one on TV. Shocked)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I am not really sure what vaccines they receive in the PI. It is probably based on wealth and/or available public health services. I will talk to my fiancee (a real RN) and get back to you.

Is this for immigration purposes or for health concern reasons?

Dave H.

greg
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Dr. Detroit, posted by Dave H on Jan 24, 2001

Hi! Dave, I was shocked that my Mahal informed me that she never received any Health Vaccinations. I asked her to go for a full health checkup and get all necessary Vaccinations. It's only for her own Health; You know better safe than sorry. I think all Guys should make sure their Mahals receive a complete checkup and vaccinations. I just want feedback on all Vaccinations available in the Philippines, so I can tell her incase the Doctor there miss anything. Yeah, please ask your wife for information. Thanks, greg
Ray
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Greg,

Yes, there is a doctor in the house. You were just talking to him, silly!

Just wait till you get his bill :-)

Ray

kevin
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Doctor in the House?, posted by Ray on Jan 23, 2001

Dr. Methane accepts barter in the form of natural gas.  Most of us in colder climates are aware of the natural gas shortage and skyrocketing prices.

- Kevin

greg
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Doctor in the House?, posted by Ray on Jan 23, 2001

Come on Ray, I need serious help. Why it's soo difficult to get help on this board? When a person post something foolish, she get many responds, but whenever someone need advice, Where's the help?? Anyway thanks for your sense of humor. :-) greg
Ray
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Doctor in the House?Ray, posted by greg on Jan 24, 2001

Greg,

I think doc cc gave you the answers you were looking for. Listen to his advice (Free), or let your girl listen to Her doctor's advice.

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: