Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 01:24:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for WesternGrrl  (Read 9439 times)
Andy(Original)
« on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

WG,

I would appreciate it if You could tell me how You would rate the following traits in a man according to Your standards.

-Appearence
-Money
-Job
-Family
-Character
-Faithfulnes
-Honesty
-Tendernes

I would like to compare Your standards with those of my Fiancée...

regards,

Westerngrrl
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Question for WesternGrrl, posted by Andy(Original) on Jan 23, 2001

1. Character/Tenderness (same thing)--> Must be a sweetie

2. Appearence-->Can't be a slob.  A Freddie Prinze Jr or Joseph Fiennes lookalike preferred, but not necessary :-)

3. Family/Job/Money (I pretty much consider money/job the in the same category)__> Must be from a good family, have some sort of degree and a job.  Attendence at a well ranked high school and university preferred, but again, not necessary.

4. Honesty/Faithfulness (isn't that the same thing?)

cc
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Question for WesternGrrl, posted by Westerngrrl on Jan 23, 2001

What do you think your chances are to find a "Ryan Philippe" look-alike who is sweet, tender plus has the money/job/academic credentials to satisfy your family ideals? Well, maybe you are really lucky in life, but chances are you may have to compromise and I hope it will NOT be honesty/faithfulness that you toss over board! Otherwise you might end up as a single-Mom with a Ryan-Philippe-look-alike as your ex....

Real life is about compromise. The men on this board go to Asia, because they can't find the values they seek here in the US. If they could, they would NOT go through all the trouble trying to find a wife half-way around the globe. Don't think it is easy to bridge the cultural gap; there are lots of sacrifices and compromises to be made by both (the American husband and his Filipina wife!)

Westerngrrl
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Follow up question, posted by cc on Jan 23, 2001

Read my comments carefully.  I said that movie stars are PREFERRED, but not NECESSARRY
shadow
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Follow up question, posted by Westerngrrl on Jan 23, 2001

a Kennedy! My, my, my, must be rough having more dollars than sense. Larry.
cc
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Question for WesternGrrl, posted by Westerngrrl on Jan 23, 2001

Just curious, why is it more important to you that your bf is sweet and tender, than that he is honest and doesn't cheat on you (faithful)? Shouldn't that be #1???

I bet lots of people would have thought that you put #3 on top of the list, so you can give your children that "dream vacation" in Europe ;-) I am glad you didn't!

Pete
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Question for WesternGrrl, posted by cc on Jan 23, 2001

You could have bf that is abusive and violent, yet still
faithful....hence the sweet and tender. Just a devil's
advocate type o view.
Westerngrrl
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Question for WesternGrrl, posted by cc on Jan 23, 2001

When I'm looking for a husband, then faithfulness would be important, but I'm not right now.  I'm only 21 and I fully belive in Cyndi Lauper's motto "Girls just wanna have fun" :-)  at least for now.
cc
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Question for WesternGrrl, posted by Westerngrrl on Jan 23, 2001

Well, this IS the difference: you are just looking for a toy-boy to have some fun with. The men on this board actually seek someone to marry and start a family with!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: