Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 08:32:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "American Immigration" Books  (Read 6743 times)
johnh94927
« on: May 26, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

"American Immigration" is the umbrella title for a series of books on the subject, including the Fiance Visa. I wondered if anyone has any experience/opinion of these books, since they're kinda pricey - about $65. I don't object to spending that sum if the books are good, but I wouldn't want the books if they aren't helpful.
johnh94927@hotmail.com
tito
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to "American Immigration" Books, posted by johnh94927 on May 26, 2001

Hi John,

Just recieved approval today on my fiance petition today from the TSC.For now I guess I am finished with the INS U.S. part of the process which I guess is mainly what that book covers.I found the petition form rather simple and my fiance had no problem with hers.I was actually quite surprised how basic the I-129F petition was.BTW, I am not a lawyer or rocket scientist.I believe the Manila Embassy part of the process might be a little more complicated.I am not sure that series of books would help much with the Manila Embassy specifically.The forms might be the same worldwide but the ways and means of an embassy might be different.For that I rely on a wealth of first hand up to the minute info here and more recently at the Mag Anak site.
A couple of excellent sites sites have recently been removed(see thread below) but there is still enough free info around that I don't believe a book would be worth the investment.Just my HO.Good luck with the process.

tito

Dave H2O
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: "American Immigration" Boo..., posted by tito on May 26, 2001

Hi Tito,

Congratulations! I am waiting for the second NOA from the TSC.

John,

I agree with Tito. This board and Mag Anak can keep you up on the latest info. Books often become outdated quickly as policies and procedures change. They are often very generalized also. The more posts and websites you read, the more this stuff starts to make sense. I was so overwhelmed at first, that I planned on hiring a lawyer. Now the prcedures and forms seem simple. If I run into real problems, I will hire a lawyer. If you have any questions, just post them. There are members of both boards in all phases of this process.

Good Luck,

Dave H.

tito
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Good Luck Tito!, posted by Dave H2O on May 26, 2001

Thanks Dave.BTW at TSC it was 103 days for the second NOA.They are up to the 2nd week in Feb.Hang in there.

tito

johnh94927
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Good Luck Tito!, posted by tito on May 26, 2001

thanks for the feedback. these books are a little pricey, and since i don't trust lawyers...
thanks again,
john
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: