Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 02:36:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "HEY JOE" The Book  (Read 9750 times)
humabdos
« on: May 31, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I just finished the book Hey Joe by Ted Lerner.  This would be a great book to read on your plane trip to the Philippines.  It's funny and informative.  Those of you who have been to the PI will be able to relate to his observations, and those who haven't been will get a idea of what life is like for a foreigner living in the Philippines.              Two thumbs up!

Humabdos

Dave H2O
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to "HEY JOE"  The Book, posted by humabdos on May 31, 2001

Hi Hum,

I will have to check it out. I am currently reading a very interesting book titled, "Filipino American Lives" by Yen Le Espiritu. It is a collection of first person naratives of the American experience, from a diverse group of Filipino Americans. I didn't realize that Filipinos are the second largest group of Asian Americans as well as the second largest immigrant group in the US.

Dave H.

jim in the pis
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to "HEY JOE"  The Book, posted by humabdos on May 31, 2001

and some of the lesser educated male population still yell out hey joe when a ferner passes, they dont have any idea where it came from, or what it means.
me i just yell back, hey carlos! and then they get the message!
jim joanne and jay
humabdos
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: "HEY JOE"  The Book, posted by jim in the pis on Jun 3, 2001

Jim did you ever run into Ted in Ac? I guess he lives there now.
jim in the pis
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: "HEY JOE"  The Book, posted by humabdos on Jun 3, 2001

ted, lets see i know about 3 teds. can you refreash my poor old worn out menory, i think that was the second thing to quit, or the first, gosh i cant remember weather its one or two?
lol
jim
humabdos
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: "HEY JOE"  The Boo..., posted by jim in the pis on Jun 3, 2001

How many Teds do you know who write for the Manila businessworld?  His column is called "HEY JOE" Same as his Book.  Ever hear of it?
jim in the pis
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: "HEY JOE"  The..., posted by humabdos on Jun 4, 2001

ok now i know whitch one, but you must reliaze over here, we look forward to wash day, it gives us something to do. its sorta like when i lived in the virgin islans,and "there aint any" diffrent day, same thing.
but i dont get to manila very offten, i try to stay away from there it hot noisy, dirty and dangerious
jim joanne and jay
Jay
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "HEY JOE" ..., posted by jim in the pis on Jun 4, 2001

Hi Jim,

Just another sheety day in paradise, huh? Smiley

Jay

humabdos
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "HEY JOE" ..., posted by jim in the pis on Jun 4, 2001

He lives in Angles city Jim, maybe you ran into him while you were doing your wash LOL Funny Hot ,noisy, dusty,dirty,and dangerious is what I thought of A.C. lol o well Read the book you will like it!  Humabdos
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: